shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshop help for LOGR setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hey all! I have a beautiful bicolor ametrine, about 12x8 in dimensions, that I''m looking to set in a ring (north/south orientation). I''ve also been eyeing the LOGR settings that everyone around here loves, and I found one that would look really nice. I just need some help visualizing it before I buy.

Can anyone photoshop my stone (pic to follow) in this setting?

Also, I''m debating on which color gold to use for this stone. I love rose gold, have very few pieces in it, and think it might look nice with the yellow and purple tones of the ametrine. What do you all think? Rose, white, or yellow gold?

jstar-022a.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
And here''s the stone...

jstar-P1010382-small.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lvoe the setting and the stone. I''d either go with rose or white gold. Thanks for posting that particular picture of the setting. I''ve seen LOGR mentioned around here a lot but I had no idea what it stood for. Now I know!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t photoshop but I''ve managed a crude mock up for you. Hope this helps.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would look beautiful in yellow gold because of the gold color in the stone. White gold would be my next pick and
I think rose gold would be my last choice. Just seems like the colors may clash with the rose gold.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/25/2009 7:52:10 PM
Author: tyty333
I think it would look beautiful in yellow gold because of the gold color in the stone. White gold would be my next pick and

I think rose gold would be my last choice. Just seems like the colors may clash with the rose gold.

Ditto everything, as much as I love RG I don''t think it would do that stone justice. Love the stone!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I still like the idea of rose gold, but I''m also concerned that it would clash with my stone, as some of you have suggested. I''m thinking yellow would be pretty nice, but I''m worried that it wouldn''t provide enough contrast with the yellow in the stone. On the other hand, I have a nice looking lemony yellow citrine set in a white gold pendant...maybe I should just go with white?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Also, what do you all think of the first setting compared to this one? Just found it tonight.

jstar-2cee_1.JPG

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some visuals for you, I''ll have to do them in several posts... I hope they help.
2.gif

stone-jstar-022a.jpg

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yellow gold

yg-jstar-022a.jpg

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Rose gold

rg-jstar-022a.jpg

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
And lastly in the split shank setting, in white gold (I didn''t do it in the other gold colors). I think this is my favorite of the bunch.
30.gif
Good luck deciding!

stone-jstar-2cee_1.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the stone in the WG split shank setting. Second choice is the WG stand alone halo.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would chose the split shank mounting in yellow gold for an ametrine.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always seem to like the cut corner halos so I vote for the split shank. Hey, we need a gold picture that is more gold than
green...can anyone do that?

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
I''m voting for the split shank. That would be gorgeous...

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 11:13:43 AM
Author: tyty333
I always seem to like the cut corner halos so I vote for the split shank. Hey, we need a gold picture that is more gold than
green...can anyone do that?
The color overlay is a little tricky as you''re only able to sample a small spot of color. As gold hues vary because of the lighting, they''re tough to accurately represent on a re-color job. How about this one?

yg2-jstar-022a.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Ametrine, preeeety. I would go with the split shank for it, in WG. it just seems to "pop" more to me.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 9:06:45 AM
Author: girlie-girl
And lastly in the split shank setting, in white gold (I didn''t do it in the other gold colors). I think this is my favorite of the bunch.
30.gif
Good luck deciding!
a vote for the split... though I''m torn between wg and yellow gold... but what gold color looks good on your skin tone?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone
30.gif

The split shank is my favorite~

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thanks for all the replies! Girlie-girl, you''re a photoshop genius! Between my dress and this, you''ve helped me out sooo much.

I think I''m going with the split shank, probably in WG. The split shank looks a lot more delicate to me than the first one, and it just seems to complement the stone better. As for the color, I tend to wear a lot more WG than YG, and I could also wear it with my beautiful citrine pendant, which is set in WG. The other think about the split shank is that the metal seems less visible in that setting, so it doesn''t quite matter as much which I choose.

Thanks again for all your opinions and the compliments on my stone! I''ll be sure to post pics of the final product.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Also, for those of you who have bought LOGR settings, how do you get the customization done? Do you just Buy-It-Now and then give them instructions on how to customize it? I would need my ring customized for a 12x8 mm stone rather than a 5x7. I''m assuming sizing and color of gold would be specified after BIN normally.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:19:01 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Wow, thanks for all the replies! Girlie-girl, you''re a photoshop genius! Between my dress and this, you''ve helped me out sooo much.

I think I''m going with the split shank, probably in WG. The split shank looks a lot more delicate to me than the first one, and it just seems to complement the stone better. As for the color, I tend to wear a lot more WG than YG, and I could also wear it with my beautiful citrine pendant, which is set in WG. The other think about the split shank is that the metal seems less visible in that setting, so it doesn''t quite matter as much which I choose.

Thanks again for all your opinions and the compliments on my stone! I''ll be sure to post pics of the final product.
curtsey.gif
Thank you for the compliment jstar, I''m happy to have been able to help again.

I can''t wait to see the real thing, I think it''s going to be gorgeous!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i bought from them before, they usually say that it cost $5 or $10 (was not that much more) to change the gold to whatever gold you want, you buy it now, but you specify what you want done, and then he sends you an invoice with the actual cost. or you could send him ask the seller question first, and agree that way, but when you check out, I would make sure you put your notations on what was discussed. the last two pieces I bought from him,,,were shipped from China. even though he says it is express mail, usually not next day, since it comes from overseas. but I thought his diamonds were very nice quality. Good prices too... I was able to return one of my customize ring, less about $45 ish.. somewhere around there... Good luck, hope that somewhat helps.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen that thread, and I LOVE Lauren''s rings!
30.gif

D&T - thanks for the help! I did ask a question but haven''t heard from LOGR yet. Normally that might be a cause for concern, but because of all the positive feedback from here, I''m not worried. I''d just like to make sure it can be customized for the right size of stone before I go ordering stuff. They say "can be made for any size stone" but then they also say "make sure your stone is of the right dimensions," so it''s a little confusing.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when i email him at night, i usually get a response the next morning, but once happened a day after. he''ll respond. i''m excited to see your project!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 10:30:12 PM
Author: dannyandterry
i bought from them before, they usually say that it cost $5 or $10 (was not that much more) to change the gold to whatever gold you want, you buy it now, but you specify what you want done, and then he sends you an invoice with the actual cost. or you could send him ask the seller question first, and agree that way, but when you check out, I would make sure you put your notations on what was discussed. the last two pieces I bought from him,,,were shipped from China. even though he says it is express mail, usually not next day, since it comes from overseas. but I thought his diamonds were very nice quality. Good prices too... I was able to return one of my customize ring, less about $45 ish.. somewhere around there... Good luck, hope that somewhat helps.
Really?? He doesn''t charge me a thing for changing gold color. He will charge extra for two tone though (ie: a yellow gold head and a white shank).

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
.....ooops, yes, he doesn''t charge for change of gold color(so long you stay within the same karat, but he did charge for sizing (if you buy the stock size he has up for sale) then no extra fee, but he did charge me, I know it was no more than $10, but its been a few months since I bought anything from him.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Hands down - WG Split Shank! GORGEOUS!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results