shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendants Galore!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I am hoping others will show their pendant eye-candy here. I just got my new pendant design back from Oscar''s in LA yesterday, and it came out exactly like I wanted. It makes the diamond look huge!

The center stone is a rectangular princess cut diamond, uncertified, estimated to be H in color, VS1 clarity. I didn''t like the rectangular shape that it had as a pendant before, so I ripped out a page out of a magazine and had Oscar copy the design (unkown designer). The bale has two two point round stones channel set. On each side of the princess are three pave set round diamonds that are about a point 1/2 each. The pave set stones are set a bit lower than the center stone for a nice three dimensional look.

Since the center stone was mine, the setting and design and extra stone charge was only $250, which I thought was great. I hope anyone that has a pendant to show off will post them here. I just love looking at other people''s sparkly things!
love.gif

pend2.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Last one

pend4.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that I am proud of my new Regent..finally! Here is mine.
1.gif

.37c H VS2 Regent set into a 4 prong basket platinum setting set on a 18" platinum chain.

love.gif

Regent finished 2.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's mine. Not the best photo but until I get a better photo, this will have to do
1.gif

It's a D VS2, .38, set in platinum, "Tiffany by the Yards" style.

Was the original stone in my mom's engagement ring picked out by my dad who's now deceased, so it's greatly sentimental. I'm so glad it's in my hands. My mom sent it to me to PAWN it if you can believe it
6.gif
sad.gif

Michelle

tifonneck2.jpg

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
The diamond in this pendant is from a previous engagement.
2.gif
It's 1.20 ct I, I1. When I had it set in this pave bezel I decided to get the matching earrings as well. They were originally designed as studs which I had altered to drops. Earrings are .30 ctw each. F/G VS1. All are 18k white gold from the wonderful people at Carelle.

DSCN0847a.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute set, Fuffi!

Michelle

Boom

Shiny_Rock
This is mine. I got it from Tiffany's a few years ago and it is my fav pendant. Does't flip and doesn't hike up.

I also have another solitaire pendant made from DH's grandmother's diamond. It was originally in a pair of earrings but I had it re-set because my ears are not pierced. The jeweller almost laughed in my face because the stones were very low quality, confirming my suspicions, but that's alright cause it's a sentimental piece.
1.gif

12976542_FL_LRG.jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
OK -- here is my poor photography and probably my poor picture loading skills.

This is my original e-ring stone reset last summer in a plat bar. It is a "warmer" stone, K or so in color, and the color shows, but I'm ok with that in a pendant. I may switch it back to yellow gold someday, but for now, I'm having fun with this one. Someday I'll master the photography thing.

necklace w flash.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
These are my most perfect diamonds, the best I'll ever own: tw= 1ct, D IF stones in an invisible tension "flower" setting, 18K white gold. This picture doesn't do it justice--it really sparkles.
1.gif

VVS1.pendant.closeup.1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pendants ladies!!
2.gif
Boom..my mom has the Tiffany heart diamond necklace too, she loves it!
1.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love all those cool designs. It's always nice to see the diversity out there.
10.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is mine. Round brilliant set like the diamonds by the yard line, .62 or .65 H/I VS2, attached to a 16" platinum chain.

109_0901 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the Amethyst pendant I got for Christmas.

Amethyst pendant (2).jpg

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
So far, this is the pendant I wear the most. It was given to me by my hunnie when I was 15 and he was 16 for our first get-together anniversary. At that time it was the greatest treasure to me... and it still is. It's the first jewelery/diamond gift I ever received from him. I've worn it for 10 years now. I would have to say this is the piece that means the "most" to me and is my very favorite. It's is REALLY really small. It has six stones in it. I'm not sure of the total carat weight. But I would guess all of them are .03s and the middle one is .05.

1.gif

crossfar.JPG

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Here's a close up.. I hope it's clear enough to see the small little stones...

