carat
color
clarity

personal, professional changes for the New Year

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1356975289|3343692 said:
HI:

I don't make resolutions cuz I don't keep them. Case in point, last year at this time, I said no more hair products until my cupboard is empty, and the next day I bought three new items...I give stuff away at work so I can buy new things.... :rolleyes:

I do think about selling my jewellery, especially my ER, but I am not realisitic about how much I'd get back, so I keep it. I would like to downsize my collection to a greater extent--but I have a problem that I keep buying! It is difficult to enjoy everything since I cannot wear many pieces things to work and I work a lot. So it sits. Unworn--it seems not only wasteful but miserly.

I like what Lisa said about taking her power back. Now if I could only figure out how to do that......

cheers--Sharon

I think the only way a resolution will work is if the resolution is based on something you enjoy or can easily do. For example, I had considered one resolution being drinking only water in Jan to see if it helped me loose weight, so I tried not drinking any diet coke over the weekend (usually have a couple in the morning) and was fine for one day, but bought some the day after. lol! Clearly, I'm not ready to follow my resolution! ;)) I don't want to beat myself up over not following through, so it makes more sense to only stick to what I know I can do.

People use resolutions too often to focus on making or breaking habits, which as humans, is kind of difficult. The bigger the change of habit, the less likely we will make the change. Hopefully I can eat two salads a week. Which isn't a lot, but more than I ate in 2012. 2013 won't be the Year of the Salad, though as that is too much pressure. :o

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1356974920|3343687 said:
[

Oh, and get a JOB! :read:

Congratualtions on finishing your program!

What is your "dream" job? Do you hae plans yet?

cheers--Sharon[/quote]

Thanks Sharon. I graduated a few weeks ago. I had a promising interview last week. Though it is not my "dream" job, it is a good opportunity to help me one day land something dreamier. Haha. I am a very patient girl.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1356990834|3343929 said:
canuk-gal|1356974920|3343687 said:
[

Oh, and get a JOB! :read:

Congratualtions on finishing your program!

What is your "dream" job? Do you hae plans yet?

cheers--Sharon

Thanks Sharon. I graduated a few weeks ago. I had a promising interview last week. Though it is not my "dream" job, it is a good opportunity to help me one day land something dreamier. Haha. I am a very patient girl.[/quote]

Good luck, Tacori! Hope all goes well! You deserve it after going to school while tending to a little one and then moving across the country. It'd be great for you to settle into a nice job with opportunity! Sending you job dust!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1356975289|3343692 said:
HI:

I don't make resolutions cuz I don't keep them. Case in point, last year at this time, I said no more hair products until my cupboard is empty, and the next day I bought three new items...I give stuff away at work so I can buy new things.... :rolleyes:

I do think about selling my jewellery, especially my ER, but I am not realisitic about how much I'd get back, so I keep it. I would like to downsize my collection to a greater extent--but I have a problem that I keep buying! It is difficult to enjoy everything since I cannot wear many pieces things to work and I work a lot. So it sits. Unworn--it seems not only wasteful but miserly.

I like what Lisa said about taking her power back. Now if I could only figure out how to do that......

cheers--Sharon

Yeah, I was going to say about the same thing about not making resolutions! Are you wanting a different type of e-ring, Sharon? Any diamonds bought before 2011 might be able to be sold for as much or more than was paid for them. That may even be more true of a large stone like yours. It is beautiful and I would hate to see you sell it unless there was something else you really, really wanted more!

A lot of girls who buy a lot of jewelry sell some of it on Pre-Loved as they buy new things! I hear ya on not buying more than I can wear, though. I don't have a lot of opportunities to wear a lot of jewelry and I really am close to having all the items that I really want most (short of an unlimited budget and the list would be vastly different!). I guess my main desire is settle on a permanent e-ring. I really do enjoy searching for bargains on designer and fine quality items, though. That is a very expensive hobby, I'm afraid!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vc10um|1356911266|3343124 said:
I'm going to try my darndest to be more properly organized this year...

...not sure how that'll go, though, since it seems to be my resolution every year... :nono: :lol: :???:

LOL, I feel your pain. While I do not make new year's resolutions I always have the "get more organized" desire on my improvement to do list that I strive for all year long. It is so freeing to declutter and get rid of stuff so I don't know why it's so hard for me to do or keep up. It really is a neverending task.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
rosetta said:
Sarahbear621|1356958967|3343466 said:
CG- Why are you selling everything? I love many of your pieces! Hope everything is allright with you!

My "resolution" is nothing exciting. I want to loose the baby weight that I was never able to take off after DD was born. I'm still up about 20lbs and I would really ike to start loosing weight.

I guess my other thing I would like to work on sounds really corny, but it is to be a better mom. I work full time so my kids attend daycare during the week. My DH is gone often due to work so it is me with 2 little ones often. Sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed with them. This year I really want to take a breathe and realize how wonderful my babies are and to enjoy them at this age. Sooner or later they will grow up and be to old for me to kiss away their pain or want to hold my hand in public.

