shape
carat
color
clarity

pendant questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Ok ladies I have a dilemma. I bought a LOGR pendant that I really like and I was thinking that I would put the Freke diamond in it. However when it arrived today, the stone sits on top of the prongs. Now my question is... how big is too big for a setting? Can the prongs be made to fit around the stone? I think I should also point out that the stone is only like a tenth of a millimeter too big, I think.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you take photos? When you buy a loose setting you can''t always squeeze the gem in under the prongs! Sometimes it will sit on top but it doesn''t necessarily mean the setting is too small. What are the dimensions of the stone and the LOGR?

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I'm trying to get a photo, but it's being difficult. I may have to take it outside. The setting says that it holds up to a 6.0 mm stone, mine is 6.1. The people at LOGR said it should fit. But I've never done this before so I just don't know what it should look like. lol

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes the prongs on the setting gets "bent" or tilted inwards and that may be the case. Are the prongs coming vertically straight up or are the angled upwards? If angled, it might not fit. If it''s straight up, they can be readjusted to fit. A picture would be helpful or bringing it to your local jeweller will give you an answer right away.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be very surprised if it didn''t fit. A .1mm difference between setting and gemstone is normally fine (unless it''s a bezel which from your description it''s not).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will fit

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
well I just took some pics and from the top it looks like it could be made to fit... but when looked at from the side it doesn't look so good. hmmmm I may just have to save this pendant for another project.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results