shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendants Using Leftover Stones

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I wind down year of addictive gem buying addiction and "project" fun (thanks to PS), I find myself with leftover gems. While most were learner stones, there were a handful of small inexpensive versions of my favorite stones. At one time, I envisioned making cluster style rings but I have way too many rings.

So inspired in part by @mrs-b 's use of leftover diamonds in her doo-dad pendant, I took my favorite remaining stones to one of my jewelers and told him that my goal was to make two good sized pendants - 1 in white gold, 1 in yellow gold...maybe add some small diamonds as fillers if needed.

Outside of a price range and minimum pendant size, I left the design was completely up to him.

I got a call yesterday to let me know they were done. He said they look amazing (and in fact, offered to buy the stones from me so he could keep the pendants to sell in his shop). I should have them in hand later next week but thought I would share the pictures sent.

Pendant #1
Grey spinel from Precision Gem, mix of red/pink spinels (Mahenge, Burma), green paraiba tourmalines and demantoid garnets. The number of diamonds put this over budget but I do love the end result.
Round Pendant CAD.jpg
Round Pendant.jpg

Pendant #2
Lotus Garnet cut by Precision Gem and all my leftover kornerupines with a few diamonds sprinkled in. Simpler to stay in budget but I love the color combination (already have a ring from Yvonne with the same colors).
Oval_Pendant CAD.jpg
oval pendant.jpg

Next project: Destashing....

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!
Love love love
:love:

I see why your jeweler wanted to keep them. What a compliment that is. Plus it really shows how invested they were in the project. That’s priceless.

I hope you will show us neck shots?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I am generally not a fan of mixing various colored gemstones, but I would kill (well, maybe not kill, lol) to wear the yellow gold pendant! They are both gorgeous!!

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
I *adore* these! Who’s your jeweler?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, these both turned out so well! They both have a lovely celestial quality.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @lovedogs @musicloveranthony @Rfisher @mrs-b @MamaBear @lala646 @Garnetgirl @minousbijoux @JackTrick @dreamer_dachsie for the kind words!

I will take more shots when they arrive (not sure about neck shots -- no one wants to see my fat my neck lol. In fact, I wanted larger pendants so I could wear them lower on a longer chain).

The pieces were designed and made by Avaniee Jewels. They often have a booth at the Intergem shows. Jaimeen from Prima introduced me to Sam, the owner, years ago. I like that I can discuss our projects in person and then he has my pieces made overseas (in India) on his next trip over...combines in-person experience with lower mfg costs.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, and I can understand why he shot his shot.
I'd want to keep them, too:lol:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I love them!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well from on fat neck to another I personally would LOVE to see photos of you wearing these pieces.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Mreader and @ItsMainelyYou !

@dreamer_dachsie I made these specifically to wear on a 22 inch chain with higher necklines....why I wanted them to be on the larger size. I will post pics (it may be awhile, or not, as I will be traveling quite a bit over the next month).

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They arrived today!

Pictures don't show how much these sparkly and how vibrant the spinels/paraibas/demantoids are...but here are more pics (all were taken indoors at night..I live in an old Victorian with crappy lights).

First, a few more of the pendants:
both in box.jpg both red mat.jpg round.jpg oval.jpg

I love that they added enhancer bails...I may not wear them with the tourmaline and pearls shown but thinking it would be fun to make some beaded kumihimo chains in different colors to go with the pendants. both enhancer.jpg
For those into the details...here are side and back shots:
side.jpg
back.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now...to the size... be prepared...they are BIG, lol...but EXACTLY what I was hoping for so I could wear them on a long chain over turtle necks and with long tunics (my biggest fear was that they would be too small and get lost for intended wear - no worries here!).

Hand shots (and I do NOT have small, dainty hands...size 8 fingers lol)
round hand.jpg oval hand.jpg

Dreaded...neck shots, lol.

round neck.jpg oval neck.jpg

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
They are amazing!!!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love:I love 'em and you really can interchange with all manner of chains. Signature pieces, for sure.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Those are so cool! I had no idea they were that large! Wow! I was thinking the gold one was the size of a dime or nickel lol.

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
absolutely iconic. statement pieces!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them and the proportions are so perfect! They look wonderful worn and thank you so much for posting those pictures for us!!

I love a really large scale pendant. These ones are positively lux and suite your collection perfectly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results