shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance'' gifted me with this pretty little pendant on our anniversary this year. He said that the green stones were lab created emeralds, but I am not sure about that and suspect maybe another green gemstone. The color just seems a little off to me for emeralds, but maybe I just haven''t seen enough of them?

The stones are in a 10KT setting with a China stamp on the back. The chain is also 10 KT. The overall quality is not the greatest, but that doesn''t matter much to me, I love it!
9.gif
I get complimented on it all the time, most amusingly by a little old lady at Home Depot who chased me down in the Self-Scan area to have a look at it. A few pics:

Bathroom lighting in this picture makes the stones appear a bit darker.
1zn95di.jpg

Looks great against my skin now that I am tan, whatever this is made of seems to glow in natural light. This is draped on my arm for ease of photographing.
1zn9c3l.jpg

Anyway, question: Without knowing for sure what the stones are, what is the best way to clean this 10KT pendant? A warm water and soap bath with a small brush? Jewelry cleaner? I''ve been wearing it a lot this summer and it''s getting a bit dingy, but I didn''t want to go attempting anything yet before I asked. I feel silly for asking, but all of my other pendant necklaces are a higher KT value and have diamonds in them so I just dunk them in the jewelry cleaner. I''d hate to wreck this or scratch the stones up by doing the wrong thing. Advice?

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, that is a very pretty pendant! I love the shade of green! I can''t speak to the lab-created emerald issue, I have a diamond and emerald ring my aunt gave me that has a lab created emerald, and it''s a bit darker.

If you have any doubts, I would use warm sudsy water and a brush.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just use this really cheap jar or red jewelry cleaner. Think it came from either K-mart or Walmart. You dip the piece in there, swich it around a bit, and there is a small brush to get into the corners. Works good, and won''t crack any stones.
When I am finished cutting a stone, I just use a cotton swab with rubbing alchol. This cleans all the wax off the stone, and any oil from the polishing lap.

I agree that the stones don''t really look like lab created emerald.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the responses. I have a red jar of jewelry cleaner too, probably the same one that was mentioned.
2.gif
I will give the pendant a soap bath and if that doesn''t clean it up enough, I''ll give that jar a try later. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results