shape
carat
color
clarity

Phoenix's makeup, skincare, weight, health etc...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm super happy to report that my hair loss today is in the 90s! Wheeeee!!:clap::dance:

Normal would be 10-20 hairs a day, perhaps 30. That was what it was before Dr Quack Endocrinologist told me to reduce my thyroxin intake to 25 mcg a day or 1 tablet (I'd been taking 1 1/4 tablets prior to his so-called "advice"). Upon his "advice", my hair loss went up from 100 (this was around August this year, when the problem first started this time round) to 200 and then 300 a day ;(;( ;( I was despaired!!!

I then, by listening to my own gut, went back up but this time to 37.5 mcg (or 1 1/2 tablets) a day. The hair fall, almost immediately upon the increased dosage, slowed down. It went from 300 to 200 to 100 and today it was under 100. I hope the excessive hair loss will halt altogether and I'll be back to only losing 10-20 hairs a day. PLEASE GOD!!!

I have a good mind to report this quack to the medical board for malpractice. Truth be told though, I'm just super happy & relieved not to be losing 200-300 hairs a day.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your feedback. It's nice to have someone agree that it's not normal. I will definitely be more forceful in my next appointment. Obviously, I'd like to get to the bottom of this. I did just start taking vitamin d (literally yesterday) because I saw someone post it as a possible cause for their hair loss and that was a connection I'd never made. It's certainly worth a shot.

I don't have any other noticeable symptoms. I'm a fairly steady weight and I'd consider myself slender. Sleep is good but maybe slightly more restless. My mood is ok (no more cranky than usual) but I do get SAD during the winter months because I live in the northeast. Nothing obvious there.

I'll add that my skin and nail health is excellent. I did try biotin, when I first noticed hair loss, but it resulted in some killer skin issues so I had to stop.

Elle, I hope the Vit D will do the trick. And yes, pls do be more forceful.

Glad to hear you are otherwise fit & healthy. :)) On the restless sleep, I hear yoga or meditation is great for calming and promotes better sleep. I don't practice either but have been meaning to. Mainly, I just rely on the gym to wear me out.

Pls keep us updated, on the hair loss and on your dr appt/ testing. Good lluck.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm lazy about hair too. That's why I cut it in the first place. I used to have hair down to my bottom but it was so much work for me. Just blow drying it took forever! I can't believe how little you do with your hair. It really does look great. :D

Wowza! I'd love to see a pic if you'd like to share. What treatment(s) did you do? How short is your hair now?

I've actually been meaning to do something more with my hair, like a deep mask or deep conditioning or something. But I really need to wait until my hair is fully restored first. And thank you.:))

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! I'd love to see a pic if you'd like to share. What treatment(s) did you do? How short is your hair now?

I've actually been meaning to do something more with my hair, like a deep mask or deep conditioning or something. But I really need to wait until my hair is fully restored first. And thank you.:))

So this was several years ago but it gives you an idea of how long my hair was. I actually hated how much work it was so I always pinned it back away from my face and let it do it's own thing. I often wouldn't even blow dry it at this length because it took so long (plus my hair tangles VERY easily). I ended up dying it a darker blond (which didn't suit me at all) and eventually got fed up enough that I cut it off. The last pic shows where I cut it up to. I remember my friend freaking out that I was cutting off so much at once but I never felt more free. :lol-2:

IMG_2261.jpg
IMG_2262.jpg IMG_2263.jpg IMG_2264.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep! Right now, I can barely slow walk 1/4 mile and end up with 130bpm. One set of stairs (slow with a pause midway) bumps me up to 140+. Taking it slow and being aware of what my body is doing as I try to get a doctor to take me seriously. (I wasn't losing weight even when I spent a year walking 7 miles per day with 1500 or less calories per day intake.)

Here is the thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...e-your-incompetent-doctor-experiences.231896/

I'm working through the thread now, but WOW!!:-o

What is the reason you're not losing weight, do you know, @TooPatient? 1500 calories a day is quite low. If you are moving/ walking that much, coupled with a lower calorific intake, you should be losing weight.

Those are some crazy heart rates!! Yes!! Please push the Drs. They NEED to take you more seriously. I'm truly shocked and miffed for you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125

Thank you for posting those pics. WOWZA!! You have/ had amaaaaaazing hair!! I love it both long and short. It was/ is in beautiful condition too. Did you do any special treatments when it was long?

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Hi TP (and sorry to thread-crash, Phoenix). Those heart rates should be sending a good doctor down any number of avenues of investigation, and in any case, even if these rates are being brought on by weight issues, they can't stay like that. With this level of responsiveness, it could be perilously easy to sustain rates over 90% of your maximum heart rate for long enough to cause serious trouble.

Among the many issues that could drive this (alone or in combination) are:

- Fatigue due to deficient deep sleep on a long-term basis (OURA rings, and a few of the smart watches can track and chart phases of sleep for you, and indicate things like sleep apnea via sudden extreme heart rate changes);

- Anemia. It's also difficult to sufficiently 'nutrify' all cells of the body when body mass is higher than ideal. You might be deficient in many key nutrients, maybe not to the greatest degree, but to a combined degree that could cause a selection of more subtle symptoms, potentially;

- Pneumonia. Do you have a recurring cough? Even early cases of pneumonia can play serious havoc with heart rates.

- Hyperthyroidism. I'm sure your apparently lazy-minded doctor is discounting this due to your weight situation. If there is a situational case of it (not enough selenium in diet, for example), then a relatively sudden appearance would look like your case.

Overall, I think you should look for a holistic type of practitioner. Could you locate a D.O.? They tend to have infinitely more open minds in many respects.

Okay, best of luck finding a durable resolution, and fast.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sunseeker101 ,

Please don't apologise. I'm very happy you are able to post about @TooPatient 's heart rates. The issue has actually been on my mind, but I don't have any advice to offer.

TP, please have Drs look into it and pls do not take no for an answer. This is far too serious.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm super happy to report that my hair loss is down to 156 for 2 consecutive days, so in the upper 70s per day now.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My almost complete home gym. All I need to get are : a couple more pairs of dumbbells, a couple of kettle-bells, a TRX and a hyper-extension bench and I'm all set up!! Yaaaay!!

upload_2017-12-11_18-37-29.png

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the risk of boring anyone who might want to read this thread (and I guess I'm posting to keep track as well), my hair loss today - Saturday 16th Dec 2017 - is down to 57!! yaaaaay!!!:dance::clap::)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas, everyone!!

My hair loss is now down to the 30's and I expect it to be in the 20's next few days - so totally back to normal now, thank God!! This is THE BEST Christmas present I've ever received.:appl:

Another BEST BEST present (I guess this one is even more "best", hehe) I got is that I'm now almost back in the pink of health - having been sick for 9 weeks (looong story, primarily bc I have Hashimotos and am super susceptible to infections - and I've been working out non-stop for the last 10 days now and have almost got my athletic bod back!!:appl: If anything, my glutes are even better than before, bc I've been doing a lot of booty exercises, in the quest to achieve a "bubble" butt. Wish I could post a photo here, haha!!:P2

Would love to hear an update from you ladies who've had hair loss issue. Hope it's been/ is being addressed. For those who have health issues or just want to post what you've been up to, to improve your health & fitness, I'd love to hear too.

Xx

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas ! @Phoenix

Happy to hear good news.

Yours is the first 'Merry Christmas !' I am getting on the day - at 3:24 AM, having closed the books for the year ...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results