shape
carat
color
clarity

Peridot or Green Tourmaline

xbsd

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have been looking for an approximately 4 ct Peridot or Green Tourmaline that is loupe-clean (no marks), deep green with no yellowish tint, etc - essentially a high quality Peridot/Green Tourmaline. I found a number of sellers on eBay that seem to be selling "100% Natural Peridot" at very low prices (~ $ 10) while the jewellery stores sell Peridot stones at a much higher price range ($400+). As a new buyer with minimal knowledge of these stones, it would be of great help if you could advise -

a) where can I find reliable merchants who sell genuine (certified?) Peridot/Green Tourmaline Stones; and
b) Are the stones selling on eBay for these low prices genuine ... they all claim a 100% natural product with a money-back guarantee.

Thanks,

- Raj.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff Davies is my go-to eBay CS vendor, however, he is winding down his eBay shop to concentrate on his own web store.

He currently has a number of Peridot listed in his site, however, they are all below 4ct in rounds and ovals.

http://jefferydavies.com/categories/peridot/

It is worth contacting him to see if he has anything bigger, and ask him about the cost of certification at the same time.

His non-precision cutting is very good, and precision-cut stones are even better, of course (and cost a bit more too).

He is very nice to work with, highly recommended.

DK :))

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Jeff Davies has offered a lot of nice Peridot in the past. The ones he currently has have a lot of yellow in them. Peridot always seems to have yellow and/or brown in it. So finding one with a pure green, without any secondary hues, will be extremely difficult.

Tourmaline can come in nice greens, with less discernible secondary hues. Nice green Tourmalines that arent overly dark are much pricier than Peridot, if you can find one that meets your requirements.

The recommended vendors list is a good place to start your search. I'd stay away from Ebay vendors for the time being.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

xbsd

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for the suggestions !!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results