shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendants from pins

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Did you know you can get gorgeous vintage stick pins made from platinum and holding all kinds of beautiful stones for almost nothing?? I''m seeing all these beauties transformed into deliciously dangling pendants!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
starting price 29.99

square sapphire stickpin.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
moonstone

blue moonstone pin.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
love knot

love knot pin.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
oh! oh! oh! where??

(standing with CC at the ready)

i want that moonstone!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
all on fleabay!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I''ve looked at those and thought about making a charm necklace. I''ve collected quite a few stickpins over the years.

But I can never get myself to mutilate an innocent piece of jewelry, hard as I try. I tell myself it would make a lovely pendant and would probably be grateful to be worn again, but I just can''t do it.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:54:31 AM
Author: glitterata
Yes, I''ve looked at those and thought about making a charm necklace. I''ve collected quite a few stickpins over the years.

But I can never get myself to mutilate an innocent piece of jewelry, hard as I try. I tell myself it would make a lovely pendant and would probably be grateful to be worn again, but I just can''t do it.
I totally laughed at that!! I understand where you''re coming from. I too, love and adore all of the history of these old pieces. But it breaks my heart when they go unloved and unworn!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
well GEE uppy - stick around - i seem to be buying up most of these homeless types - and i wear ALL of them!

waaaaay too many of them are trying ot beat a path to my door; i have a bid in on ANOTHER one on that evil online sales site!

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

(i am in sooo much trouble with tim...!)

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Pins are a great value, especially if you actually wear them.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Yup, I had a thread about this a few years ago. I had a friend who, at 30-something had NO real jewelry and I was set on finding a pin to make into a pendant for her. Then she met the man of her dreams and got engaged/graduated/married/moved all in about 6 months and I didn''t get to it in time.

So yes, I stalk pins on ebay too and think it''s an awesome idea.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 11:45:57 AM
Author: Upgradable
love knot
Gorgeous. I would love to have a pendant exactly like this! I was just talking this evening about how I wanted a pretty yellow gold pendant
1.gif

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
I almost bought a "converted" stickpin as my e-ring (when we first got engaged it was the first ring I thought of). Lang Antiques has this LOVELY, very unusual .75 M colour pear sort of shield shaped ring. I kept asking questions about it because I couldn''t quite figure out the band (I knew it looked like an orange blossom band and it just looked sort of odd to me that an orange blossom band be with this shield shaped top) Found out that it had "started out life" as a stick pin. I felt that $3,800 was a bit too much for a cobbled together ring but I still think it''s gorgeous......

- Jodie -

stickpinring1.JPG

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
...orange blossom band and side of stick pin head......

stickpinring2.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Mause, that ring is beautiful!! I see what you mean though about "cobbled together." I do like the idea of using a vintage band to create a new piece, but the the two styles clash.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
oooh - very pretty, mausketeer - i really like it! would make a beautiful RHR too

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
It would have been nice to just BUY a ring already made though.... lol.

So are stickpins on a rebound do you think? I remember they were quite popular in the late ''70''s, early ''80''s. We had tons of them that we''d wear with whatever outfit we had on (Annie Hall-ish style). I think that would be really cool if they "came back"....... but then again, you seem to be having a great time getting all these gorgeous antique ones at good prices so maybe not!

- Jodie -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results