shape
carat
color
clarity

Peruzzi Cut?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
What type of cut is this? Is it too cushion shaped to be a peruzzi cut? More of an old mine cut with a tiny squared off table?

FB8EC666-61F4-426C-B5AC-F823D758B98F.jpeg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought Peruzzi cuts had more pointed corners?
Not sure what yours is. I'm not an expert of course. So take what I say worth a grain of salt :confused:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at that teeny, tiny table and Kozibe effect! The table looks like the ones you see with Mazarin cuts. At least in photos, I've never seen one in person. Hoping one of our old cut experts tells us exactly what this beauty is.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes- interested to see what other knowledgeable people say.

Agree with in the ballpark of Mazarin or Old English Square on the crown/table facets - especially since there seems to be many variations within those names.
But the look of the pavilion facets do seem to be on another page.

Pretty unique :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I thought Peruzzi cuts had more pointed corners?
Not sure what yours is. I'm not an expert of course. So take what I say worth a grain of salt :confused:

Thank you for your thoughts and No worries-I am no expert either and I thought they had squared off corners as well. I was just told by someone they thought it was a Peruzzi cut, but it just doesn’t seem like it to me.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Look at that teeny, tiny table and Kozibe effect! The table looks like the ones you see with Mazarin cuts. At least in photos, I've never seen one in person. Hoping one of our old cut experts tells us exactly what this beauty is.

I would love to know what she is also :) I will try and count the facets as I read Mazarin cuts have 17 on crown and pavillion.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Yes- interested to see what other knowledgeable people say.

Agree with in the ballpark of Mazarin or Old English Square on the crown/table facets - especially since there seems to be many variations within those names.
But the look of the pavilion facets do seem to be on another page.

Pretty unique :)

Maybe she is just some sort of conglomeration of old cuts dreamt up in the hands of the cutter :)

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting. Can you take a pic of the underside? The top looks Mazarin, but the bottom looks more old mine.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Very interesting. Can you take a pic of the underside? The top looks Mazarin, but the bottom looks more old mine.

I will work on trying to get a clear pic of the underside :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
34040D23-C36A-45D5-A83E-950E21149045.jpeg
Another of her crown/table.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, a little forward if I say that I’m excited to see the whole piece? Love the contrast of the center against the side stones AND that yellow bezel.

I have no idea what cut this is but it’s charming.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with YadaYadaYada, we need more pics. The color and cut look very cool. To me, the bottom doesn’t look like a Mazarin. I think this is the uber special and very rare “stepcutnut cut” =)2
How does it perform?

IMG_2290.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @stepcutnut for posting those, it’s impressive for sure, have you bought it already? That kozibe pattern is rad!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I agree with YadaYadaYada, we need more pics. The color and cut look very cool. To me, the bottom doesn’t look like a Mazarin. I think this is the uber special and very rare “stepcutnut cut” =)2
How does it perform?

IMG_2290.jpeg

I do not think the bottom looks especially like a Mazarin either, so I will go with ‘funky’ old cut ;-).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results