shape
carat
color
clarity

Pet Food Poisonings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
FN - I''m so sorry you lost your kitty. Glad you were able to hold him to the end, btu I know it was hard. Sending lots of kitty love your way.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh, FN ... I''m so so sorry. I know that saying he had a good long life isn''t much consolation right now, but down the road, knowing what a good life you gave him will give you comfort. It''s great that you got to be there with him when he passed -- I was with my cat, too, a few years ago, and knowing that it''s so peaceful for them brings such relief, doesn''t it?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I''m so very, very sorry.

{{{Hugs}}}

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry FN
39.gif
. I had no idea there was a pet food recall! I sent an email out to everyone I know who has pets.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 6:56:42 PM
Author: ellaila
Oh gosh, FN ... I''m so so sorry. I know that saying he had a good long life isn''t much consolation right now, but down the road, knowing what a good life you gave him will give you comfort. It''s great that you got to be there with him when he passed -- I was with my cat, too, a few years ago, and knowing that it''s so peaceful for them brings such relief, doesn''t it?

I really didn''t want him to be with relative strangers, alone, and afraid.

When he and his sister were born, they came into the world to people who did not want them. Their first family drove down our road one night and threw 2 kittens out on the street. We couldn''t find homes for them and I wouldn''t take them to the Humane Society. Our HS, at the time, had way more cats than they could place. I guessed what might happen and just could not stomach the thought. So we became "parents".

That''s partly why I wanted to be there for him today. He came into this world with people who did not want him. I did not want him leaving this world that way.

He was VERY much wanted and loved.

Thanks all for your well wishes and kind thoughts. It means so very much on an especially tough day!!

I do hope this thread has helped people become aware of the food contamination situation. Maybe we will have helped to save other peoples'' companions in life!!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your kitty. I''m glad you were able to be with him though, that''s comforting to you and him. How sad....

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
FN, I''m so so sorry to hear about your kitty. I think that''s wonderful that he had a long, loving life because you were big-hearted and generous enough to take him and his sister in. I also think that''s so selfless of you to be there with him at the end - I really think that does make a huge difference to them.

FG - the vets actually make money from selling the prescription foods, so I''m not sure about how objective they are. Our vets, who specialize in treating only cats, actually recommended Innova to us. I have seen some mixed reviews, however, of whether it works for kitties who need special diets. I think its worth researching more though, because I''d be willing to bet that one of the brands that uses higher-quality ingredients will also have something that is appropriate for kitties who need special diets. I will see what I can find as well. You are also in the SF Bay Area, yes? If you want, I can give you the information for our vet if you want to call them and ask them about it. Our kitties do love the Innova, and so does my mom''s cat. We did a taste test with that and Felidae and the Innova was the hands-down winner. My mom''s cat also strongly preferred Innova to the Iams she was feeding him before.

Another good food they don''t mention on that website is Merrick. Someone asked about non-chicken/beef/turkey flavors for their kitties, and we''ve had really good luck with the Merrick wet food in Ocean Breeze and New England Boil flavors - our kitties turn their noses up at non-seafood flavored wet food as well.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
FN, I''m so sorry. At least you were able to be there for him, in the end -- I''m sure it gave him comfort.

AmberGretchen, do you happen to have any similar link for dog foods?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FN, I am so very sorry for your loss. He was very lucky to have you as his mom. Rest in peace, Tom.

Hugs.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FN, I am very sorry for your loss. My DH and I are also cat lovers so I really feel for you. As others have said, he did have a happy life with you and you were able to be there for him at the end. I know it prob isn't much of a consolation, esp. right now, but know that we're here for you.

Big hugs.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FN, I am so sorry for your loss.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My condolences FN. I just saw the news this morning about your kitty. (((Hugs)))

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry. Especially if it was something preventable.

I checked on line and the wet pouches I feed Maya were on the list. They are erring on the side of caution in recalling some of the items. It is scary but I think it was mostly cats that were affected. I could not get through on the Eukauba site, but spoke to the manager at Petco near me where I bought the items. He said Menu Foods makes the private label food for Giant and Walmart etc, and that for my pouches, there might be one or no ingredients at issue, but it is precautionary. Some of the other products definitely had problems, but some of the recall is more precautionary in nature. I hope they identify it soon and do not ever have this issue again.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry you lost your dear cat. He had the best home he could have had with you, and he knew he was loved.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh FN, I''m so sorry to hear about your kitty
15.gif
But it sounds like you gave him a wonderful, long life. *HUGS*

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
f_n, i am so very sorry for the loss of your dear tom.
emrose.gif
i hope you can find strength and peace in knowing that you gave him a great life that he might not have otherwise known and that he is in a wonderful and beautiful place now.
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} to you

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god, I am so sorry for your loss. Atleast he is no longer in any pain. My childhood cat went the exact same way, suddenly of an annurism, put down in my arms, very trauamtic. I (think) I know exactly how you feel. I am so sad for you.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im really sorry to hear about your kitty. I think that its great that you stayed with him in the vets also.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
FN, add me to the long list of those that is sooo sorry for your loss. HUGS!!!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your kitty! Losing a pet is never easy, but please try to take comfort in knowing that he lived a very long life, and you gave him a happy and loving home. He was very lucky to have you (as was his sister). *HUGS*

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
39.gif
I just read this entire thread. I am sorry I am late to this, but please accept my condolences for your loss. How awful about the recalled food.
39.gif

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear about your baby, FN.
face24.gif

I hope the pain from your loss does not last too long and you can enjoy your memories of him without sadness, but with happiness at what he brought to your world and you to his.

Jasmine and Flash send their best head bonks and bumps to you in your time of grief.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Finding Neverland, I feel so terrible hearing about your cat. I''m sending lots of positive thoughts your way, it''s obvious you loved him very much.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FN, I''m so very sorry to hear about your kitty. I hope you will take comfort in the many wonderful years you enjoyed together and the knowledge that you loved him and provided him a wonderful home. Big big hugs outgoing.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
FN I''m really sorry you are sad. I can''t make your sadness go away but I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 8:34:58 PM
Author: Finding_Neverland

Date: 3/19/2007 6:56:42 PM
Author: ellaila

I really didn''t want him to be with relative strangers, alone, and afraid.

When he and his sister were born, they came into the world to people who did not want them. Their first family drove down our road one night and threw 2 kittens out on the street. We couldn''t find homes for them and I wouldn''t take them to the Humane Society. Our HS, at the time, had way more cats than they could place. I guessed what might happen and just could not stomach the thought. So we became ''parents''.

That''s partly why I wanted to be there for him today. He came into this world with people who did not want him. I did not want him leaving this world that way.

He was VERY much wanted and loved.

Thanks all for your well wishes and kind thoughts. It means so very much on an especially tough day!!

I do hope this thread has helped people become aware of the food contamination situation. Maybe we will have helped to save other peoples'' companions in life!!
Awww... this brought tears to my eyes. Good for you to be their till the end.

So sorry to hear about your loss - 21 years - must have been loved & happy!

This contamination seems more wide spread than initially reported.

golden

Shiny_Rock
Finding Neverland!!!! I am so sorry for the loss of both your cats. I am reading through the posts and did not expect to read such a sad post.
39.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
FN,

I am really sorry to hear about your loss. I have lost two cats in the past, and I know how hard it was for me to get past my losses... But it sure sounds like Tom had a wonderful life because of you. I am confident that he is in a better place now. I am sorry...
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results