shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of a RB with Strong Blue Fluorescence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
When I was considering purchasing this diamond that is an I color, I1 clarity, AGS 000 cut, with strong blue fluorescence, I searched for photos on the web of RB''s with strong blue fluorescence and found only a few.

So I thought I''d post some photos I took of my diamond in full sunlight to help others considering a purchase of a diamond with strong blue fluorescence. There are a lot of myths out there about what fluorescence does/does not do for a stone.

I took some photos from normal viewing distance, some close-up photos, and some profile photos. The amount of fluorescence visible to a viewer varies, with the face-up view being the most dramatic and the side views showing just a hint of blue color.

Indoors, the stone shows no blue color, though I have noticed that under fluorescent office lighting, the stone appears very white -- I''m not sure if this is due to the SB fluorescence or not.

CIMG1190.JPG

Lula

Ideal_Rock
2 of 6

CIMG1194.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sara, thats very helpful! Mind if I add this thread and the photos to the helpful threads archive?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He,he! I love this ring and the diamond''s fluorescence
30.gif
It''s always a pleasure to see this beauty
5.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
That would be great, Lorelei, thanks!

I''ve got a few more photos to add, but PS is giving me trouble...

3 of 6

CIMGB.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
4 of 6

CIMGA.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
5 of 6..

CIMGC.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
6 of 6...I''m not sure what''s going on here. I have noticed some interesting "fire-fluoro" light coming out of this stone that is much different from my previous diamonds that had no fluorescence.

This is definitely an interesting quality in a stone!

CIMD.jpg

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I want to know when Sara is going to start giving photography lessons (sign me up)
10.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the blue look in the sun! I just bought a .46 J with strong flor but its not mounted so I dont want to take
it outside. Cant wait to see what it does in the sun!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring, and the flouro fire is really cool!!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 4:41:47 PM
Author: Todd Gray
I want to know when Sara is going to start giving photography lessons (sign me up)
10.gif

LOL, Todd! It's pretty easy to get photos like this with a digital camera (these were taken on an inexpensive Casio exilim using the 4 mm setting, "flower shot" with no flash). The hardest part is keeping the camera and the ring still to minimize blurring

tyty -- please post some photos of your new stone when you get it. I would have loved to have seen more photos of diamonds with fluoro when I was considering this stone. Wink went outside with the stone and looked at it while I was on the phone with him, and said, "Yup, it's blue. But not overblue." And, yup, it's blue.
30.gif

There are so many myths out there about fluoro. The jewelers in my small city who have seen this diamond are always surprised to hear that it has SB fluoro. They don't stock them (so they say).

stci

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 4:41:47 PM
Author: Todd Gray
10.gif
Count me in for lessons! Pics are fantastic! Thank you to share Sara!
36.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh thank you for sharing these! Very helpful to visualise what it actually looks like IRL!!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Oh I LOVE it! It looks like a yummy natural blue! I love fluoro!
18.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
It looks exotic. I love it.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone, for your comments, and for checking out my thread. I''m glad this is helpful.

When I get some time, I''ll take some additional photos of this stone in diffused lighting, fluorescent lighting, in shade, under CFL''s
14.gif
, etc., to show you what a diamond with SB fluoro does under various lighting conditions. Hint: It''s not blue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results