shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant for emerald cut Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
So I have this gorgeous, maybe 3/4 carat dark green emerald which I love. However, it''s set in a ring with two small, .1 diamonds on either side. Very simple setting. However, my engagement ring is a beautiful .52 diamond and when I wear one on either hand the emerald competes with the e-ring. It just seems like WAY too much bling going on and it''s a little too big and a smidge top heavy so it spins.

I''ve decided that I would like to set it in a pendant but I am just not in love with any of the settings I have found. Ideally I''d like it to be prong set but with the chain attached to the prongs so that the clasp never swings around. Does this make sense at all?

I''ll try to take and post pictures of it later but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen Matatora''s Halo pendant in the other threads? It''s the most beautiful pendant I''ve ever seen - maybe have something inspired by it made?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your idea makes total sense to me...I am envisioning an EC with four prongs set NW with the chain set into the top two prongs... unfortunately I can''t seem to find any pics of this style to post! I know what you mean about having a prong set stone while also having a necklace that you don''t have to worry about the clasp turning towards your throat. I can''t remember what it''s called...late Friday night, my brain is fried!

I am in utter envy of your emerald! I am absolutely dying to have a RHR of a 2 ct. emerald cut emerald for my 30th b-day! Please try to post pics of your stone so we can better assist you!
emteeth.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I am afraid you need to go custom, i did not find what your were looking for,
so i made a sketch for you

N-S-EmaraldPendant.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most basket pendants can be modified to loose the bail and hanf on the chain as the one already posted. Sure enough, your stone will have to spend a little time at a jeweler to be set... so some slight modification to a setting enters the picture easily.

The simple basket settings that could be object of said modification don''t seem to be that expensive at all: Here''s one.

And this one below was made for a 10mm ''fakey''. IMO, the setting was quite a bit nicer than most diamonds get.

DSCN5144_Assorted.jpg

This one has its own webpage! HERE

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Valeria, that is LOVELY!
30.gif

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
Thank y''all so much for all your help! The basket setting that the moderator (sorry, I''m relatively new here and I don''t know your names!) drew is exactly what I had envisioned. And that one Valerie posted is perfect! I''m definitely glad to hear that it isn''t impossible, even if no one carries that style already. I''m going to go take pictures and hopefully upload them later (we''re in the middle of a blizzard so I''m a little concerned about the availability of power).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results