shape
carat
color
clarity

picking an earring post

Lynn Sterner

Rough_Rock
I am buying an expensive pair of diamond stud earrings (1.8ctw) but was told my earring holes are small and might find the thicker screw-back uncomfortable. It was suggested I consider a thin screw-back post. Although it might be more comfortable, will a thin screw-back post be safe and be strong enough so I shouldn't expect it to bend? Don't want to lose these earrings! Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
Have you consider La Pousette earring backs? There is a mechanism that you need to pinch to loosen the earring back to remove and thus provides extra security. The post is like a normal friction post and will be more comfortable than a screw-back.

1636463770274.png

Picture of La Pousette backing from the link below describing earrings backing options:

Lynn Sterner

Rough_Rock
I don't believe the La Pousette backing type was an option. I can ask but if I have to choose between a thin screw-back or a standard screw-back, would I be making a mistake by choosing the thinner version?

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
I would make more enquires about the backing types available, you may need to pay extra to have La Pousette backing but I would personally still prefer this for comfort, convenience and security.

Screw backs can be less comfortable to wear (especially if you're sensitive) and time consuming to put on/take off. These factors would take away from the enjoyment of the earrings IMO. You may be less sensitive and have more patience than me though.

I believe a thinner screw back post will still be safer than a fraction back. Of course it is more likely to bend than a thicker post but will probably be more comfortable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results