shape
carat
color
clarity

Perfect Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NDSWMR

Rough_Rock
I''ve been reading through the site for the past month and have learned a lot. I finally think I have decided what I am looking for.

During my search, I have seen the savings that can be found using an online retailer. I am looking at Whiteflash, Good Old Gold and James Allen. Since I want to make sure this ring is perfect, I am worried about not seeing it before being purchased. Therefore, I am most interested in which company gives the best up front advice and if I am unhappy with my purchase the easiest to work with in finding a different diamond.

Here is what I am looking for and this has been narrowed down thanks to all I have read on this website.

Cut: Round with Hearts and Arrows
Color: G (Looking for a high rated G)
Clarity: VS2 or Eye Clean SI1 (Was told there is no real difference to naked eye from a high rated SI1 up to VVS1)
Carat: 1.10-1.30

Thank you for the help during this exciting time in my life.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
budget? and the vendors you listed are all exceptional, I personally have dealt with WF and they were upfront honest and easy to deal with.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Budget?

NDSWMR

Rough_Rock
Up to $10,000 with platinum setting included.

From looking I think I could find something in the $8-9,000 range.

Thanks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Old Gold is the only one that I know of that has a colorimeter and can check to see if the color is in the high or low range. You should be fine with G color, though! That is an excellent choice! I''d add Brian Gavin Diamonds to your list to check, also.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lot''s of choices for your budget and specs. No way to say if a stone is high G or not in color. Add HighperformanceDiamond into the list of vendor to search for too.

NDSWMR

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help. After reviewing these sites I''ll post the diamonds to get some advice. Thanks again.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good hunting.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2009 10:56:52 AM
Author: NDSWMR
Thanks for your help. After reviewing these sites I''ll post the diamonds to get some advice. Thanks again.
Most welcome!

NDSWMR

Rough_Rock
As mentioned above, I am going to purchase online and have begun the process of looking at different sites.

However, I have gone into a few different B&M stores to get a better idea of things.

Today, I looked at a 1.23ct, VS2, G, Excellent with IGI certification and a 1.18ct, VS1, G, 0 (Ideal) with AGS certification as well as numerous other ones that I did not like. I did not like the other diamonds because they were noticeably yellower when compared to these two diamonds.

Between the two diamonds, the 1.23 seemed to have a better color while the 1.18 I noticied to be yellowish when they were side by side. I asked the jeweler why I am seeing this when they are both graded G and her response was the 1.23 probably had a conservative grade to it and was most likely closer to a E or F. Also, she went on to mention that the 1.18 due to its Ideal cut could actually cause me to see a slight color difference. Something having to do with allowing more light in that will affect the brilliance and fire. Is this correct?

I know the cut is the most important aspect of the diamond, however the 1.23 looked nicer to be than the 1.18 with the better cut. Nicer in the since of color and overall sparkle.

So my question is, as I shop the different sites, if I want a Hearts and Arrows cut, is this going to cause the color to look any different? I''ve decided on the size and clarity, but want to make sure about the cut and color.

Thanks for the help.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you look at it in different lighting conditions?

NDSWMR

Rough_Rock
I viewed it in natural light, not the overhead lights in the jewelry store. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results