shape
carat
color
clarity

Perfect size for diamond earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maryam

Rough_Rock
What do you think is the perfect size for diamond earrings -- everyday wear? 1CTW? More? Less? I don''t need to wear a suit to work every day but it is a professional environment. What do you think looks nicest?

Thank you!

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
I like your preferance of 1crt total weight. Also very popular

Johan

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
On myself, anything between .75ctw - 1.00ctw. Just enough to grab attention to them..

Maryam

Rough_Rock
thanks for the feedback! Do you think that bigger than 1 cTW looks a little too much? What if they are not studs but on lever backs just below the lobes?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, diamond studs--congrats! I think this is a very personal opinion/decision--if you ask 50 people, you might get 50 answers on what''s the "ideal" size for studs.

I think you''d also see more consensus on the color/clarity tolerances in studs. Still keeping with well cut stones, you can go to J and K colors and SI1-SI2, and even good I1 clarity in some cases, because stones in the ears do not get viewed as closely as ring stones do--from 2 ft away the J, SI2 is going to look very very much like the F, VS2 if the stones are well cut and sparkle. This is personal prefernce too, and there is nothing "wrong" with wanted VS, F studs if that''s what you like!
1.gif

I am a bling girl--my dream studs are about 1 ct in each ear.I suggest, as I always do, to try on examples of the different sizes and see what you like, even if you use CZs in the correct mm sizes.

Good luck & don''t forget to post the final product!
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
If you like the size of 1c tcw, then you will save quite a bit of change if you went slightly smaller - like each diamond being about .42-.43 points a piece.

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi,

The correct size diamond earrings to give will be just a little bit bigger than any of her friends or co-workers.
1.gif

I may be biased, but in my vast empirical experience, I have found most diamond earring recipients to be in nearly unanimous agreement.
1.gif

Only slightly tongue in cheek.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2004 12
6.gif
3:26 PM
Author: Brian Knox
Hi,

The correct size diamond earrings to give will be just a little bit bigger than any of her friends or co-workers.
1.gif

I may be biased, but in my vast empirical experience, I have found most diamond earring recipients to be in nearly unanimous agreement.
1.gif

Only slightly tongue in cheek.
HI:

LOL! This is as funny as it is true
emthup.gif

My sister recently bought some earrings, 2.15 CTW and naturally loves them; and in applying Brian''s size comparison theory, I deduce they look superior to her best friends 2.00 CTW studs.
2.gif

That said, I think my 1.05 CTW earrings are fab b/c of their super cut and high clarity and color. To each his own!

cheers

Sharon

sdm

Rough_Rock
I recently bought some diamond stud earrings from Good Old Gold, and my biggest debate was what size to get. I bought .675 cttw. I just posted pics and my ''story'' in the Show Me the Ring folder, (Topic: Show me the earrings), if you want to take a look.
It''s a lot of fun researching what to get. If you do a word search on Pricescope, you can find many other threads about earrings, sizes, types of backs, etc.
Enjoy your search!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had 1ctw originally, now I have .76ctw and these look just as big as my old ones, cut makes a huge difference! :)

I''d love to get 2ctw each eventually...but I think that may be my max for ''daily wear''. Though I have to say..I secretly covet J. Simpson''s awesome 8ctw monsters....but I would never really admit it.
9.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I have diamond studs with a total wt. of 1.04. I love them. They are I-SI1s and face white and sparkle like crazy. My dream would be 1ct in each ear
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Of course, that said, after I had those I''m sure I''d want bigger
11.gif

bluepetal

Rough_Rock
I like 1.5 in each ear!!

diamondclown

Rough_Rock
Can you have diamond earrings made with posts that are nickel free?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results