shape
carat
color
clarity

Photograher woes :( mini vent

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
We're around 11 months out til' our wedding and are starting to wrangle vendors. We have our location (which includes food, bar, rentals, etc), and we just booked our DJ last week (we're working on the contract now). Next up was the photographer. We had interviewed a very nice woman via Skype on Friday morning and asked her for a link to more of her work. I had a really good feeling about her. She didn't get back to us with the links until Sunday because she was doing a wedding - no worries. We saw her work and thought- she's be ok and we liked her personality. I wasn't ready to commit yet, though. I didn't have any serious concerns, I just wasn't ready to give the big YES. I told the FH to email her this morning to book her- the price was right, she was nice, and her work was good. She emailed us back saying she had just been booked this weekend. UGH!! We, VERY STUPIDLY, emailed all of the other photographers to tell them we were no longer interested and now we need to go back over our noted and see if there was someone we liked but somewhat over our budget.

I guess I'm really stressed because this is the first small hurdle in wedding planning so far (minus the parents), the FH goes on a project next week for 3 weeks which means no wedding planning for at least 3 weeks (maybe longer), and I'm just really stressed thinking that we're going to keep needing to raise our budget for photographers if they all keep getting booked.

Nothing major, just annoyed, disappointed, and feeling a little stressed about the budget/timeline/overall wedding to-do's. :(

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry you're having some trouble with the photographer. I hear ya on the whole budget issue. Just remember to stay calm, you still have time. Everything will work out! Even if you have to go over the photography budget I think that's an important enough aspect that you can still feel good about how much you spend. *~*~*~DUST~*~*~*

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
You have 11 months, you'll be fine!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
OUpeargirl|1309900629|2962226 said:
Thanks ladies!! I know the above is true- I just needed to mini-vent. I've heard stories of women getting super emotional and stressed over the little things and I said, as I'm sure many have before me, that it would never happen to me. But yesterday was so strange. It really threw me for a loop. But no worries- we're already moving forward with 2 people, one who we had declined via email due to the budget. Hopefully one of them is the right one for us. Crossing fingers!!! ;-)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
confusedaisy|1309965804|2962791 said:
OUpeargirl|1309900629|2962226 said:
Thanks ladies!! I know the above is true- I just needed to mini-vent. I've heard stories of women getting super emotional and stressed over the little things and I said, as I'm sure many have before me, that it would never happen to me. But yesterday was so strange. It really threw me for a loop. But no worries- we're already moving forward with 2 people, one who we had declined via email due to the budget. Hopefully one of them is the right one for us. Crossing fingers!!! ;-)

Fingers are crossed! I hope something works out soon, for your sanity's sake! :lol:

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
You'll find one! We had an expensive photographer. I think it was worth it in the long run.

Just because your FI is away for 3 weeks does not mean planning has to come to a halt. Push on girl! Get some little details done. You can do things without him.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
hoofbeats95|1310130937|2964582 said:
You'll find one! We had an expensive photographer. I think it was worth it in the long run.

Just because your FI is away for 3 weeks does not mean planning has to come to a halt. Push on girl! Get some little details done. You can do things without him.
Definitely!! I plan to get the florist, hotels, and transportation out of the way while he's working but things like the photographer and the officiant he definitely wants a say in. I'm doing much better than I was Tuesday. The FH was so sweet. When I got home that night he had about 6 new photographers information for me to review- he's so good that way.
We re-visited a few of the ones who were a bit above our range and are speaking to one tonight. There's another who I'm trying to speak with but she seems to be a little flaky on email. I just had a mini-freakout moment. I know it's not a big deal and just a minor set back but it felt so important to me in that moment. Thanks for being so supportive and non-judgemental!!! :loopy:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results