shape
carat
color
clarity

Pick a malaia garnet

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello beloved PSers, I am in the market looking for a malaia garnet. I found two beautiful ones. I’m having a hard time choose which one to acquire. They are basically the same carat weight (a bit over 5ct), clarity, and cut. The pinker one is a bit more expansive as I was told that the pastel color is more feminine and sought-after. More videos will be uploaded in YouTube. 1FCC48B8-D2BE-4142-813D-731BD2120A79.jpeg C6DBA26D-6FE1-4ACF-87B0-E84D11FA50F8.jpeg What do you think? B647792D-57DA-4163-BD5F-C543CADE9E03.jpeg

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly the videos are set to "private". Try editing them to be marked as "hidden" and that way anyone with the link can view them, but they aren't available for general people on youtube.

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Sadly the videos are set to "private". Try editing them to be marked as "hidden" and that way anyone with the link can view them, but they aren't available for general people on youtube.

Oppsie...I just changed to "Public" and published! Let me know if you can see them now! Thanks!

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
More videos of these babies in the sun!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sun videos solidify my preference even more.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tough one, as I prefer the lighter one of the two until I saw the the sun video!

DK :))

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, I like the one that faces up a bit smaller. It doesn't go dead as much as the other. Interesting you were told the more pink the more desirable. I always thought the more peachy pinks were the trade ideal for malaia. I have a raspberry colored one and a fleshy-pink-lilac one.

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I agree, I like the one that faces up a bit smaller. It doesn't go dead as much as the other. Interesting you were told the more pink the more desirable. I always thought the more peachy pinks were the trade ideal for malaia. I have a raspberry colored one and a fleshy-pink-lilac one.

Which one looks more peachy to you? Thanks.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the the more pinkish orange(the slightly smaller) of the two.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I like the one with a more saturated color too!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The richer coloured has some orange.
The lighter one is a purer pink, but colour is "weak".

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
The slightly darker one with an orange modifier is the one I'd go for.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh! I love the smaller one! Beautiful color. :kiss2:

I would ignore the "this is more expensive b/c the color is more popular" and go with with color speaks to you! They each have their own look. Do you have a setting or metal type in mind for this stone? Maybe that will help you with your decision?

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I would ignore the "this is more expensive b/c the color is more popular" and go with with color speaks to you! They each have their own look. Do you have a setting or metal type in mind for this stone? Maybe that will help you with your decision?

I do not know how I want to set it yet...Not sure if I want it to be a ring or a necklace. Open for inspirations! 8-)

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It sounds like you are leaning one way, and you know which way that it is. This is why I don't get opinions unless I think a stone has an issue. I don't want to be swayed. I just bought a huge tanzanite because when I saw it my reaction was "Whoa!" Some would call me crazy, but I buy what sings to me. So....which one sings to you?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you prefer the lighter pink color, which is totally fine! I disagree that somehow it's inherently "Better"--the colors are just different and people will differ in which one they prefer and why.

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It sounds like you are leaning one way, and you know which way that it is. This is why I don't get opinions unless I think a stone has an issue. I don't want to be swayed. I just bought a huge tanzanite because when I saw it my reaction was "Whoa!" Some would call me crazy, but I buy what sings to me. So....which one sings to you?

I myself leaning toward the reddish one too. I think it has a more unique color. The color of the pink one can be found easily in spinel, tourmaline, and pad sapphire...However, this is the first time I actually seeing these garnets in person, and they are hard to come by. The pink one has a bit more light profile probably because it has a lighter tone so it reflects other colors more. The reddish one is more saturate in color, so its color performs more consistently through different lighting environments.

I myself leaning toward the reddish one too. I think it has a more unique color. The color of the pink one can be found easily in spinel, tourmaline, and pad sapphire...However, this is the first time I actually seeing these garnets in person, and they are hard to come by. The pink one has a bit more light profile probably because it has a lighter tone so it reflects other colors more. The reddish one is more saturate in color, so its color performs more consistently through different lighting environments.

Ay, the FOMO (fear of missing out) is real. But like you said, the lighter pink is an easier to find color. And it's great that the more reddish one doesn't black out in certain lighting that a lot of garnets do. I think you know what you really want here

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I cant decide which one I like better to give you a vote, since in one video I’ll like one and in the next video I’ll like the other :D. They’re both beautiful!
If you haven’t already, try to spend time with each stone by itself, to see which one sings to you when it’s alone. It’s nice to have them side by side to compare, but you might see things differently when they are seen as individual stones.

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Do you think these two garnets are in good cut? Is the bigger facets assembling more an antique cushion cut preferred?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Am in the minority but I like the lighter pink better as I think it flatters your skin in this photo. But go with whichever stone you love more and you can’t go wrong =)2

9C7A0519-8EEA-4395-9653-BDB5F7542D79.jpeg

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
I like the darker pink which is just a personal preference. You have nice hands. And I may need to own a Malaia garnet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results