shape
carat
color
clarity

Photo! Ring! Aaack!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
lookatitlookatitlookatitlookatitlookatit.

Keep it, yes? Yes.

Now to wait for the question...

19.gif

darkeyesring1.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
IlookedIlookedIlooked, IlikeIlikeIlike!! lol. No more pics/stats/ ANYTHING??!
7.gif

ETA: read your other post, and YES I would keep it, especially if you like it better! When you tried it on your pinky (how can he torture you like that?!!) did it seem high? IMHumbleO, I like it better than the other but the differences aren't glaringly obvious (again, IMHumbleO!).

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
He gave me five pictures to choose from to post, let me post one, and insisted that I delete the rest. Those were his terms and his method for moderating my...um...obsession. He calls it my "precious." Heh.

Specs, from memory:

0.94 Cushion Brilliant (hooray for ERD)
H/VS1/ex/ex/ex
I forget the table and angles and whatnot, but they''re up to Mark''s specs, so they''re up to mine.
LtoW ratio 1.14
Platinum setting with pave, milgrain, and surprise diamonds underneath

I promise there will be more pictures after the proposal.
36.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited for you!! (I love cushions too!) BTW, love yer avatar!

ETA: and he made you delete the pics so you couldn't obsess over them?! LMAO. You guys sound too cute!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, yours is awesome as well! I didn''t think it felt too high on my pinky; I''ll just have to be a little more careful with my clumsy hands. Shouldn''t be too hard, what with the constant staring I''ll be doing at my hand.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 11:45:58 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 7/3/2007 11:15:27 PM

Author:darkeyesredshoes

lookatitlookatitlookatitlookatitlookatit.

Keep it, yes? Yes.

Now to wait for the question...

19.gif

ROFL. Its gorgeous.. you''re silly. lol
9.gif

Thanks, SDL. The only reason I wouldn''t is that it''s not the setting we picked out. Not sure where the mixup originated, but I''m trying to convince him that this setting is better than the one we chose. I sure like it...

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 11:36:58 PM
Author: darkeyesredshoes
Thanks, yours is awesome as well! I didn''t think it felt too high on my pinky; I''ll just have to be a little more careful with my clumsy hands. Shouldn''t be too hard, what with the constant staring I''ll be doing at my hand.
Yes, instead you''ll have to watch out for your clumsy feet, as they tend to be when you aren''t looking where you are walking!
9.gif

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/4/2007 12:07:39 AM
Author: blingergrrrl
Date: 7/3/2007 11:36:58 PM

Author: darkeyesredshoes

Yes, instead you''ll have to watch out for your clumsy feet, as they tend to be when you aren''t looking where you are walking!
9.gif

Ha! There goes my master plan. I''ll just have to make him carry me around on his back all the time. Not such a bad idea, considering the fact that he''s the one with the sense of direction. Onward, Christopher!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Consider me formally introduced! Thanks for keeping me up on my LIW protocol. Maybe I''ll post a picture of us if he doesn''t mind and I can find one I like...Oh, and happy belated Canada Day!
35.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
<-------------Is jealous.

It''s gorgeous! YI YI YI I can''t wait to get my cushion!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!! He''s such a tease-he made you delete the other 4 pics? Did you not tell him how much the priscope ladies love pics!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful from what I can see.
4.gif
*Need* profile and hand shots though
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments! Now all I need is for him to stop taking pictures of it and propose already.
26.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
wow...he is teasing you with that ring so bad...i think i''d strangle him
27.gif
. its gotta be SOON. its not right to tease you and all of us who are waiting for pics this way..lol
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Can''t wait to see more pics of that gorgeous cushion!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Yes, yes, yes! Keep it, keep it, keep it! You are too cute, DERS! Keep us posted and get your man to let you have the pictures back! We wanna see!
emwink.gif

Harleigh

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh red shoes...it is a beauty! I can understand how hard it is for you and waiting. I almost wish you hadn''t seen it. It is like having a rich decadent chocolate cake...and all within reach...but told not to touch. Arrrggghhh the madness!

He is a stinker. But worth it I am sure!

Can''t wait for hand shots...when do we get them?

DKS

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
All the compliments almost make it easy to wait! Almost. Thank you!
36.gif

I may have convinced him to propose by the end of the month through a combination of badgering and peerless logic (my parents are coming up to Boston to help us get ready for our big NYC move at the end of the month, wouldn''t it be wonderful to be able to share our engagement with both of our families?), but there''s no way of being sure. He''s inscrutable. Of course I know that I should just be patient and let him have his big surprise. We just had all this momentum through the planning and preparation and waiting together for delivery, so now I just feel stalled. That''s the hard part.

More than anything, I hope he doesn''t wait until after our move to New York. It''s hard enough to say goodbye to our friends and family here in Boston, so it would be really sweet to be able to celebrate with them here before we go. In NYC, we''re going to have exactly enough friends to fit into our tiny apartment. That will change in time, but I''d love to leave Boston with a real bang!

I thought it would be better after I bought him his engagement present because I''d be able to lord it over him. Yeah, now I''m just twice as anxious because I want to give him HIS present, too!
29.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
"Yeah, now I''m just twice as anxious because I want to give him HIS present, too!"

If that present is the right size...I would box it wrap it and put it right in his way everyday. When he walks through the door he will have to walk around it. When he reaches for his clothes it would be in the closet. I would keep the remote control on the box, and put it in the shower before he takes his shower, put in it in front of the refrigerator...just keep moving that thing all over!.

Make him hate that box. Oh, it doens''t have to be the GIFT...just a heavy cumbersome annoying thing he has to deal with everyday until he is ready to exchange the loot!

That would be my game plan!
31.gif

DKS

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
You just cracked me up! I love it! I''ve already been pestering him..."What if it dies before you propose? How am I going to move it to PA and NYC; it was so hard just getting it into the house?" and I''ve piqued his curiosity. Your plan is a whole new level of awesome, though. Fantastic.

I think the proposal has some added delay since the setting doesn''t match the one we tried to order. I don''t know if I screwed up when researching the style number or if the manufacturer accidentally substituted the wrong setting, so we''ve been waiting to straighten it out. I don''t really care because I love the setting I got, but I think the perfectionist in him is really upset about the mixup. Gary''s back from vacation so it should be getting resolved soon. I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results