shape
carat
color
clarity

People Are Eating Tide Pods

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked my college age daughter. She thought it was some stupid internet joke. When I told her how there are kids actually doing it, she said: "Well that's just stupid."
She's so right, but unfortunately, teens and even college age kids aren't know to always make the right choices.
I'm old enough to remember having your mouth washed out with soap as an experience you wanted to avoid.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
American answer to Russian roulette challenge?

Last edited:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do look delicious.... like little squishy juice filled gummy treats.
And the container looks like a candy jar.
But, yeah, they are idiots. I don't feel sorry for them

Yes, they're idiots and old enough to know better.

But as you point out, the pods do look like candy in a candy jar.

Tide has been giving the "they should know better" response.

Personally I think Tide and (and other detergent manufacturers) should stop making the pods look so darn attractive to young kids.... the fad among teenagers and young adults will die off on its own, but as long as the pods look as pretty and intriguing as they do, the attractiveness factor and danger will remain for babies and toddlers.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I think Tide and (and other detergent manufacturers) should stop making the pods look so darn attractive to young kids.... the fad among teenagers and young adults will die off on its own, but as long as the pods look as pretty and intriguing as they do, the attractiveness factor and danger will remain for babies and toddlers.

Yes. And it will be expensive for them, so they will need an incentive and/or a push. Of course we, the consumers, will "eat" the cost in the long run, but they need to redo their designs. They also need to find something that will still appeal to housewives although not to toddlers. Does anyone have any ideas on what might do that? Unfortunately glitter and bling will draw the eye of a baby as well as the eye of a housewife...or a Ph.D in Physics who likes her bling. We are not all just housewives, after all. ;))

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, they're idiots and old enough to know better.

But as you point out, the pods do look like candy in a candy jar.

Tide has been giving the "they should know better" response.

I’ll just leave this here http://www.collegehumor.com/video/7044135/dont-eat-the-laundry-pods

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results