shape
carat
color
clarity

Petite Trellis Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

milwaukeeshopper

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for this wonderful site! I learned so much and feel like I was able to make an educated buy of my diamond. I''ve been a lurker until now but need some help finding my setting.

I am now the proud owner of a 1.10 cw square radiant, which is looking for a home. I love the look of cross-prong/trellis solitaires, but when I try them on, the shanks look too thick on my 3.75-sized, short finger. I know Blue Nile sells the Petite Trellis Ring http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-setting-platinum_7836 which is perfect, but they wouldn''t sell me just the setting.

Anyone know of any other cross-prong solitaire mountings with a thinner shank? The narrowest shank I could find that would fit my 5.9 mm stone is 3.4 mm, but I''m looking for 2.5-3 mm. The jeweler setting my stone told me they could try to shave some of that off but not much. Is that a good option, or would it compromise the security of the setting? How much would it cost to have something like this custom-made (seems a waste for something so simple)?

Thanks for any help that I can get. Will definitely post pics to show of my ring once it''s made!!
1.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Th "hand over hand" setting at Whiteflash looks a little like what you''re looking for though I don''t know its mm width.
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Hand-Over-Hand-Diamond-Solitaire_1341.htm#

Whiteflash also has a trellis but the width is 4mm.

Engagement Ring Direct has a couple settings you might like, but again I don''t know their widths.

Good luck~

handoverhand.jpg

milwaukeeshopper

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions so far! I like the look of the Vatche Royal Cross-Prong - don''t know how I missed it in my searches. I''ll look into that one for sure.

The Whiteflash ring is pretty, but not quite what I''m looking for. Thanks, though!

Any more suggestions? I appreciate all the help!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
americanset on ebay has an affordable trellis.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
milwaukee -- I believe Vatche offers a "slim X-prong" setting on its site. I couldn''t go check right now as I''m on a Safari browser and for some reason the pics aren''t showing up, but a couple months ago when my SO and I were looking at X-prong solitaires, I believe I saw it there. I don''t know for sure what the width of the shank would be, but slimmer in any case than the regular X-prong, hence the name. It''s pretty far in the back, I think.... like page 30/49 or so.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 1:27:48 PM
Author: mscushion
milwaukee -- I believe Vatche offers a ''slim X-prong'' setting on its site. I couldn''t go check right now as I''m on a Safari browser and for some reason the pics aren''t showing up, but a couple months ago when my SO and I were looking at X-prong solitaires, I believe I saw it there. I don''t know for sure what the width of the shank would be, but slimmer in any case than the regular X-prong, hence the name. It''s pretty far in the back, I think.... like page 30/49 or so.

YES, I saw this setting a couple weeks ago (it''s my dream setting
30.gif
)
It''s called Slim X Prong Pave and you can also get it at excel Slim X Prong Pave
The width of the band is a little over 2 mm.. I think about 2.2mm or so..
and I''m pretty sure Vatche can make it without the Pave diamonds on the band if you prefer a plain solitaire.
I LOVE it!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Oh great, thanks for finding that, Namaste, it really is absolutely lovely. I love the feminity and flow of x-prong settings.

milwaukeeshopper

Rough_Rock
I love this site!
9.gif
You all have great ideas that I have never thought of.

The Vatche slim X-prong is beautiful. I''ll have to email them to see if they''ll make it for a square diamond and without the pave. Does anyone know how the Vatche purchasing and setting process works? I didn''t purchase my stone through an authorized Vatche dealer and there isn''t a retail store in the state of Wisconsin. Do I have to mail it to an authorized retailer for them to mail to Vatche for setting? Would a jeweler do that for me even if I didn''t buy my stone from them?

rfrads

Rough_Rock
I also really like the slim line x prong, its in my top three for settings I can afford right now! any real pictures of one floating around?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another trellis... I know they do custom work, so they could probably modify anything you needed.
Just a thought!!
ring1

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 3:51:33 PM
Author: milwaukeeshopper
I love this site!
9.gif
You all have great ideas that I have never thought of.

The Vatche slim X-prong is beautiful. I''ll have to email them to see if they''ll make it for a square diamond and without the pave. Does anyone know how the Vatche purchasing and setting process works? I didn''t purchase my stone through an authorized Vatche dealer and there isn''t a retail store in the state of Wisconsin. Do I have to mail it to an authorized retailer for them to mail to Vatche for setting? Would a jeweler do that for me even if I didn''t buy my stone from them?

