shape
carat
color
clarity

Petite Round vs Petite Claw Prong Safety

diamondringlady

Rough_Rock
I need some advice on prong safety. I have a 3 carat ring from whiteflash in the six prong, petite round prong vatche setting. From the moment I got it, I regretted not getting the petite claw prongs. I'm sending in the ring because the diamond came loose so am debating on whether I should change the prongs. My hesitation is around safety of petite claws. I am a bit surprised that the petite round claws are getting loose one year on the dot, so am afraid the petite claws would have the same issue.

Below is the picture of the ring. 16878163499578038953172822278082.jpg 16878163499578038953172822278082.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any prong can become loose for a variety of reasons. Glad you discovered yours! I don't think there is any structural difference between petite round and petite claw prongs. I would definitely ask WF their opinion. If you really want to change them, this would be the ideal time to do so!

diamondringlady

Rough_Rock
Thank you! That's what I thought on the safety profile based on prior WF advice, but the person I am talking to now says that the round petite is safer. I'm confused.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! That's what I thought on the safety profile based on prior WF advice, but the person I am talking to now says that the round petite is safer. I'm confused.
thats coming from the vendor?
id ask them if they get this impression from their own personal opinion/experience -
or from QC customer satisfaction statistics on the vendors customer base/sales as a whole.
or - now the answer has changed because petite rounds are being reshaped to petite claws and it’s different result than starting off with petite claws at original fab time?

I think there’s a difference.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The claw prong might be more apt to snag clothing or something due to the pointy edge and lift I guess. Still seems like the chances of that are slim.

diamondringlady

Rough_Rock
thats coming from the vendor?
id ask them if they get this impression from their own personal opinion/experience -
or from QC customer satisfaction statistics on the vendors customer base/sales as a whole.
or - now the answer has changed because petite rounds are being reshaped to petite claws and it’s different result than starting off with petite claws at original fab time?

I think there’s a difference.

Yes, from the vendor. This is great advice. Thank you! I will bring up these questions with them.

nancyknight

Rough_Rock
Trade
I need some advice on prong safety. I have a 3 carat ring from whiteflash in the six prong, petite round prong vatche setting. From the moment I got it, I regretted not getting the petite claw prongs. I'm sending in the ring because the diamond came loose so am debating on whether I should change the prongs. My hesitation is around safety of petite claws. I am a bit surprised that the petite round claws are getting loose one year on the dot, so am afraid the petite claws would have the same issue.

Below is the picture of the ring.
16878163499578038953172822278082.jpg 16878163499578038953172822278082.jpg shell shockers 2

Both petite claw prongs and petite round prongs are safe. Petite claw prongs are more secure as they reach farther onto the diamond. Petite round prongs have a more feminine vibe, work great with fancy-shaped diamonds, and are less prone to snagging than claw prongs. However, it is important to note that the safety of the prongs depends on the quality of the workmanship and the materials used. It might be best to contact the manufacturer of your fixture for more information on how to use this feature. I hope this helps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results