shape
carat
color
clarity

Peridot HELP PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pave

Rough_Rock
Hello All!
I am thinking about getting a peridot engagement ring but need your help as I know virtually nothing about Peridot and I don''t want to sound like an idiot when I speak with the jeweler.
Please tell me what I need to know to make an informed choice. Do the 4 c''s exist for colored stones? Is cut most important? Is it a durable stone? How expensive could a 2 carat peridot be? And I''d love to see pictures of any peridot rings you might have.
Thank you in advance!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Hmm peridot... Hmmm... I love the color of peridot.. but it may be a BIT soft for an ering.. how about a tzavorite. I am not saying that it will not be gorgeous.. but just a little soft to wear day in and day out.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
there has been some recent discussions re peridot....have you used the search feature here at pricescope to pull those up?

movie zombie

ps welcome to the world of color!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
HEY MZ.. hope everything is great...!!

I second that... Welcome to the world of color~

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

pave

Rough_Rock
Yes, I did do a search on peridot on this website but I did not find the specific information I was looking for so I started this post. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine, re ''great'': cast came off last friday and now i''m walking for reals....but with some pain. doctor says another month......sigh.

back to color: check out the 8.09 peridot richard wise[[www.rwwise.com] has listed for a ''mere'' $2427....cut by John Dyer....stunning! absolutely stunning! almost enough to get one to reconsider orange....
emsmile.gif
high end peridot, as with all high end stones, comes with high prices.

some have opted for green tourmaline..........

movie zombie

pave

Rough_Rock
I'm bummed to think that it might be too soft. I'll have to check out tzavorite or green tourmaline. For some reason, I am not a fan of emerald. Any other recommendations appreciated.
Thanks!
And you're right MZ, that extremely large peridot is gorgeous!!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
feel to ask specific questions.....we love color over here....so much so that many of us don''t consider diamonds an option.....unless they''re in color!

movie zombie

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Check out this link... I love this ring!!

http://www.jewelryexpert.com/catalog/Trillium-Tsavorite-Engraved-Ring.htm

pave

Rough_Rock
MINE,
That is a beautiful ring!

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another stone you may look into is a Chrysoberyl. They have a harness of 8.5, and a high refractive index. Usually they are not really large, but you should be able to find a 2 ct stone. The color can range into a the lime greens.. will have more sparkle than a peridot too.

pave

Rough_Rock
So now I have new gems to explore:
Tsavorite
Green Tourmaline
Chrysoberyl

Are there any other green stones you can recommend???
Thanks!

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There is a long list of green gemstones but not many that would hold up for an engagement ring unless you expected to change out the stone every few years.

Chrome tourmaline is different than other green tourmaline and is more a true green
Tsavorite is good as is chrysoberyl if you can find the right color green.

There are some green sapphires which are most durable but finding a nice one with good color is again difficult. Most are quite dark.

It is a good thing that you don''t like emerald. I think they are beautiful but an emerald is also not a good stone for en engagement ring.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic of my 2 carat peridot. it was jsut over $200, and that included work on the setting!! (Not the setting itself, just replacing of the head).

treysrperidot1-1.jpg

pave

Rough_Rock
Treysar,
That is a beautiful ring!!!

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 6:59:34 PM
Author: treysar
Here''s a pic of my 2 carat peridot. it was jsut over $200, and that included work on the setting!! (Not the setting itself, just replacing of the head).

Nice peridot treysar.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results