shape
carat
color
clarity

Picking up the goods today...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
The day has arrived... T minus 4 hours 26 minutes and 50 seconds to pick up of The Ring... Am I the only guy in the world who does this and is nervous, can''t concentrate, worried over every little detail, having trouble making decisions, shifting from one activity to the next and back again 10 times in 3 minutes, day dreaming about how she''ll respond, trying to make sure I don''t drop the thing, thinking how not to pick up a grass stain, wondering why God made it rain here today, thinking she''s figured out what''s up, fantasizing about waking up next to her for the rest of my life, trying not to burst out into tears every other minute, has voices babbling in his head, wondering if the top of the Washington Monument is better than the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, should I get a room, hoping his childhood stuttering doesn''t return, thinking she''ll think I''ve lost my mind before I can think of what she thinks I ought to think before I say what I''m thinking, or just thinking too much?

Michael

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
Woah! I thought I was bad. I stressed more with narrowing down the ring and especially the diamond. I am not proposing until next Sunday (the 10th), so I am not too nervous... YET. I am nervous about sneaking the ring with us on the place out to New York without her knowing and without it being inspected by security for some stupid reason. Worst case scenario, I will drop to one knee at the airport and propose if the cover's blown. Then I worry about the weather in NY next weekend since I plan to propose outdoors. I worry about losing the ring since I will be keeping it for the weekend. So many things to stress about. I can only assume it is only natural. Never done this before, so who knows. Maybe we are both just insane?
cry.gif
I am sure it's normal to stress. All will be fine. Don't fret. Just go with the flow and in no time, it will all be over and turn out great!
appl.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
OMG - you made me cry
What a sweet and sensitive guy!

When you ask that gal to be your wife
It's a moment you'll treasure all of your life

In my humble opinion, the perfect place
Is the shadow of Mr. Lincoln's great kind face.

And from a poets point of view....
The right words are there - inside of you!

All the best...let us know how it goes.
loopy.gif

danaLynne

Rough_Rock
Michael, Awwww, Your honesty and cander of anticipation and nervousness about your proposal is so sweet and charming.
16.gif
Any of the DC monuments would make an unforgettable place to begin your lives together. Will you propose at night with the glow of one of the monuments in the background. Sigh... As much as you are fretting about the perfection of this moment, it is sure to be just as special for your intended because you made it so. We girls wait sooooo patiently for this moment. Congrats on your purchase. Your contribution to this forum has been good, hopefully, you will continue to participate. Can't wait to here the proposal story if you care to share. Also, more pics please.
appl.gif
-Dana

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
You are cute. It is quite normal to be "preoccupied" & nervous. You'll do fine. Good luck & report back!

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Okay, I’m off… first to the jeweler, then…Wait… what’s that… shining through…my… window… could it be… can it be happening…It’s sun light… honest to God, heavens to be Betsy… Golden warm waves of light from that glorious Ball of Fantastic Fusion Batman!A prayer has been answered!Wooooo Hooooo!

Okay, now where was I?Oh yeah…then the appraiser for a final valuation with the setting, final photos (pics for all of you pic piranhas), come back here and fake doing some more work, then it’s home, feed my cats, shower, and then I forfeit my life for love…Not a bad day for a loon, huh
SoonToBeEngaged?

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Thanks for the encouragement… I wonder how you ladies know what this is like?I mean how would you know it’s completely natural to be drilling holes in your head to make plugs to fill the holes you drilled earlier?I’m loosing my mind!LOL…I can’t believe I typed that!I’m out of here…

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Michael

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
Good luck again Michael. Sorry to lump you into my self diagnosis of being insane.
tongue.gif
Thank goodness my fiance to be is a Psychologist. Finally someone that can figure out what is wrong with me and for far less than the team of therapists I would need.
9.gif

I am excited for you Michael. I am a bit more than a week away and cannot stop thinking about "that" day. So I want to hear back. Have an excellent weekend and good luck and early congrats!
appl.gif
wavey.gif
10.gif
2.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Michael, you have every woman swooning at your sentimentality on this subject. Good luck and I can't wait to see the ring!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It's so nice to know there are still a few wonderfully sentimenal guys still left in the world. Good luck to you both. Can't wait to read the details and see pics. In the meantime, breathe in, breathe out . . . count to 10 . . . feel better?
12.gif

Diamondlil

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha Ha you guys are funny!!! Very cute. My fiance is SOOOO nowhere near sentimental like this (then again I'm not a typical girl either). Maybe he dropped a little sweat bead during the proposal, but that's about it!! Though at that point he'd purchased me other diamonds. His FIRST diamond purchase for me did give him heart palpitations, as after he bought me my diamond earrings he sat in the car and gave himself a pep talk while wiping the sweat from his brow. That was 3 years ago!
1.gif
Progress!!

Good luck guys
1.gif
Can't wait to see pix and hear the sappy stories!!
3.gif

Speaking of sappy stories, anyone see Sex and the City with the proposal last Sunday? I confess to tearing up (twice--once with a friend and second when I saw it with the fiance)...very cute! I was definitely wishing something like that would happen and thought it was done very beautifully.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Swooning with the other gals...
Stay so sweet and sappy

Take deep breaths and off you go
The ending will be HAPPY..

(BTW - Mara, I also LOVED the proposal in Sex & the City...especially when the 2 girls in the background said "I am SO here next week"!!!)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good luck!! You are one heck of a cookoo, but what a wonderful cookoo you are.
appl.gif
I cant wait to see pics, so make sure you either have film in that camera or your digital is all charged up.
1.gif

Judy
:)

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
She'll marry you if you read that post to her as a proposal. What a lucky lady. Congrats and have fun!!

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Awe so sweet Michael -- GOOD LUCK... I hope my man gets half as nervous as you are about it! Oh wait... it's not happening any time soon for me, that's right! HAHA!
rolleyes.gif
cry.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Michael, did I miss the update????? Waiting...waiting...your story of anticipation had my heart sooo warmed up. Too cute!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results