I'm actually suprised now that I know more about diamonds how sparkly and clear each of these small stones are. I've looked at them through a loupe and they're crystal clear. And they do have a lot of white sparkles in the right lighting...
3.gif

crossclose.JPG

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Geeze Leota, your hunnie has always had great taste in jewelry, hasn't he!!!! That necklace it really pretty.

In fact all the pendants/necklaces are gorgeous!!

I hope I can get a good shot of mine to post.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that pendant Leota...it's so simple and a different take on the typical diamond cross...love the rounded corners. Very cute.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a heart pendant that my favorite aunt gave me for Christmas a few years ago. She always gives me a piece of jewelry during the holidays.
I don't know the carat weight, but I would guess it to be about 1.0 ctw set in 14k White Gold.

116_1684 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is what it looks like on my neck. It looks very big to me, so I usually don't wear it as I prefer more delicate things on my neck.

116_1677 (2).JPG

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
A wedding present from a childhood friend of my mom's. approx 0.5tcw
5.gif

sanpend.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute, Tomatoe and Kayla!
love.gif
I love heart shaped diamond pendants.

Michelle

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I love that three-stone heart pendant...very different.
1.gif

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
What a neat post! This (assuming the picture uploaded properly) is my heart locket that my boyfriend gave me on our first valentines day together. I apologize for the poor photography and image quality. It also needs to be cleaned really badly, I assure you it is much more bright and lovely in person. It has a floral design around the edges and a diamond in the center. On the back there is a personal message my boyfriend engraved for me, and of course a picture of us on the inside. This is my favorite piece of jewelery, it means the world to me.

edit.JPG

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
wow, ladies, i love all your pendants!

Mara, your regent necklace is beautiful!! I hope you don't mind if I ask, but where did you get yours and how much does a regent of that size cost? I looked on gog's web site, but they don't publish their prices. i would really love to see a regent in person, but i heard they are hard to come by.

thanks!

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
Caratgirl,

I am upgrading my princess cut which is rectangular to a square princess. I want to put my .70 rec princess in a pendant but do not like the rec look as well. Can you describe the setting of your beautiful pendant so I can describe that look to my jeweler? I would like mine to look larger and more as a square as well! Is it tension set or half bezel? It is gorgeous! Also, what is the carat weight. My diamond may look very similar to your pendant!

Thanks!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow Ladies,

Awesome photos..
21.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Josh you should have a pendant too.
2.gif

KPebbles, don't know how I missed your post back earlier this month, sorry!

Anyway, retail value would probably be around $1200. GOG and Wink Jones are the only ones I know who carry them...GOG has a nice selection. One thing..if you get one, be sure the person who sets it is familiar with Regents! My original setting was so dense that it was hiding so much light from the stone. I had GOG re-set it into something much more open, thank god!

For pricing on Regents, I have been told to find a similar sized and spec'd (color & clarity) H&A stone online and that is what the Regent would most likely cost you (but add some $$ in for branding markup). I have found though that the Regents are definitely more expensive than the typical H&A with same specs...so take my note on how to estimate the price with a grain of salt.

I really love my pendant though I will note that it seems hard to set a Regent so that it doesn't inevitably look a bit more round than it really is. I think if the diamond was bigger, it would be more obvious its not round.
2.gif
However, I love it and would get another one hands down in a heartbeat.
2.gif
It's a great size also for everyday wear. Sparkles like the dickens.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Charmed,

That's great, thanks! The pendant is half bezel set (actually one solid bar on the top and bottom that hold the princes). I will be happy to take so real closeups for you, if you like. Can you PM me with your e-mail address so that I can send them to you, probably tomorrow.

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
Hello again caratgirl! I would appreciate it if you could email me a closer shot of your beautiful pendant. How do I PM you? Just tell me how and I will email you my email address.

Thanks so much!!!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Charmed,

Just look at the top of this page, across from the 'Diamond Prices and Grading Q&A Forum'...and click on 'Private Messages', then follow the instructions.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results