Yes, I know they can make it for a square stone cause I actually happen to have a couple pictures that GOG sent me a while back. I haven''t asked if they can make it without the pave cause I like it with the pave.. but I''m almost positive they can cause I know they do custom work.

As far as mailing the stone - I''m not sure on the exact procedure for that. I''m betting that it goes though the jeweler though. And yes, a jeweler should do that for you even if you didn''t buy the stone through them. If you''re close to the WI/IL border there''s a store in DT Chicago that is a vatche dealer. Otherwise GOG and excel are as well..

this is my future e-ring so i''m a little excited about it if ya can''t tell
4.gif
9.gif

I hope it''s ok to post these pics.. GOG sent them to me a while back
I believe it''s a .98 ct princess. E SI2

AS_Pr98ESi2_finished_2.jpg

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
another

AS_Pr98ESi2_side_view_2.jpg

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE IT!!!

AS_Pr98ESi2_side_view_3.jpg

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
last one...

AS_Pr98ESi2_side_view.jpg

rfrads

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting these pictures!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Yup - the ring is sooo delicate in real life. When I saw the setting a couple weeks ago, it didn''t have a center stone in it - which was a bit disappointing but it was still stunning!
seriously - the pictures don''t do it justice!

I''m gonna be getting a round but I love drooling over these pics! Just love those criss-cross prongs
30.gif
30.gif

rfrads

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:46:41 AM
Author: Namaste
Yup - the ring is sooo delicate in real life. When I saw the setting a couple weeks ago, it didn''t have a center stone in it - which was a bit disappointing but it was still stunning!

I''m gonna be getting a round but I love drooling over these pics! Just love those criss-cross prongs
30.gif
30.gif

That''s good to know, I have a 0.7/V2s/I round to go in it. I was deciding between that and the Vatche Swan. I''m still waiting to hear back if there is a matching wedding band for the slim line.

milwaukeeshopper

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:12:15 AM
Yes, I know they can make it for a square stone cause I actually happen to have a couple pictures that GOG sent me a while back. I haven''t asked if they can make it without the pave cause I like it with the pave.. but I''m almost positive they can cause I know they do custom work.

As far as mailing the stone - I''m not sure on the exact procedure for that. I''m betting that it goes though the jeweler though. And yes, a jeweler should do that for you even if you didn''t buy the stone through them. If you''re close to the WI/IL border there''s a store in DT Chicago that is a vatche dealer. Otherwise GOG and excel are as well..

this is my future e-ring so i''m a little excited about it if ya can''t tell
4.gif
9.gif

I hope it''s ok to post these pics.. GOG sent them to me a while back

I believe it''s a .98 ct princess. E SI2

30.gif
Your ring is gorgeous!! Thanks for posting the pics. I love the delicate shank with the pave diamonds. You''re making me second guess my decision...

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:26:38 AM
Author: rfrads
Date: 2/10/2009 12:46:41 AM

30.gif
30.gif

That''s good to know, I have a 0.7/V2s/I round to go in it. I was deciding between that and the Vatche Swan. I''m still waiting to hear back if there is a matching wedding band for the slim line.

I asked the same thing and was told there was a matching wedding band..
I don''t know what the matching band looks like though. I was curious whether it was one of those curved wedding bands so that it would sit flush. Admittedly I don''t like the look of the curved bands and it doesn''t matter to me whether it sits flush.. so they told me whatever I had in mind, Vatche could make to match the ring.

I''m probably going to have a round of approximately that size going in it as well .. It would definitely look awesome! The swan is beautiful as well though! I''ll be looking forward to pics of your ring, whichever setting you choose to go with!!
30.gif
30.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 7:25:45 AM
Author: milwaukeeshopper

30.gif
Your ring is gorgeous!! Thanks for posting the pics. I love the delicate shank with the pave diamonds. You''re making me second guess my decision...

Ooops.. didn''t mean to mislead.. this is not actually MY ring..
10.gif

I emailed GOG a while back and asked them if they had any real life pictures of the vatche slim x prong pave setting, and that is what they sent me.

What i meant to say was that is the setting that my future e-ring is going to be in
12.gif
!
9.gif

But yea, it''s a gorgeous ring! Can''t wait to see pics of whatever you decide to go with!! Good luck!

milwaukeeshopper

Rough_Rock
Oops, I didn''t read the post carefully enough.
20.gif
It''s still a beautiful ring. I''m sure yours will be perfect. Be sure to post pictures!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
wrong thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results