shape
carat
color
clarity

Personal preference: E/VS2 or F/VS1?

speedy0514

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

If you were choosing between two identical 0.75ct ideal cut diamonds, one being E/VS2 and the other F/VS1 priced at $200 more, which would you be more inclined to purchase? I know personal preference has a lot to do with this, I'm just curious to hear what everyone thinks.

Thanks for you input!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
F VS1

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
I'd go with the F VS1 because I can't tell the difference between an E and an F but the VS1 would mean not having to check the diamond at all to see whether its eyeclean. With a VS2, I still think you have to check in case an inclusion is under the table and if you're ordering online, its hard to tell until you get the stone whether it is really eyeclean to YOUR standards.

To me, the extra $200 would be worth it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
flip a coin.. ;))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Which lab's VS1 or VS2? To consider or measure "parameters" they should be considered =. Afterall, variables vary.

cheers--Sharon

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
G VS2 :cheeky:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
honestly- either! I dont think you could go wrong with either option!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the F VS1.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
E VS2. Of course, that is the same as my little 0.63 ct ISEE2 from GOG and it is lovely. :bigsmile:

For me, F VS2 is the sweet spot, so I'd save the $200 and get the E color.

speedy0514

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

F/VS2 has been the sweet spot in my search too, but I've seen a ton of variation within the VS2 clarity which can be scary without actually being able to see the diamonds in person. Because of this, I think I'm leaning toward VS1 diamonds just because I'm more confident they'll be eye clean, and really clear even under magnification.

LBB

Rough_Rock
I think I would go with F/VS1.. I can't tell the difference between E and F, but I do tend to see the inclusions of a VS2 with my naked eye. So I wouldn't go below VS1. Good Luck..

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
F/VS1 ;-)

mamong

Rough_Rock
F VS1

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
speedy0514|1308117029|2946369 said:
Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

F/VS2 has been the sweet spot in my search too, but I've seen a ton of variation within the VS2 clarity which can be scary without actually being able to see the diamonds in person. Because of this, I think I'm leaning toward VS1 diamonds just because I'm more confident they'll be eye clean, and really clear even under magnification.

Even though I prefer the F/VS1, practically speaking most VS2s will be eyeclean. The main advantage of going with VS1 is saving the time and hassle of checking to see if the stone is eyeclean. So if you're still in the beginnings of your search and willing to research more diamonds, I wouldn't rule out a VS2. But if you're at the end and just want to buy the damn thing, then you can wrap up your search really quickly by buying the VS1. You won't have a problem with it not being eyeclean and unless you're really, really insanely color sensitive (doubtful) the F color will be fine. F is still in the colorless range.

PCMusicGuy

Rough_Rock
I'd go for the E VS2 if it were eye clean. It depends mostly on where your sensitivities lie. My eyes are sensitive to color, i.e. I can see the difference between E and F color and D and E if set in front of me. If they are both clean stones I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results