shape
carat
color
clarity

Picking out ring! Need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blades

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend and I were out of town and we found this ring at a jeweler. It is made by a company called Ashi. The ring has about .7c diamonds in the setting alone, including two little diamonds in the band of the ring on the palm side. It''s an incredible ring. The ring has a .75 H SI1 princess diamond in it. The price is 5000, which is 1000 over my budget. We looked at many other rings and she has seen a few she likes, but she just has not fallen out of her chair like she did when she saw this one. I have not mentioned this ring, or any ring since we spent a weekend looking at rings. We were really doing it just in fun, we have not really been talking about getting married. But... we are going on vacation in 6 weeks, and I''m thinking about getting her this ring and popping the question. Both the ring and the question will totally knock her socks off.

I have found two local dealers who will sell me the setting only for 1800 or 2000, then I have to pick out a diamond. The ring won''t look right with something less than a .7, but I don''t think I can get a .7 for 2K. Is this ring grossly overpriced? I may just bite the bullet and finance what I can''t pay. Any suggestions? Do you think I could get a round diamond a little cheaper and if so, do you think a round diamond will look good in this setting?

Thanks!
Tommy

1A-BB5-LE.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there!
35.gif

Using the search feature on the home page I found a bunch of H SI2 diamonds in the .70 range for about $2K, so yes, it is possible. That being said, you will need to work with a vendor who can tell you if the stone is eye-clean (notice, by the way, that I'm mentioning SI2s but you mentioned SI1s).

As for rounds, they are more expensive than princesses. But I do think a round would indeed look lovely in this setting too!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results