Sarah. I've got 20 pounds to lose as well. We should encourage each other! :appl:
My resolution is my last 20 baby pounds too. Club -20 2013! :)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
i am going to **try** losing "pre and post baby weight"!!! it has been over 2 years since i have had any regular exercise. I have put on about 10Kgs which is about 22lbs. I cant wear my work pants that well anymore!!! Muffin top and man boobs spring to mind!!!! sorry for the imagery, but we are all friends here, right?

Having our daughter has given us so much joy... and as many parents attest, priorities change. Hopefully, now that she is older (21months), and I have talked to DH about our schedules, that i will be able to make it to the gym!!! With DH schedule, he gets the opportunity to exercise... He also offers me time to go, but i have always thought, i have to get this done and that done..well, its only an excuse, and i have to find/make the time to go.

Oh- the other thing.. gotta stop eating chocolate!!!!!!

Happy New yEar!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1356994185|3344001 said:

...not sure how that'll go, though, since it seems to be my resolution every year... :nono: :lol: :???:

LOL, I feel your pain. While I do not make new year's resolutions I always have the "get more organized" desire on my improvement to do list that I strive for all year long. It is so freeing to declutter and get rid of stuff so I don't know why it's so hard for me to do or keep up. It really is a neverending task.

The best way to become more organized is to hire an organizer.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1356994781|3344015 said:
rosetta said:
CG- Why are you selling everything? I love many of your pieces! Hope everything is allright with you!

My "resolution" is nothing exciting. I want to loose the baby weight that I was never able to take off after DD was born. I'm still up about 20lbs and I would really ike to start loosing weight.

I guess my other thing I would like to work on sounds really corny, but it is to be a better mom. I work full time so my kids attend daycare during the week. My DH is gone often due to work so it is me with 2 little ones often. Sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed with them. This year I really want to take a breathe and realize how wonderful my babies are and to enjoy them at this age. Sooner or later they will grow up and be to old for me to kiss away their pain or want to hold my hand in public.

Sarah. I've got 20 pounds to lose as well. We should encourage each other! :appl:

Yes! Lets do it guys! :appl:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta|1356996730|3344051 said:
Rosebloom|1356994781|3344015 said:
rosetta said:

Yes! Lets do it guys! :appl:

How do I lose it just off my bum? I don't want to lose it from my boobs! :lol:

As I suspected, here I am on the couch surfing PS. I'm on page 144 of the royal jewels thread if anyone wants to join me. I just 'cheers-ed' the pointsettias by my fireplace. Perhaps I should have put the bottle of delicious Old Vines Foch in the fridge instead of on the table next to me. 8-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1356995040|3344020 said:

I am not sure how that would work because it's not that I don't know *how* to organize, it's just that I *loathe* doing it and since it is a constant upkeep (or disorganization takes hold again) I would need a full time organizer to keep it going. It's just not one of my favorite things to do but I know the payoff is worth it. I guess I would rather spend my free time hanging out with PS when I am home vs organizing stuff but I know there is a happy medium.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I make resolutions, the same one every years, lol apparently I dont keep them or I wouldnt have to keep making them :halo:

Once again, I resolve to try and lose weight, exercise more and eat healthier.

I have type 2 diabetes and my numbers are horrible but I just cant seem to make myself eat better, this year I am going to try and get my numbers back under control, this is a very important goal for me!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, mom2boys, I just cannot believe you ladies are selling your gorgeous pieces!

Rosetta, congrats to your DH and good luck with your goal.

I have a few NY resolutions, in no particular order:

- either get a FT job in the field in which I am qualified (am currently working on a project basis only) or make more money with my share and currency trading.

- invest our hard-earned money wisely on another (hopefully excellent) property investment, amongst other wiser investments.

- lose 8-10lbs and exercise more and become more fit and healthy. I lost this amount during 2012 but gained it most of it back during the last few weeks :o . I've been trying to exercise about 3-4 times a week, but not regularly enough if that makes sense, as sometimes I only go to the gym once a week.

- give up drinking or at least drink less than I currently do.

- spend more time with my dad.

- not spend as much money on bling as I have during the last couple of years. Sure, I'd still like to reset Holly if possible and I definitely want a pair of studs (rather desperately actually). I might get an antique honker, or might not. But for sure, no more wasting money on smaller pieces and certainly not on numerous (re)settings!

- last but not least, I shall be more discriminate in selecting and keeping friends. I made friends with someone (from PS actually) that I terribly regret. She was a horrible horrible person, to her husband and children, and she used me. NO MORE of that cr*p!!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I start a new position tomorrow so that is sorted for the professional side of me. I want to lose weight and exercise more, in the spring when the snow is gone and it is no longer icey I plan to start walking to and from work so that should help as my new office is closer to home. I want to eat more mindfully too.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1356902947|3343023 said:
II'm saving for a birkin. I know it's a ridiculously expensive handbag, but I've wanted one for years and years. I've realised that I'll never stop wanting it, so I'm just going to buy it before the price goes completely out of reach.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I only have one Birkin, a Rouge Vif in Gulliver, at the moment and I LOVE it to bits. I also have a Kelly and a Jypsiere but have to say I love my Birkin the most...love love love it :love: :love: . I'd like to get just one more, a pink (preferably) in Chevre, or Fjord; or an orange one.

