shape
carat
color
clarity

Perfect ring + Perfect man = Perfect Engagement- pictures inside!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies!!

We''re engaged! It happened on Valentine''s evening!

Here''s the story:

My SO just got back from Germany after months of living there, and I was up at his parent''s house visiting him for Valentine''s weekend. Valentines morning, I was sitting downstairs eating my breakfast in my PJs when he gave me my present- inside was a sweet card, some chocolate... and a small square jewelry box. Thinking this was "it", I slowly opened the box, and found a key inside. He told me that I had to hold on to the key for later, so I did. Later that afternoon, we went shopping and did a few other mundane things (all the while holding onto my key). That evening, we had rented a room at the Westin in Alexandria, VA. We left early to go get ready there. I took my time, made sure my makeup was perfect and curled my hair, and put on my fabulous red dress. We went down to the hotel bar and had a glass of wine and then took a cab to a fabulous French restaurant in the Old Towne. The food was WONDERFUL and we split a bottle of wine- listening to the violenist play around the restaurant. The table behind us had a beautiful bouquet of roses delivered, and I commented on how sweet it was. SO told me not to worry and that "my night had just begun."

After dinner, we took a cab back to the hotel and we went inside the room, where I found flowers and chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of champagne, candles, a bed covered in rose petals, and a small metal mailbox with a lock on it. He lit the candles and asked me if I still had my key (which I did). He told me to open the lock on the mailbox. I found a letter inside and he told me to read it. It was a very sweet note and at the end it said, "Look up, because I just have one more question to ask you." That''s when he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was crying so hard that I couldn''t even see the ring! But, he had a CD player in the room too and we danced and drank champagne together. I was TRULY the most perfect engagement I could have imagined.

The funny thing is, I told him not to propose to me on Valentine''s because I thought that it was cliche'', but by the end of the night, I was really hoping that he would b/c the night had been so perfect, and he did! I couldn''t be happier!

Enjoy the pictures!!

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a wonderful story!!!
1.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
congrats!!!!!
how sweet - i cannot wait to see pictures! everything sounded wonderful!!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
This is the Ritani Endless Love halo in platinum. The ring size is a 5.5. The center stone is an ideal cut, 1.06 ct, G, VS1, GIA certified round brilliant. It''s PERFECT!

ajsE2.jpg

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
OMG Congratulations! Your ring is amazing (my favorite halo setting!) and your proposal sounds like it was absolutely perfect.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
The flower shot

ajsE3.jpg

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
It''s BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congrats again!!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
A greenery shot.

ajsE4.jpg

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
A red flower shot.

ajsE5.jpg

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance''!

ajsE6.jpg

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
More flowers!

ajsE7.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Such a sweet proposal story, and a gorgeous ring! Yay!!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
The key!

ajsE9.jpg

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
The hand shot!

ajsE10.jpg

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
The rose petals on the bed!

ajsE11.jpg

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
oh wow congrats Amanda I have been waiting for a while to hear you good new! That proposal is one of the sweetest I have ever heard!

You ring is absolutely beautiful!

See you over at BWW
9.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
The champange!

ajsE12.jpg

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
The roses & tulips.

ajsE13.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful story and engagement ring!! Congratulations!!!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Another hand shot!

ajsE14.jpg

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Last photo!

ajsE15.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
such wonderful pictures!! :)

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Gahhh, your story is KILLING me girl! That is like, the best proposal ever. I would DIE to have the exact same story and in fact have imagined that sort of proposal many times. I am so excited for you! What a great guy you have. Stunning ring, by the way!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh! Congratulations!!! That is a really wonderful story!! How sweet!

That ring is GORGEOUS!!! More pics! I''m so happy for you!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Amanda.Rx Congratulations!!!! I am a very part-time lurker on LIW, but read your story and just had to respond!

I got engaged at a Westin, too, here in Detroit! So funny, all Westins must look just the same, because your engagement pics look JUST like mine (right down to the lamps at the bedside).

Your ring is beautiful, congratulatons again!!!

katica

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, your ring is gorgeous!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful ring and beautiful story!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! What a wonderful story!!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Awww! I just got a little tear in my eye reading your amazing engagement story. Your ring is just beautiful! Congratulations!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Perfect, congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results