shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant mount for blue-grey spinel?

Sakag

Rough_Rock
Hello, all. :wavey: I've been lurking for a while, learning and drooling, and the occasion of my first colored stone (on it's way! :appl: ) means I have a mounting mission. The blue-grey spinel in question is a rectangular octagon, and I want a pendant setting similar to this lovely one from Tiffany & Co.: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ffany-co-amethyst-pendant-many-photos.103261/, only with double claw prongs.

Does anyone know who has or can custom something like that at a reasonable price? Silver is preferred. I don't have the stone's dimensions or pics; unfortunately, the vendor has taken the listing down and I didn't write them down, because I'm an idiot. I do know that it's a radiant cut, 1.45ct. It is more grey than blue in the vendor pics. Hand shots when it gets here! Thanks for all the help!

ETA: I found the vendor photo I saved on the harddrive. Still no dims, though. 17e3289252e0bb2ad54a46794505543f.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
Yum! Can't wait for your handshots!

Freke def has a lot that look like that. If anything, she also has some like that with cool designs on the side like the modified u prong and such.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup! As soon as I saw what you linked to, Daniel M immediately popped into mind. He can make you a beautiful setting for your stone in his sleep!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have far too many necklaces that look exactly like that! All done by Daniel M.

I sold the green (peridot) recently, but I still have the other three in that picture.

The following three are similar, but the red (lab stone) has a plain 4 double U prong setting, the purple has a modified U prong setting, and obviously the white spinel is bezeled.

All of the plain ones were done by Daniel M (there is at least one that has a halo, which I bought secondhand). I actually have pictures that I took of the hot pink with the Tiffany catalog, but I can't find them on my computer. Excellent choice!

_3684.jpg

all_four3.jpg

all_four.jpg

img_594.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke these are so lovely and it's so nice to see them again.

Sakag

Rough_Rock
...and now I want to live in Freke's jewelry box more than I did before.
Thanks everyone! Daniel M will be receiving an inquiry as soon as the stone gets here (hurry up, postal system!).

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gee, after seeing Freke's ten thousand pendants, ya think Daniel M maybe?!! :lol:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shhhhhh MB. Maybe they should let me name that setting. "The Freke Special" sounds nice. :devil:

And this is why I've been trying so hard to let go of some of my collection! I HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF.

Sakag

Rough_Rock
Spinel got here yesterday! Bf, who bought it for me, was surprised that it was "so small." I think this bodes well for future stones! :naughty:
I think it's lovely. It's hard to capture the color of this stone! It's very graphite/silvery, kind of lively, with a small tilt window. There's a little bit of lavender/blue, and no green that I can see, except in the photos, grr! The vendor photo was pretty accurate, I think. Anyway, it may not be a "top stone," (and feel free to share any learning tips/ hints/ flaws/ why-you-wouldn't've-bought-its, because I think I'm addicted... I won't be offended.) but I love the color and can't wait to have it set by Daniel M and wear it! img_20130215_1stspinel.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh! I think it's way cool! More pics please!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Pretty stone. Yes, it bodes well that he thinks it's small. Wah hahahaha :Up_to_something:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great against your skin and I love the "bodes well for future gems" epiphany! :naughty: :naughty:

Sakag

Rough_Rock
Here's another pic. I've been trying to get ones that actually look like the stone, but it's nigh impossible! It seems to be a minor colorshifter; very grey-silver in daylight/mixed light, and quite lavender in incandescent, more so than in the photo. I've been staring it all day!

How on earth do you guys get such good handshots of your stones? I must not be that coordinated, the rest are all blurrier! img_20130214_212202.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful spinel! I am a big fan of this stone too! Thanks for posting necklaces.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! It's going to look fabulous in a pendant!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! Can't wait to see it completed!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Pretty!! What an interesting shift! I really like it- looking forward to seeing it set! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results