shape
carat
color
clarity

Perry Chen Diamond Concierge Service Experience

MiriamS

Rough_Rock
My husband surprised me in April when he suggested that I start looking for my anniversary present. Our anniversary (36th) was not until July and I already had a good idea of what I wanted, an emerald cut solitaire. I found a few stones online that looked promising, and they were all listed by several vendors at different prices. In every case the Leon Mege website had the second lowest price. I decided to contact Perry Chen at LM because the idea of buying the stone and setting together made a lot of sense. Before I called I spent many hours reading LM threads on this forum, and I happened upon one by Boston Jeff. After some waffling I changed my mind and decided to look for an OMB like his.

I gave Perry a restrictive set of criteria which included F color or higher and VS or higher, and a l/w ratio between 1.1 and 1.2. Within a week my husband and I were in his office looking at several stones that he brought in. Honestly, it was hard to distinguish among them, and any one would have made me very happy. The largest of the group was still within my budget so the choice seemed clear. Then, almost apologetically, Perry said he had one more for me to see, but he hesitated because it was only an SI1. It was noticeably larger than the others, eye clean even up close with my reading glasses, and several thousand dollars less than the stone I had been considering.

Up to this point my husband was not enthusiastic about any of the cushions. He has always loved my current solitaire, a radiant that we picked out together four years ago. I took it out of my purse and we did a side by side comparison. The radiant faced up a little bigger and a lot whiter, but next to the cushion it looked a bit boring.

This next part is off topic: Just as we were comparing them the door opened and Leon came in, all apologies for having been delayed. He had a display box of jewelry that he let me admire and try on. There was a magnificent pair of marquise drop earrings among the pieces, and Leon said that he would give them to me for free if I could name the gemstone. I was really wishing that I had spent more time on Colored Stones at this point, but I squinted and frowned and pondered until he said, “Of course you know that I am only joking, they are golden beryls.”

After Leon left we discussed options for my radiant ring, and I mentioned that I might try to sell it. Perry offered to “shop it around” for me. I had brought a copy of the cert which I left with him, but I took the ring home and we never got around to discussing a number or consignment terms. A few days later he emailed me with an offer that was not too far from what I was hoping to get.

I decided to buy the SI1 stone and also sell my radiant, if possible. At our next meeting I handed Perry my ring. He popped the stone out and spent the next five minutes inspecting it with a loupe. Then he wrapped it in paper, put it in his pocket, and was gone. I met with Leon to discuss my setting and then headed for home. Later that evening Perry emailed me with a very good offer which I accepted. The fee he requested for his services was a mere two per cent.

Working with Perry was a pleasure and the results exceeded my hopes. I got the finished ring a few weeks ago. I cannot stop staring, just the way I stared at my engagement ring thirty seven years ago.

3.42 OMB, F SI1 9.73 X 8.48 X 5.56 Table 55%, Depth 65.6%, Polish EX, Symmetry VG, Fluor None

cushion3a.JPG

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Happy Anniversary and you have a wonderful ring! :appl: :appl: :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow, that is a beautiful ring :) please post more pictures if you get a chance!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Amazing...what a great experience and a stunning piece!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: More pics please!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hand pics please!!!!

cheers--Sharon

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Its stunning!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Hand shots please :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous :love: Happy Anniversary!

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congrats on your anniversary, please post more pictures and handshots soon! This ring deserves a thread of its own over in the SMTB forum! :love:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
So gorgeous!! Please post more pics!! Congratulations and happy anniversary!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Wowsers, we need more photos of that ring!! :love:

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning. Wear it in good health! :))

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wowsers! That is a gorgeous stone! So glad to hear that your experience with Perry was so positive! Could we please get a ton more photos? And handshots???

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I didn't know they did consignment as well? But in any case, let's see some handshots !

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely drop dead beautiful :love: :love: :love: Congratualtions on 36 years and a fabulous gift to show for all those years" :appl:

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Happy Anniversary. I am glad you had such a positive experience. Your ring is so beautiful and elegant.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, just stunning. PLEASE post more pics! Can't wait to see the facet structure of that beauty up close and personal.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is stunning! :lickout:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: Happy anniversary, too! We will have our 35th late this year!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
An absolutely stunning ring!!! We definitely need more pictures!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's absolutely gorgeous-wow! Congratulations on your anniversary, and wear it in good health!

And thanks for posting your experience-it sounds like it went as smoothly as it could!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a good transaction and your ring is gorgeous.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1314475215|3001899 said:
Wow, I didn't know they did consignment as well? But in any case, let's see some handshots !

Doesn't sound like traditional consignment. Perry took her diamond out onto 47th street and sold it to another dealer.

katushka

Rough_Rock
That is such a beautiful cushion, so much personality and lovely proportions! Please post more pics!

Just curious—what color was your radiant?

MiriamS

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your generous comments and good wishes. I will try to take/post more pictures soon, but
right now I have lots and lots of water, and no power, to contend with.

Katuska, my old stone was a GIA graded E.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results