shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of 2 ct. Asschers on 4.5 ring size please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

urchin4

Rough_Rock
Hello! This is my first post after becoming obsessed with people''s stories on this site! So, I''m a newbie. This post has everything to do with the fact that I make it impossible for people to surprise me. This also works the other way around as I get too excited when trying to surprise anyone else and usually end up telling and ruining the surprise. Having said all of this, I suspect my boyfriend is designing my E-Ring and has chosen a 2.04 Asscher with a possible halo.
Would anyone mind posting photos of what this might look like in real life thus perpetuating my disgusting desire to not be surprised!!!!
I blame my sister for opening the trunk of my mothers car when we were little, showing me my Christmas presents really weren''t from Santa.

THANKS!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see no one''s responded. I''m just chiming in to say I wear size 4 and 2 carats is going to look very big and beautiful and classy - if it were I (and it''s NOT) - I would not halo a 2 ctw on a size 4.5.
Just my 2 cents.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, a 2 carat asscher will look smaller than a 2 carat round so If you love halo''s I don''t see anything over the top haloing a 2 carat asscher on a 4.5 ring size. it will however be attention grabbing with the halo which can be a good thing if it''s your style.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
a 2.04 is going to be a really good size for you depending on the depth of the stone and how big it faces up. A 2ct should be around the 7mm L to W ratio and I''ve recently tried on a 2.06 and I wear a size 6 and it was gorgeous. It''ll be great! and if he does a halo... all the better for finger coverage! post pictures!!!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Motown, the 2 cts will look gorgeous on your small little finger. I have a 2.71 ct asscher and my finger is a size 6 and I think it looks divine! Halo it if you adore the look, but don''t do it purely for coverage. The stone will look stunning and sizable on your finger. I love asschers with baguettes, traps, smaller asschers or emerald cuts for suggestions.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi there, I wear a size 5, and this pic is with a 2.25 ct asscher, so maybe it''s about the same ratio - the stone was 7.1 x 7.1:

IMG_0708ash3jjc.JPG

MMT

Ideal_Rock
How exciting, please post pictures when you get it.
35.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find vespergirl''s picture irresistable! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That''s the look I would go for, if I were in your shoes (which I am not).

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 4:42:02 PM
Author: vespergirl
Hi there, I wear a size 5, and this pic is with a 2.25 ct asscher, so maybe it''s about the same ratio - the stone was 7.1 x 7.1:

Wow Vespergirl. Not to threadjack, but just wanted to say I love your rings- and that asscher is to die for
30.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 9:46:37 PM
Author:charlesjade
Hello! This is my first post after becoming obsessed with people''s stories on this site! So, I''m a newbie. This post has everything to do with the fact that I make it impossible for people to surprise me. This also works the other way around as I get too excited when trying to surprise anyone else and usually end up telling and ruining the surprise. Having said all of this, I suspect my boyfriend is designing my E-Ring and has chosen a 2.04 Asscher with a possible halo.

Would anyone mind posting photos of what this might look like in real life thus perpetuating my disgusting desire to not be surprised!!!!

I blame my sister for opening the trunk of my mothers car when we were little, showing me my Christmas presents really weren''t from Santa.

THANKS!

Charlesjade! Congrats on your impending engagement and what''s going to be a gorgeous e-ring!
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any pictures, but I have a 4.25 sized hand and I tried on a 2 carat asscher one time that looked awesome on my hand!! It was a great size that was large without being overly large.

June4

Rough_Rock
Hello to all who responded! I am actually the person who posted the question wanting photos of 2 ct. Asscher on a 4.5 ring size. Long story short, I had to change my username....
Thank you to all who replied. This is so fun! I am patiently awaiting the official proposal so when it does happen, I will definitely post photos. I already have my dress, so the official proposal would be nice, right?
I was a little concerned about the size of the diamond being a little freakish on my skinny but long fingers but all of your comments have made me feel like I won''t look like Liberace afterall!

Thanks so much! I love seeing all of your pics!

