shape
carat
color
clarity

Phrasing help on invite...please??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
Since you''ve been so helpful in the past, I thought I would call on your expertise again...

Here''s the deal. FI and I are getting married at a cultural center that has a beautiful musem/gallery. We have decided to pay an extra fee so that, prior to our ceremony, our guests will be able to have a private viewing of the exhibits. We are going to have an insert with the invitation letting people know... Question is, how do I word it so that people realize that they have the option to join us, but that it''s not an official part of the day??

I was going to write:

Please join us prior to the ceremony
for a private viewing of the

_____ Gallery and Exhibition

5:30 PM

Wedding Ceremony at 6:30 PM
_____ Courtyard
Reception immediately Following
______ Ballroom

Problem is, FI thinks that people may feel like they are obligated to come...
He suggested something like, "Please fee free to join us...", but I''m worried this is a little informal...
What do you guys think???
THanks! :)

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm...I am a LIW...so I have a lot of free time on my hands and decided to take a shot at this...
I came up with a few...

1) Prior to our marital ceremony, we welcome our guests to attend an optional private viewing of the _______ gallery and exhibits.

2) Prior to our marital ceremony, we would like to invite our guests the option to take in the beautiful sights of the ________ gallery and exhibition during a private viewing.

3) A private viewing of the beautiful ______ gallery and exhibits is available to our guests prior to our marriage ceremony.

4) We would like to offer our guests the option to privately view the extraordinary sights of the ______ gallery and exhibition prior to our marital ceremony.

That's all I got...

1.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
whoops!

Number 2 should actually say

2) Prior to our marital ceremony, we would like to extend our guests the option to take in the beautiful sights of the ________ gallery and exhibition during a private viewing.

3.gif

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
I think any of those choices are good. Nice job Bronnie!

I think also that by virtue of including a separate, stand alone card in the wedding invitation envelope, you will convey to your guests that this aspect of the day is NOT part of your actual wedding.

Other thoughts: maybe this information doesn''t belong with the invitation itself? Not sure. But what about including it in the STDs, or wedding website? How about on a schedule of events inserted into welcome bags at the hotels?

Just a few more ideas for you to consider. It''s a nice touch for your guests!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results