shape
carat
color
clarity

Picked out a Simon G setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Well after weeks of doing research and waiting for hubby to come back from Iraq, we finally picked out new wedding rings (both of us) and an e-ring for me.

Overall, I was disappointed that the jewelers in town had hardly any of the settings that I was interested in. The jewelers may have carried designer jewelery, but their selection was small.

I picked out 2 settings from the first jeweler - Precision Set and the Simon G setting. I liked some of the A. Jaffe rings, but they don't have matching wedding bands?!?! I loved the Verragio rings, but couldn't justify $6000 for them.

On to the second jeweler who had Scott Kay and Tacori. To put it midly, this salesperson was rude. She determined that my style wasn't Tacori, so she wouldn't show me any of their settings. At this point, I was whispering to hubby to get me out of there! At the last minute, she showed me a setting similar to D. Vatche's X-prong. I asked her how much it cost. She replied, "I don't know." UGH!!! Out the door we went.

Next was jeweler #3, who was suppose to have Scott Kay and Diana Collection. The Diana Collection consisted of one man's wedding band. I did find one Scott Kay set I liked, but he didn't have any of the Scott Kay rings I was really interested in. He certainly didn't offer to see if he could get hold of them either.

I got hubby to call back to jeweler #1 to see how much the Simon G set would cost in platinum, as the set they had in the store was 18K white gold. Surprisingly, the salesperson had already anticipated our call and had already called Simon G for the price.

It was between the Precision Set & the Simon G setting. I looked at both settings again. I realized that the Precision Set was a little boring from the side view. The price on the Simon G set certainly didn't hurt either. :)

So, here's a picture of what the final setting looks like. I never would have picked this out by just looking at it on the net. It reminds me a lot of Tacori settings. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the ring has milgrain edges, and more 18K yellow gold details on the head. Also on the head are horizontal bars w/2 diamonds between each pair of prongs. It looks almost like a little crown holding the diamond.

Only 4 - 6 weeks until I can actually wear my diamond!
heather

heat111.jpg

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Here's a picture of hubby's Christian Bauer wedding band. And he said all he wanted was a "plain platinum band." LOL

dougsring.jpg

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Here's a better pic of my diamond
SuperbCert D SI1 1.13 ct wt

goodpic1.jpg

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Setting pic disappeared!

heat009.jpg

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Nice looking set of rings.

I carried Simon G. rings when I had my store, and was always pleased with the quality of the manufacturing and workmanship. Never had a problem with them.

Karde

Rough_Rock
Can anybody recomend a place online to find Simon G rings?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! I'm sure your counting down the minutes to get that in your hot little hands!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, thats nice! I like how the prongs are set in a N-W-E-S
format. How unique. Congratulations.
appl.gif

Judy
:)

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
I too am in love with a Simon G setting! Go to www.simongjewelry.com to look at their catalogue to get the style no if necessary. Online the only place I've seen is robbins bros - www.robbinsbros.com - I am not really sure how fantastic of a place this is to buy from on line but their in store service is phenomenal and their after sale service pitch was really impressive. I'd trust them, but I'm not buying it ;o)

trixxy223

Rough_Rock
i do not know a place online to buy simon g, but I can recommend a great store that will send it to you by mail.
I bought my 2.5 diamond with a simon g setting and matching wedding band in a great jewelry store. Let me know if this interests you.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both rings are very nice...I particularly love your fiance's...love the swirls of the platinum.

Your setting definitely has that Tacori look about it...little did the rude saleslady know that you are meant for Tacori!
1.gif

Can't wait to see the pictures of the ring set...just as you can't wait to see it on your hand I bet.
1.gif

BTW I believe A Jaffe does have some matching wedding rings..my girlfriend has an A Jaffe set and hers has a matching band.
2.gif
But I'm not a big AJ fan..their prongs are usually too chunky for my taste--I like the smaller prong look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results