30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 4:51:53 PM
Author: June4

Hello to all who responded! I am actually the person who posted the question wanting photos of 2 ct. Asscher on a 4.5 ring size. Long story short, I had to change my username....
Thank you to all who replied. This is so fun! I am patiently awaiting the official proposal so when it does happen, I will definitely post photos. I already have my dress, so the official proposal would be nice, right?
I was a little concerned about the size of the diamond being a little freakish on my skinny but long fingers but all of your comments have made me feel like I won''t look like Liberace afterall!

Thanks so much! I love seeing all of your pics!

30.gif
I''m sure after hanging around PS, you''ve heard of DSS, or Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome.
2.gif

At first, the 2 ct. Asscher will seem HUGE to you, but eventually, you''ll grow into the size and it wil l feel comfortable. halo or no! We just want to see pics when he proposes!

June4

Rough_Rock
I wanted to share with you all photos of my engagement ring (far more than I ever could''ve hoped for). I wanted to share it with those of you who offered your opinions and even those that didn''t! I really love it and I hope you will too! Thanks for taking the time to offer your words of advice and wisdom! It seems as though my sweet sweet boyfriend changed his mind and chose a radiant. I couldn''t love it more!

HLDRing.jpg

June4

Rough_Rock
I wanted to include an image of all the beautiful filigree/etching. I feel like it is a little piece of art on my finger!!

HLDRing2.jpg

June4

Rough_Rock
....and another

HLDRing4.jpg

June4

Rough_Rock
I think it could be helpful to others if I provided a little information on the ring. I have a 4.5 ring size. The diamond is a 2.03CT Radiant and there is around 1 CT of tiny rounds in the pave setting total. I love vintage inspired jewelry so the entire setting is finished with the beaded edges (mill-grain) and the band has hand etching on each side.
I was hoping someone might be able to offer me a suggestion as to what I can do to remedy the constant twirling around on my finger. If I size down, I will have trouble in the summer getting over my knuckle and onto my finger. I am aware of the little balls I can have put inside the band but I''ve had those before and they didn''t work very well. I recently purchased some tacky putty, rolled it into a little ball and put it under my band! My finace thinks it is ridiculous that I have had to "rig" my ring but I don''t want to risk damaging it with the constant flopping around on my finger.

Thanks again!

HLDRing3.jpg

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!!
30.gif
Congrats! Stats please!
36.gif

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
sorry..I guess you were posting when I was commenting. again, so beautiful!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 9:59:28 PM
Author: June4
I wanted to share with you all photos of my engagement ring (far more than I ever could''ve hoped for). I wanted to share it with those of you who offered your opinions and even those that didn''t! I really love it and I hope you will too! Thanks for taking the time to offer your words of advice and wisdom! It seems as though my sweet sweet boyfriend changed his mind and chose a radiant. I couldn''t love it more!
Thats one stunning ring!! Congrats!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, congrats! I just love it - radiants are so beautiful. Just so you know, I traded the asscher I posted in the photo for a round brilliant, because in the end I wanted something more sparkly than a step-cut. So, I think that your fi made a good choice going with the radiant instead - you will love all the sparkle!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Congrats on your engagement!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one beautiful ring!! It definitely deserves it''s own thread so that everyone will see it!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Ditto kcoursolle, it needs its own thread!!!!!

June4

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the kind words! We are both very excited! I''m afraid I''m a bit of a novice on PS so I''m not sure what you mean when you say my ring needs it''s own thread??!!

June4

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the congrats!!!! Unfortunately, I do not have the "stats" but I will definitely post as soon as I have the information. Thanks again!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I think what the above posters mean by "its own thread" is that you should start a new topic in the Show Me The Ring Forum (i.e. right here) that is all about showing off your gorgeous rock! It''s got to have tons of pics!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats it is beautiful :), as for the spinning some people have used horseshoe sizers (a little insert thingy that slips into your ring) so that might help :D.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!!! I love all of the antique-y detail!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! Congraulations on your engagement and such a lovely ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results