shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant settings-sliding or fixed??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I have been obsessing over my pendant setting. I kept thinking I wanted rabbit ears but then I see some setting on PS and I start thinking. Well, overthinking.

Today I was wearing my cheap CZ and I noticed that I grab it and pull it up to my chin and slide the pendant back and forth. I don''t think that''s a good thing to do with a diamond. Aside from the fact that I am getting fingerprints all over my stone, maybe it could weaken the chain.

So, opinions.....thoughts? Is there a safer type of setting vs. fixed rabbit ears?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm, asthetically I like slider pendant, I have both rabbit ears and sliders, and I love my slider, just stream line and sleek, my rabbit ears I feel moves just as much as my sliders if I wear it on a different chain than my snake chain, But then it doesn''t look as great
37.gif
But I''m sure it takes some time to wear down the chain even with the slider. Wear what you want to and love the look of, don''t be too afraid of damaging your chain otherwise you won''t enjoy them, everthing comes with risk imo.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer mine to slide too; it''s so much easier to center it compared to a fixed pendant. Not only that, I can always use the same chain and just change the pendant for a different look.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d rather have pendants I can switch around on a chain. I only have 2 pendants I wear anyway..and I''m petrified of anything happening to them, so once they''re on I try not to touch them.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmm, I like to switch things out too. But then again, it''s my first diamond pendant. Decisions, decisions.

Thank you for input ladies!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There’s always more diamond pendants....and coloured gemstone pendants....and metal design pendants.
11.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Miraclesrule!!!!

You have so many exciting projects going on!
30.gif

Your diamond pendant is going to be HUGE! Have you decided to bezel it or not? You seem to be wavering on the rabbit ears!!!

I have the DBTY pendant and it is fixed, very strong fine plat chain. In your size diamond, it will never ever flip or move due to its weight if made properly. Mine never ever flips or moves. But then again, the smaller DBTY necklace I own does flip all the time because the diamonds are much smaller. You won't have to worry about that in your carat weight!

Oh! If you're thinking about a bezel - did you see the recent reset of someone's lovely diamond pendant? I think it was about .75 and it was reset from a martini style pendant to a sliding bezel. I think the reason for the reset was that it crept up her neck and also migrated a lot from where it was supposed to be.

Let me try to find the thread! The end result was very lovely, if it's your taste.
35.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
OK, how could I have forgotten? *smacks forehead*

It was the lovely katedid!

Here''s the thread: LINKY

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
BLISS!!!!
35.gif

Yep, I am having setting challenges. I like Katedid''s new setting, but not for me. I would like mine to look more like Mara''s super thin bezel.

I think a regular mount is all I need for right now. I just want to make sure I am clear about the "center of gravity" and connection points so that the pendant doesn''t flip up and show everyone''s it''s back side.
14.gif

I have to confirm chain length this weekend so it sits in a sweet spot. I have a new dilemma with the stud settings. GAH!

I want to hurry up, but since I am not back east, I don''t want to have to change my mind once I get them in my hands. Yanno?

Did you pick up your re-sets yet???
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results