shape
carat
color
clarity

Peridot Heart Pendant

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore this peridot heart. It's set in sterling silver, and the chain is a silver Asprey chain that belonged to my mother. The cut of the heart is named a convex cut. I bought the pendant because I liked its color, but I have no idea if this is considered a high-quality hue or not. I'd be interested in the opinion of color experts! I love the way that peridot is completely un-enhanced. The paler photos where it looks more yellow are in daylight, but it looks much more deep grass-green in real life like the first photo. Enjoy! xxx

dscn0014.jpg

dscn0031.jpg

dscn0032.jpg

dscn0038.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More.

dscn0041.jpg

dscn0044.jpg

dscn0052.jpg

dscn0054.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More.

dscn0062.jpg

dscn0067.jpg

dscn0068.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last two.

dscn0070.jpg

dscn0074.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mr148th|1453237084|3978103 said:
Wow what a beauty. I love the design and color!

Thank so much! I don't have any vibrant green pieces like this and I love it - usually wear it with black.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous, especially on. :love:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Small and cute. Love it and the color is mesmerizing.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pretty setting and I love peridot stones!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the color in that stone, not a CS person, but that is nice--congrats! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Jamba, that looks great on you! It's a beautiful pendant! :appl: What a great find! :clap:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJSmom - thank you! I've never been one for color but feel very good when I wear it - nice vibrant touch!

CravingDiamonds - thanks! In real life, I think the brightness of the color makes it look bigger.

Kathley - thank you! I'm fussy about peridots - I don't like a lot of them with yellow undertones. I prefer the cooler green shades. I know this heart looks yellow-ish in some shots but it's actually a cool grass green/sea green as seen in the non-daylight shots.

sarahb - thanks! I'm not a CS person either. I have no idea if the color is meant to be a good one or not. I just know I liked it! It's a pity that some of the shots make it look like it as yellow undertones, as it doesn't really.

Rockinruby - thank you! The color really pops.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For further info, the heart is about 10 x 9 mm, which is about 3.5 carats.

I think the thick-gauge chain makes it look like a David Yurman piece. Sometimes I wear it with a delicate white gold chain, too.

I wish there was more heart-shaped jewelry out there. I love gemstone hearts.

ETA: The real-life color of this heart is the second-to-last photo, marked 70.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumped in the hope that Chrono will see it and give me her opinion on the color!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful vibrant green and I love the silver on the sides of the stone. It makes for a nice silhouette around the heart shape. Looks beautiful on too!

abbit

Rough_Rock
That is beautiful. I like how the setting accentuates the shape and protects the stone. I looks like a great every day piece.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very classy setting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there! I've been away all week so I appreciate the call out here. I think it's a fair price for the piece. The size, cut and colour, coupled with the setting is more than reasonable. The concave cutting helps it stand out from the millions of commercial peridot out there. Enjoy your new pendant. :appl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Chrono! I really am not good at seeing different hues and tones or know anything about what's meant to be the most valuable color, but I just bought with my eyes, and I liked what I saw! It definitely gives a great pop of color. Kiki McDonough sells an amazing heart peridot pendant, admittedly set in 18k with a little halo of diamonds, but it's about $3,300! Mine isn't as nice as hers, but considering the huge price difference, I think mine gives it some stiff competition!

Stay warm and safe in the storm!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, JDDN! I wasn't sure about it at first, but when I tried it on I thought, oh yeah that's really nice. I agree about the heart-shape being nicely silhouetted - that's the thing about heart shapes, unless they're well-defined by the cut and the setting, you can't really see that it's a heart. Sometimes they can look more like a splotch!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
abbit|1453511223|3980000 said:
That is beautiful. I like how the setting accentuates the shape and protects the stone. I looks like a great every day piece.

Thanks so much, abbit! I don't usually wear bright colors but this one does pop! I like the way the setting defines the heart, too. I thought it was a unique piece when I saw it, so I snapped it up. It wasn't very expensive, either.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1453520189|3980064 said:
Very classy setting.

Thank you, pregcurious! I only really just noticed from looking at these large photos that the silver billows out on the sides only, and accentuates the heart shape. I'm pleased with it for the price, although I'd be lying if I said I didn't hugely lust after the Kiki McDonough version in 18k with a diamond halo. But at 3.3k for peridot, that's not gonna happen. No siree. Crazy price. This heart was only $139, and it's not small either, 10x9mm.

:wavey:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so pretty. I love the color and that setting is great.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jamba- you have so many beautiful pieces. One of these days I'd love to see your whole collection!! :naughty: :appl: :bigsmile:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, JDDN! I have things I haven't gotten around to showing yet, like the Faberge Paris egg in my avatar, a sapphire and diamond necklace, a diamond maple leaf from Maison Birks, a Brian Gavin DBTY solitaire, some Tiffany Luce earrings in 18k, my collection of pearls, some African silver jewelry made by a sculptor in Zimbabwe, and I'm sure there's more. Yes, I will have to do a family shot at some point!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
KaeKae|1453572640|3980314 said:
It's so pretty. I love the color and that setting is great.

Thank you KaeKae! :wavey:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1453653624|3980697 said:
Thanks, JDDN! I have things I haven't gotten around to showing yet, like the Faberge Paris egg in my avatar, a sapphire and diamond necklace, a diamond maple leaf from Maison Birks, a Brian Gavin DBTY solitaire, some Tiffany Luce earrings in 18k, my collection of pearls, some African silver jewelry made by a sculptor in Zimbabwe, and I'm sure there's more. Yes, I will have to do a family shot at some point!

OMG......those sound absolutely amazing, I cannot wait to see!!!!! :love: :love: :love: I have always loved your avatar and wow, I didn't know it was a Faberge Paris egg though. You have exquisite taste!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, JDDN! Don't get too excited though - Faberge Paris isn't the same as the original Faberge! (I know the name is supposed to have an accent on the "e" but I can't see how to do it in the PS text box.) The original antique stuff where you pay a fortune for beat-up old eggs with holes in them (I'm no antique collector) is pre-Revolution, the items that were made in Imperial Russia before the tsars were overthrown in 1917. The sons of Carl Faberge went to Paris and set up Faberge et Cie Paris in 1924, and used the trademark "FABERGE, PARIS" to distinguish between items the company made in Russia pre-Revolution and those made in Paris by Faberge et Cie. They operated in Paris until 2001 but lost the right to use the Faberge Paris trademark in 1984 in a lawsuit against Faberge, Inc. Mine is a modern egg, I guess from the early eighties, so it's not crazy expensive like Faberge antiques. It's quite new and pristine, but the quality is wonderful - the diamonds are sparkly like BGD melee, the way they are set is obviously top-notch, and the enameling is a dream - webs and weaves of different shades of green, like a well-organized sea. It might not have been made in Russia by an identifiable workmaster, like the original items, but IMO the quality and level of workmanship is unmistakably Faberge.

Now I'll have to get my camera out and stop teasing, won't I!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results