What are you after? There are a few online sites that are more reputable than others. I can forward you the links if you're interested.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'll gladly join the weight loss club. I actually started this morning and so far, so good (of course, it's only been 4 hours! :cheeky: ).

I want to be a better wife. DH often comes last on my list after the kids, volunteer boards, school activities, cooking/cleaning etc. I want to put more effort into our relationship this year....re-kindle some of the things we used to enjoy doing together pre-kids.

I'm toying with the idea of going back to school to get a degree in interior design. I think I'd love helping other people decorate their homes (and spending their $$ would be way more fun than spending ours!!).....not sure I can manage it and not interfere with the kids schedules, but it's something I want to look into.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not going to make wild promises and lie to myself (again!) this year, but I did sign up with a friend for at least a 6 week introduction to Yoga class, and it starts Jan 9! So, even that little bit of a regular once a week commitment, is a big deal in my world. I'm SOOOOOO lazy when it comes to exercise. Other than walking the dogs 2km every day, I don't do anything else, and I want to.

That's as far as I'm going to commit to at this point... unless it turns out I am actually this genius yoga master hidden beneath all this flubber and jelly... then who knows how far my "promises" could go!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1357011130|3344718 said:
MC|1356995040|3344020 said:

I am not sure how that would work because it's not that I don't know *how* to organize, it's just that I *loathe* doing it and since it is a constant upkeep (or disorganization takes hold again) I would need a full time organizer to keep it going. It's just not one of my favorite things to do but I know the payoff is worth it. I guess I would rather spend my free time hanging out with PS when I am home vs organizing stuff but I know there is a happy medium.

Yep, I totally relate. I was joking about hiring an organizer. In reality, I need to become more organized too because the lack of organization (and misplacing things) causes me more stress than necessary, which means I should be spending less time online and procrastinating, which is my normal mode. 2013, I decided, is going to be a year of action for me! Not just say, "I need to do X," but actually do it. My house will be more clean and my kids will see mom getting stuff done. It's also the year of teaching them to help out because being the maid and chef for four people has exhausted me!

Best of luck, Missy! Hopefully at the end of 2013 we can post about how we've been more organized than ever this year! ;))

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix|1357058028|3344957 said:
II'm saving for a birkin. I know it's a ridiculously expensive handbag, but I've wanted one for years and years. I've realised that I'll never stop wanting it, so I'm just going to buy it before the price goes completely out of reach.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I only have one Birkin, a Rouge Vif in Gulliver, at the moment and I LOVE it to bits. I also have a Kelly and a Jypsiere but have to say I love my Birkin the most...love love love it :love: :love: . I'd like to get just one more, a pink (preferably) in Chevre, or Fjord; or an orange one.

What are you after? There are a few online sites that are more reputable than others. I can forward you the links if you're interested.
The one I want? Might be boring, but I want a 35 black togo PHW. :love: It will be my only one so I want it to go with everything. I cruise 'the other forum' and I'm not sure if that helps me wait or makes me want one more. Both I guess.
I'm going to try and get one this summer in Europe. It would be just dreamy to walk into a Paris Hermes and walk out with my birkin. Odds are not in my favour, I know. I'll SO order one if the summer plan falls through.
I also want an orange garden party. And a Kelly pochette if I'm really lucky, after those two.
I'm going to try and get one new. I know there are reputable sellers but I think I'd like a brand new one, just made for me. :)) And I'll be damned if I'm paying reseller premium!

If I could have many, I'd want a red, a pink, and an orange. Tell me when you get your pink!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1357161653|3345710 said:
Phoenix|1357058028|3344957 said:

The one I want? Might be boring, but I want a 35 black togo PHW. :love: It will be my only one so I want it to go with everything. I cruise 'the other forum' and I'm not sure if that helps me wait or makes me want one more. Both I guess.
I'm going to try and get one this summer in Europe. It would be just dreamy to walk into a Paris Hermes and walk out with my birkin. Odds are not in my favour, I know. I'll SO order one if the summer plan falls through.
I also want an orange garden party. And a Kelly pochette if I'm really lucky, after those two.
I'm going to try and get one new. I know there are reputable sellers but I think I'd like a brand new one, just made for me. :)) And I'll be damned if I'm paying reseller premium!

If I could have many, I'd want a red, a pink, and an orange. Tell me when you get your pink!

OMG, it'll be fabulous if you manage to get your B35 from Paris! Please post pics when you get it. I've tried many times in London, to no success, though admittedly I haven't tried Paris yet.

A black togo is the basic staple. Every Hermes fan should have one. I think I might try and get a black one after I get my pink, but a pink is on my "wanted" list. I love orange too, but I may not get an orange one if I get a pink. I can only get secondhands at the moment and try to buy the older stamps so I don't have to pay through the nose. It'd be soooo fabulous getting a new one from an H boutique! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results