shape
carat
color
clarity

Pickem

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

r88w

Rough_Rock
Please give me some advice on what is the better stone and what is the better value?

1. Round 1.93ct, F color, SI-1, AGS 0 cert,
62.1%D, 55%T, 34.8 deg crown angle, 40.7 deg pav angle
no culet, no fluorescence, $15.5k

2. Round 2.08ct, G color, SI-1, GIA cert
60.3%D, 57%T, 32 deg crown angle, 41.4 deg pav angle
0.7% culet, no fluorescence, $14.5k

Which stone will face up better in a White gold or platinum four prong setting?

Please help!!!!!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Tough choice, 88.

The 1.93 is liable to be a little better performer visually, while the 2.08 will look bigger.

The 1.93 is a little whiter, while the 2.08 has the "magic" of being over the 2 carat mark.

Then the 2.08 is cheaper...

Man. I don't know on this one. It's a case of where I'd have to see both stones. Usually, one will "talk to ya". Then you know.

Rich, listens to gems...
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

BigLou

Rough_Rock
I would have to agree that just on the specs it would be a tough call. I know that being over the 2C mark is a big deal but realistically those stones are big enough that most people looking at them wouldn't really be able to tell which is bigger. The color would be my biggest concern. I've found in larger stones that one can more easily pick out the stone that has color. The deciding factor is which stone speaks to you...if either of them do. I myself did not pick out a stone (and I looked at a lot of quality gems) until the stone really impressed me. I believe that the right stone will just grab you. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results