shape
carat
color
clarity

Peridot Asscher from Peter Torraca

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting the link! I did find my way to his flikr site -- that was a very nice way to spend a half hour or so!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very unusual peridot - I would have guessed a mint garnet or something like that.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen such a pretty peridot before!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s very pretty!!

knitwit

Rough_Rock
Another awesome Asscher...just bought a Peter cut Asscher myself and I am waiting *ANXIOUSLY* for the setting to arrive to have it set. My asscher love is all the fault of PS.
9.gif

That is a gorgeous, gorgeous color. It screams "IT''S SPRING". Looking forward to seeing you post your choice of setting.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 6:18:55 AM
Author: knitwit
Another awesome Asscher...just bought a Peter cut Asscher myself and I am waiting *ANXIOUSLY* for the setting to arrive to have it set. My asscher love is all the fault of PS.
9.gif

That is a gorgeous, gorgeous color. It screams ''IT''S SPRING''. Looking forward to seeing you post your choice of setting.
Hi knitwit!

Your Asscher is amazing and I can''t wait to see her in her new home!

Asscher cuts are my passion and I hope to have a rainbow of colors in my collection....so far, so good. This one is extra special because it is my birthstone.

Guess what? I had contacted Jeff White about cutting an asscher peridot for me, before I saw this one, and he got back to me yesterday. Turns out that he bought some of the same rough, at Tucson, and is going to cut another Asscher for me. I don''t know what the size will be yet, but he says it is more of a minty color....YAY!
9.gif

Lori

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 2:49:28 PM
Author: loriken214

Date: 3/18/2009 11:48:00 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
It kind of reminds me of this one from Jeff White. Really nice color!

http://www.whitesgems.com/gallery/PER001.htm
Hi TL!

Is sure does! See my post about Jeff White''s rough.....he''s cutting an Asscher for me!
36.gif

Lori
What post? What is he cutting for you, or is that a surprise?
27.gif

Regardless of the fact that it''s an asscher, I think the color speaks for itself and it would look great no matter what the shape.
9.gif
The shape is not the reason I love the stone, but it''s the unique color.
30.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 2:48:24 PM
Author: loriken214

Date: 3/19/2009 6:18:55 AM
Author: knitwit
9.gif

That is a gorgeous, gorgeous color. It screams ''IT''S SPRING''. Looking forward to seeing you post your choice of setting.
Hi knitwit!

Your Asscher is amazing and I can''t wait to see her in her new home!

Asscher cuts are my passion and I hope to have a rainbow of colors in my collection....so far, so good. This one is extra special because it is my birthstone.

Guess what? I had contacted Jeff White about cutting an asscher peridot for me, before I saw this one, and he got back to me yesterday. Turns out that he bought some of the same rough, at Tucson, and is going to cut another Asscher for me. I don''t know what the size will be yet, but he says it is more of a minty color....YAY!
9.gif

Lori
TL,

Here''s what I posted in earlier in this thread. It will be another asscher, but I don''t know the size yet. I may see if Jeff has enough to cut a RB, too.
9.gif

Lori

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you''ll have a pair!! Are you planning on earrings, ring and pendant?
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure sounds like you''ll be getting an asscher peridot suite!
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Interesting color--cool stone!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 2:38:59 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 3/18/2009 2:23:04 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
It''s gorgeous!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

I emailed Peter about the Peridot when I first saw it (probably when Gailey posted it), but someone had already gotten to it first, so we started talking about the Scap. Guess they decided against it or returned it. Either way, Lori - I''m glad you got it!!!!!!
Lauren, you make a good point. I always make a point of saying, ''please let me know if it gets returned'', whenever I am interested in a sold gem these days. That''s how I got the Malaya garnet.
6.gif
Guessing that was me! Loooooved the color, but in the end I was too nervous about peridot in a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results