shape
carat
color
clarity

Picked it up today! 3-stone criss-cut diamond ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Here''s a picture of my ring - collected today after resizing. Centre stone 1.75 carat D VS1 / side stones 1.70 TCW, F VVS1, set in platinum. Criss-cut stones.
Will post some hand shots tomorrow, but my camera''s batteries just ran out!
Thanks to everyone for the much needed advice and assistance.

DR-C5896[2].JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, it''s beautiful! I am very interested to see the hand shots as this is the first criss-cut I have seen.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I like it a lot! This is the first crisis cut I''ve seen tooo. Can''t wait for the hand shots!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!! What a stunning ring!! It''s very elegant too. I can''t wait for the hand pics!!!
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! I have never seen a criss cut diamond and I am looking forward to seeing your hand shots and closeup pics.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oops sorry, somehow I posted twice.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s looks very sleek and elegant. can''t wait for the handshots..

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful.

shay

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Very elegant! I also can''t wait to see hand shots. I don''t see too many criss cuts in person.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
can''t wait for the hand shots.
Try to get some good close ups of that facet pattern.

Thanks

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Am trying hard to take hand shots of my new criss-cut ring, but can''t seem to get an "unblurry" close-up shot (even with Macro function). Does anyone know how best to photograph jewellery? Natural light vs indoors? Flash vs no-flash. Desperately wanting to share pix!! ha ha

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 10:17:12 PM
Author: lornajs
Am trying hard to take hand shots of my new criss-cut ring, but can''t seem to get an ''unblurry'' close-up shot (even with Macro function). Does anyone know how best to photograph jewellery? Natural light vs indoors? Flash vs no-flash. Desperately wanting to share pix!! ha ha
First off, WOW! It''s beautiful.

If you are using the macro setting, don''t use the flash. Outdoor lighting is best and try using a tri-pod. That might do the trick.

Can''t wait for the hand shots!!!

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the tip. Quite overcast here today, but will give it my best shot.

For those of you not familiar with the criss-cut, thought I''d share this information I came across during my "research" phase!

CRISSCUT
The step-cut Crisscut has 77 facets, some of which are crisscrossed, and comes in two shapes: rectangular or octagonal. Triangular facets are applied to the steps in the pavilion.
Rectangular Criss cuts come in calibrated sizes ranging from .05 to 3 carats and are used primarily in the manufacturing of jewelry, whereas octagonal Crisscuts, ranging in sizes from .15 to la-plus carats, are most often purchased as solitaires. The stones are cut in Israel. Emerald-cut rough is used for Crisscut, but the extra facets waste a little more rough than is used for an emerald cut. The demand for emerald-cut diamonds has caused the price of this type of rough to rise. Colors available range from D to J-L; qualities remain at, or above, S1.
MARKETS AND MARKETING
The Crisscut, which has been available since 1998, is being marketed through national consumer print ads in several magazines, including TOwn & Country, vogue, Robb Report, BridalGuide, Martha Stewart Weddings, In Style weddings, and W These consumer ads are tagged to regional retailers.
Criss cuts, loose and set, are being sold to mid- to guild-level jewelers and retail designers. Most Crisscut jewelry sales are in the bridal category, but the company also manufactures a wide array of fashion jewelry. Christopher Designs'' manufacturing processes include technological patents for invisibly set diamond jewelry and machineset, closed-end channel bands.
PRICING AND SUPPLY
The prices for Crisscut solitaires are discounted 20 to 25 percent off the Rapaport Diamond Report pear sheet pricing. According to the company, the cut costs only 10 percent more than traditional emerald or baguette cuts.
WHAT BUYERS SHOULD LOOK FOR
Look for diamonds with superior brilliance to conventional baguettes and emerald cuts. The Criss cut diamond is much more forgiving in SI qualities and faces two to three grades whiter than its counterparts.

baubles

Rough_Rock
Ohhh...so lovely and elegant. Can''t wait to see that beauty on your hand. Congrats!

lornajs

Rough_Rock
OK - here are the pictures! (not the best, but certainly the best I can take with my little digital camera). I think you can get a reasonable idea of the criss-cut cut from these pics, though i didn''t manage to get a ''money shot'' that captured the detail of the cut (sorry about that!).

DSC02587.JPG

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Another hand shot.

DSC02589.JPG

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Here''s a closer shot.

crisscut ring.JPG

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Last pic!

DSC02593.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2006 4:11:05 AM
Author: lornajs
Last pic!

Thanks for the pics! I had heard of the criss cut but had never seen one, I like VERY MUCH!
36.gif
36.gif
Your ring is beautiful - enjoy!

lornajs

Rough_Rock
It''s a lovely cut - very, very sparkly sparkly shiny shiny!

Just a pity my hands aren''t as pretty as the ring! ha ha ha

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your hands look great and I love the dainty little prongs on the ring - all you see is DIAMOND
30.gif
3.gif

lornajs

Rough_Rock
That was definitely one of the attractions - the fine prongs. Like you say, it''s all sparkly diamonds (with minimal hardware). So lovely ... (as she dreamily admires ring for the 1 millionth time today ....)
emwink.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha, a million times ALREADY???????? I don''t blame you, I know I would be tripping over everwhere if I had that gloriousness on MY finger..hehehe.....

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love your ring! The diamond looks so unique. It looks great paired with the plain wedding band. Nothing to clash with those stones - just beautiful polished platinum. Great look!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!!
30.gif
I have seen the crisscut advertised in magazines, but it''s nice to see one in a *real* picture, not a professional shot. I hope I see one in person someday. It looks so unique.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and so unique!! Congratulations!!
9.gif
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pictures make these diamonds looks allot more appealing than the professional shots!

Congratulations for the great ring
1.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
Oh, My Goodness!!!!
30.gif

What a gorgeous, elegant ring! You must be SO thrilled!

Congratulations
widget

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!! Amazing ring. I love those handshots. MORE PICS PLEASE!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your pictures turned out great and those diamonds are so pretty and unique. Lovely ring! Also thanks for posting the info on the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results