shape
carat
color
clarity

Perfect Princess -- Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Almost engaged

Rough_Rock
I know this is a popular question...what makes an "ideal cut" princess? I have the AGA chart. But what are the most important aspects of it to get the most brilliant diamond?

Also we have one we are looking at that seems to good to be true..maybe you can tell me if it is?

1.6 ct
F color
VS1
76.7% D
73% T
Vg. Pol.
Gd. Symetry
GIA cert.

$9850

It''s through a whole-seller in Houston. When we checked out jewelery stores they said it''s impossibe to find a good diamond that cheap, and that the cut must be bad.

We are thinking of buying it and taking it to an independant apprasier - any good ones you know in Houston, TX?? Then returning it in the 10-day window if it''s bad. Is this a good idea?? HELP!! The jeweler wants to sell it to someone else today - and we don''t want to lose out, but also don''t want to get a bad deal!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
That stone is WAY too deep! Look for a stone with a depth no higher than 75% (I prefer high 60's to mid 70's), a table that is 3-5% smaller than the depth (at least no more than equal to the depth (high 60's to low 70's)), a crown of >10%, and VG-EX on polish and symmetry.

bearman49

Rough_Rock
That is a very good price. What are the measurements.

If they are square and not too rectangular, jum on it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results