shape
carat
color
clarity

pewter dress w/ silver shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
THis is not my BM dress, but its the closest color sample I can find online. The color I am thinking of using is called shadow, but its similar to this pewter dress. Do you think lighter silver shoes, like the ones below are OK, or should I look for darker ones?

pewter.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
silver shoes

41Cw40FFpRL._AA280_.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they''re fine, but if you have another wedding color I think that would be much more fun to have shoes in that color!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are those the silver shoes you are thinking about? I think the colours go well together, but it can be very hard to dance in slide shoes like those.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 1:19:26 PM
Author:mintve
THis is not my BM dress, but its the closest color sample I can find online. The color I am thinking of using is called shadow, but its similar to this pewter dress. Do you think lighter silver shoes, like the ones below are OK, or should I look for darker ones?
those were the shoes I was thinking of using. Good point about the slides. I did not think of that.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 2:16:30 PM
Author: neatfreak
I think they''re fine, but if you have another wedding color I think that would be much more fun to have shoes in that color!

I am doing pewter and pink with ivory.
What about shoes like this? they are a bit bright, but maybe they would be fun?

forever21.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
a bit closer together

pewter2.jpg

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
The pewter dress with the pink shoes is fabulous. Pewter is a neutral, so it goes with anything. It''s much more fun to have the colorful shoes.

kstar512

Rough_Rock
I love the pink
30.gif
so cute!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
here is another pink shoe I found

bm shoes.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the pink. I love the silver too, but the pink is just more fun!

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
What color flowers are you having? I hope at least some pinks. I think the pink shoe would look great

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 7:56:50 PM
Author: PrincessMiaPuff
What color flowers are you having? I hope at least some pinks. I think the pink shoe would look great

I plan to have different shades of pink flowers w/ ivory as well. The bright pink will really pop!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
PINK!!!!
1.gif

FWIW I had some beautiful bright pink shoes for my wedding. I just bought dyeables from David''s bridal and they dyed them for me. Worked wonderfully and I got to pick the shoe AND the shade of pink. It would be great for bridesmaids to pick their own shoe and then get them all dyed to the same color...

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the pink shoe!!!!!! also like the silver, but the pink is fabulous!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I love the second pink shoe, too! I feel like any shoe that is the same/similar color as a dress is a missed opportunity for accessorizing.

And, as a bridesmaid who once had to wear mules as a BM, I have to ditto not gowitn with that style. They really are terribly uncomfortable for dancing.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
If your bridesmaids are purchasing the shoes, I''d tend towards something rewearable. Yes, we know the dresses are never going to be rewearable if they are bridesmaids dresses, and that''s a given. Bright pink shoes would just be another 1 day expense that I couldn''t justify asking my girls to chip in (even though I am already paying for the dresses). Additionally, shoe comfort varies wildly person to person. There are some brands that I LOVE and are comfortable all the time, but my friends can never find a pair that fits well, and vice versa. My suggestions would be:

1) Request a certain color & style, but not specific shoe, and let them buy them themselves. In this case, I''d go with a silver strappy sandal. This is something that can always be worn again, and they will be most comfortable if they can pick out the best shoe

OR

2) Pick out a specific shoe that is also in a more neutral color (silver, etc. and rewearable) and have everyone try it on to make sure its comfortable for them. If you have >3 girls, or they''re not all in the same geographic area, this is going to be tough, and I''d default to option 1. Also, if you are looking at cheaper shoes to save them money, the chances that they''ll be comfy are even lower =(

I understand that as a bridesmaid your #1 priority should be the brides'' wishes...but there is a difference between being in a dress you you''re not crazy about for a day and shoes that are killing your feet for a day...I know that, at least for me, being in painful shoes can ruin a day, so please think about your girls on this decision.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 11:28:54 AM
Author: rockzilla
If your bridesmaids are purchasing the shoes, I''d tend towards something rewearable. Yes, we know the dresses are never going to be rewearable if they are bridesmaids dresses, and that''s a given. Bright pink shoes would just be another 1 day expense that I couldn''t justify asking my girls to chip in (even though I am already paying for the dresses). Additionally, shoe comfort varies wildly person to person. There are some brands that I LOVE and are comfortable all the time, but my friends can never find a pair that fits well, and vice versa. My suggestions would be:

1) Request a certain color & style, but not specific shoe, and let them buy them themselves. In this case, I''d go with a silver strappy sandal. This is something that can always be worn again, and they will be most comfortable if they can pick out the best shoe

OR

2) Pick out a specific shoe that is also in a more neutral color (silver, etc. and rewearable) and have everyone try it on to make sure its comfortable for them. If you have >3 girls, or they''re not all in the same geographic area, this is going to be tough, and I''d default to option 1. Also, if you are looking at cheaper shoes to save them money, the chances that they''ll be comfy are even lower =(

I understand that as a bridesmaid your #1 priority should be the brides'' wishes...but there is a difference between being in a dress you you''re not crazy about for a day and shoes that are killing your feet for a day...I know that, at least for me, being in painful shoes can ruin a day, so please think about your girls on this decision.
Thanks for the input Rockzilla. I am really trying to find shoes that are under $20 or $30 so my girls arent spending bigs bucks. I also have some flip flops to give my girls to wear the the reception when their feet start to hurt. I know how if feels to have sore feet and I dont want my BMs to feel uncomfortable all night, so I hear ya
2.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
he is an example from DB

ImageProxy.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto on the pink shoe idea - LOVE IT! And the David's Bridal mock up looks adoreable with the pink shoes on the BMs :)

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
This is tricky, I ran into this with my flower girl/ junior bridesmaid. We ended up going with a medium gray, with some sheen/sparkle.

SP32-55.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results