shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics from wedding gown fitting! Comments please!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So i went today to my appointment for the fitting of the gown that i''ll be wearing at the wedding party! We waited until three weeks before the big day (28th of May), because i was dieting and i wanted to do the fitting when i had reached my weight target! Phew...i finally got rid of those extra eight pounds...
Now that i''m done with dieting (i''d like to lose another four pounds but i''m afraid that it will make my face look extremely thin and...old
38.gif
) i''ve tried the dress on and it is big, so we need to make it tighter around my chest, my hips and waist. They''ll also finish the hem and adjust the straps.
Brrr...i''m nervous...
20.gif

What do you guys think? Be honest
27.gif

wedding gown fitting 020.JPG

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
more...

wedding gown fitting 017.JPG

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

wedding gown fitting 016.JPG

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif

wedding gown fitting 035.JPG

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one...Thanks for looking
35.gif

wedding gown fitting 028.JPG

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
smokin'' hot girlie! congrats!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Looks pretty good! I would maybe have the seamstress add in some cups so you have more support for the girls, instead of taking it in more. I''d be worried that if she took it in too much more you''d be showing more cleavage than you intend. The dress is lovely and very glamorous. A nice contrast with your legal ceremony dress (which is also lovely!). Enjoy!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 4:19:39 PM
Author: dani2142
smokin'' hot girlie! congrats!
I get the feeling you''d look smokin'' hot in any dress, but that dress is gorgeous on you. I love the neckline!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
You look stunning! What a beautiful dress!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! You are just gorgeous.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Um, where''s that extra four pounds supposed to come from? You look great!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I can see where it might need to be taken in at the waist, but I can''t see it anywhere else. And why on earth do you need to lose 4 more pounds?!?!?!?!

You look stunning in that dress! Yowzas!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
That is one of the most beautiful gowns I have ever seen. It fits you like a glove and you look great.

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Wowzers! That dress looks like it was made for you. I really liked it with your hair down. If it were me, I would go without a necklace because it detracts from the beautiful beading around the necklace. I thought it looked nicer without.

Regardless, you are going to look fab!
36.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 5:54:31 PM
Author: legallyspoiled
Wowzers! That dress looks like it was made for you. I really liked it with your hair down. If it were me, I would go without a necklace because it detracts from the beautiful beading around the necklace. I thought it looked nicer without.

Regardless, you are going to look fab!
36.gif
Agreed. I think you''ve got a lot of pieces that make a statement (dress, necklace, tiara), and it starts to get really crowded and it overwhelms you. You''ve got a gorgeous, slim frame but that means there''s not a lot of real estate between the straps, so there''s almost no space between the necklace and the dress. I''d probably go very simple with accessories, (just a veil and maybe a bracelet) because that dress has a whole lot of presence and bling!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
You look fabulous and I agree - you don''t have 4 more lbs to lose ! :)

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 4:23:41 PM
Author: Clairitek
Looks pretty good! I would maybe have the seamstress add in some cups so you have more support for the girls, instead of taking it in more. I'd be worried that if she took it in too much more you'd be showing more cleavage than you intend. The dress is lovely and very glamorous. A nice contrast with your legal ceremony dress (which is also lovely!). Enjoy!
I was thinking the cleavage area needed more support as well. Cups might do it, but I suspect the top being tighened and possible some stick ons might be a good idea as well.

Otherwise a really lovely dress for you.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
The dress looks great...the body looks great... you have a nice sized chest for your frame. I agree...I don't think 4 more lbs are needed and that also when someone loses too much weight, their face looks too thin and makes them appear older. Sarah Jessica parker would be so much prettier if she gained 10 lbs.

Unlike others, I do think the top needs to be taken in. Looks like a little too much fabric there.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Nervous? About what?

Both you and the dress look stunning.

Congrats on hitting your weight!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I think the dress looks wonderful on you and i agree with others to drop the necklace (it takes away from the bling on your dress), and to have some cups sewn in to the bust for more support and lift.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh! You look so lovely! Congrats on losing those eight extra pounds!!!

I echo the sentiments of the few other ladies that maybe the girls need a little somethin'' somethin.''

Gorgeous dress! You''re stunning, my dear!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani2142, KittyGolightly, Tuckins1, Mscushion, Oddoneout,Yssie, Treefrog, thank you girls for all the sweet and encouraging comments
35.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clairitek, Brazen irish, Travelgodess: Indeed the girls need some help in there! When they tried to put padds in the dress, i honestly tell you that for some reason i looked somehow like...Pamela Anderson
3.gif
And that''s strange and difficult to explain, since the padds that they used weren''t big and my...natural assets aren''t that big either
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

So the seamstress said that she will put it in at the cups, (because the design allows her to do that) and not from the sides, because i''d end up showing much more than i''d wish too and we don''t want the old fashioned dad and father in law getting any heart attacks at the wedding, do we?
31.gif
I hope everything turns out well and the dress fits properly on my big day!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 5:29:33 PM
Author: monkeyprincess
Um, where''s that extra four pounds supposed to come from? You look great!
He, he, Monkeyprincess...
1.gif
Those four pounds are supposed to come from my...buttocks
2.gif
, but unfortunately when i diet i don''t lose weight only from the problematic area but also from my face, waist, etc, and i don''t want that...
38.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 5:45:31 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
I can see where it might need to be taken in at the waist, but I can''t see it anywhere else. And why on earth do you need to lose 4 more pounds?!?!?!?!

You look stunning in that dress! Yowzas!
ilovesparkles, you can''t see it anywhere else, because the...hundrends of pins that i had on me at the time of the photo shoot weren''t visible in the pictures!!! The dress looks like that after it was put in with pins! Don''t ask what i went through, in order to take the dress off without dropping the pins and without getting stung!!!
5.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Legallyspoiled, princess, hawaiianorangetree: Indeed, i won''t be wearing the necklace with this gown. I just put it on for the fitting, coz it was a part of my bridal jewellry set and the ladies wanted to see how it looked on me! The neckline of my dress is enough...impressive by itself! But i decided to wear the bracelet and the earrings with my tiara! I can''t drop the earrings, i really like them and they''re not huge anyway
3.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maevie, nkarma: Thank you girls for your polite comments
5.gif
Indeed, with the mediterranean frame that me and so many other greek girls have, losing a lot of weight sometimes can make your rear view better but your face and other parts of your body look much worse than before...There was a time that i was six pounds less than my current weight and there are pictures from that time which prove that my lower body looked great but my upper body and especially my face looked tired and older...brrr...
32.gif
...which is the last thing that i want to happen to me at my wedding
14.gif

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
First, please let me say "I would kill to have collarbones like yours!" I don''t know what it is, but I just think that the collar area is so pretty.

On to other matters...your dress is lovely and soooo flattering. You are workin'' that dress! I don''t think you need to lose any weight, but I see what others mean about the cups and the front needing to be a little tighter. I hope it all comes together in the end the way you want it to!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Said in the most heterose*ual way possible - you look SERIOUSLY hot. Seriously.

Your dress is gorgeous, flattering, and you have the body for it. Your new husband is gonna be floored!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results