shape
carat
color
clarity

Pick A Diamond -- Thanks Guys

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Zeppelin

Rough_Rock
Should I care about AGS vs. GIA? Should I care about the good/very good polish & symmetry on the GIA stone?

My instincts tell me "no."
Both are HCA 1.1. I like color/clarity on both. Both are Expert Selection. Just looking for some feedback on the above differences.

I know there are threads on topics like this, but I want my own gosh darnit ;-) I''m not even sure either of these are in my range, but I was curious if people think there are any real differences between these stones worth talking about...

Thanks guys :)

Pick a stone:

a) $4850: http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-6747106

b) $5500: http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-14741380

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pick would be number two, they are both lovely diamonds but I would prefer the lower clarity and the Idealscope image, plus it isn't as deep as number 1- but I don't think you could go wrong with either. I am told that good and above polish and symmetry will look the same to the untrained eye, according to an expert friend, but opinions may vary on this. The girdle on #1 is a little thicker, but shouldn't be a problem.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
They both look like nice stones, but I prefer the second one. It is more expensive, but its also bigger. The idealscope image looks great. The first one is a little deeper.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t believe that G/VS was discounted for missing the 1 crat mark by 0.01%!
23.gif

Maybe they can add a 1 point diamond in the parcel when you receive it, just for good fun.

Btw: if you look for comparable stones, the one point made the price different between VS2 and Si1 - crazy world!

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Sometimes the superficiality of the "magic number" syndrome *is* really overwhelming...

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Definately #2
I like the clarity, I like the idealscope, I like the girdle a lot more, I like the spread... #2

Zeppelin

Rough_Rock
thanks for the opinions guys...i guess the whole gia thing or polish/symmetry things isn''t that big of a deal

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow, get that one quick or someone else will. There are lots of people out there looking for an almost-one-carat G VS and not a lot of them around.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results