shape
carat
color
clarity

Philaelphia stone search -- Calling Dave Atlas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone. I started out my search for a princess cut engagement ring and have learned a ton on this site so thanks a million!

However, the more my GF looks at diamonds and ERs she realized that she isnn''t sure she wants a princess cut anymore. What I''m looking for is a store in philadelphia that has a good selection of high quality stones that I can go to and see these different cuts with my own eyes (i''ve never seen an asscher and I''ve only really seen stones in B & M''s that aren''t top notch quality). Of particular importance are asscher, princess, and round brilliant (not too tough I know).

I am only a few blocks from jewelers row so if anyone could recommend one of the stores there it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

mark0611

Rough_Rock
The folks at robbins are extremely nice and patient and are not pushy like most of their neighbords

pipeline010

Rough_Rock
lol, too funny.
i JUST got home from the philly row, I should have gone to robbins.

KellyJelly

Rough_Rock
I had the opposite experience. My husband bought my engagement ring there. When we went to pick it up, I told the guy (one of the robbin guys) that their was a piece of material under the prong and around it. (It was from a cloth they used to shine it up) So, he huffed and took a brush and brushed the top of the stone. I told him it was still there and he said "no it isn't" and shut the box really fast like he didn't want to be bothered. He was just rude about the whole thing. When I took it to be appraised the appraiser told me that the only way he could get it out was lift the prong.

Long story short: Poor customer service at Robbins. It seems like they are nice until they get your money.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are so many good folks who want to sell you something in cc Philly. SInce I don''t want to be an advocate for any one retailer, I will tell you to shop after you have informed your self on Pricescope as to what should be paid. Of course, nearly all retailers will allow what you want to be taken to us before you agree to commit to it. You will find great disparity in asking prices, so inform yourself and don''t be impulsive.

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much all the advice. I''m a ways out from actually making a purchase and with something this big I don''t think I''d make an impusive decision. I''m in the middle of what I''d term the information gathering stage and since the advice given to so many people on here is "you need to see the stone," I figured it would be a good idea to go look at some stones even if I don''t plan to purchase yet.

I just need to get a good handle on the way a particular cut looks in person. I''ll prob head down there sometime later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results