shape
carat
color
clarity

pendant design advice...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I may be looking to get the assistance of a local jeweler to put together a simple pendant for me. Any advice or direction...places to look at lots of options to borrow from, for design ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you looking for a solitaire pendant design, or something incorporating melee without a center stone? If you have a center stone you''re thinking of using for a pendant I love halo designs, in fact I have one myself and love it. It''s just a wee .40 center with a halo of RB melee and melee on the bail, but I''ve also seen designs where there is no bail and the chain is attached to either side of the pendant at 10 and 2 positions which prevents the pendant from flipping over. Maybe do a search for "diamond pendant" over on SMTR and see what you come up with as far as what others here have done. Fun project!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Monarch,

Many thanks for getting back. You think that other "port" (SMTR) is a better place to see alternatives?

I''m tentatively thinking about a modest project, perhaps with a colored central stone (garnet?), and fair trade sourced melee.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ira, i would love to design something as an option for you, but i think it''s better if we start with the stone hunting - much easier this way.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ira,
Snap up Irina''s offer!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 9:53:09 AM
Author: Pricescope
Ira, i would love to design something as an option for you, but i think it''s better if we start with the stone hunting - much easier this way.
Yes indeed, that would be special; thanks so much. It''s going to take more work; not sure if it''s possible yet to find the fair trade melee. Can I ask you please to hold that thought?

Meanwhile, if any obvious suggestions for this are apparent that I can direct a local jeweler to, thanks in advance for such a lead.

It''s an 18th anniversary. Using 18 karat gold or an 18 inch chain may be sufficient for symbolic value.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ira, i don''t know what "fair trade melee" means but would love to see pictures of what your lovely wife wears just to have a feeling of her style.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Irina, after having moved, we''ve misplaced some of our wires, allowing us to actually use our digital cameras. We''ll correct this sooner than later, but not immediately. Also...I really need to pay more attention to which of her pieces she actually wears...but hopefully I''ve not been doing too bad a job, because she never buys for herself.

The sorts of things will have been pieces from craft shows, Tiffany sterling earring and a malachite necklace with earrings, pieces from the Metropolitan Museum of Art and miscellaneous.

Appreciate your willingness to help, but I realize we may be a little late or short with resources for this.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Don't worry about that then Ira, if she likes Metropolitan's (did you see Michael Michaud jewelry there?) we are good to go as soon as you decide on a stone.
I would really love to offer you something
1.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 8:25:23 PM
Author: Pricescope
... (did you see Michael Michaud jewelry there?) we are good to go as soon as you decide on a stone.
I would really love to offer you something
1.gif
I don't see Michael Michaud there at MOMA now...maybe there before? (It's been awhile...I've also engaged the Boston Arts equivalent to MOMA, and Coldwater Creek...).

Irina...I was looking through some past posts. Maybe you're thinking of a process like this?

I've never done this before, and hardly know how to get started.

But...I now think I will just drop the idea of using diamond melee altogether...just include a colored gemstone, hopefully acquired with attention to socially conscious business practices...and hopefully engage a local vendor...as that is part of what I'd like to do here, too.

Two possible ideas.

Use a garnet, red in color, possibly from here?

Also, by way of design, I was introduced to this Celtic Jewelery site, and though I'm not sure they've nailed it...I'm inspired by this piece...partly because of a certain gravitas it has.

Two associated ideas re this piece...a) see if you have any bounces from it, or b) thank you for offering, but seeing if my local vendor would work with them to just procure it. In the latter case, would they feel like a needless third wheel? Is there any value added I'd be seeking from them.

Partly, I'm both looking to provide my wife an anniversary gift now, and also, still, from when I initially engaged Pricescope in helping to find my wife's' replacement engagement ring...I'm still trying to develop a relationship with a local vendor to assist with occasional care for that ring, without being a freeloader to them.

So, I'm at multiple purposes.

So, thoughts about either design, or any of the above is most welcome.

With appreciation...

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful necklace Ira, i like it a lot but i think if you like it too you have to buy it from them for many reasons, difficulty to find a really nice cab of this size being just one of them.

Partly, I''m both looking to provide my wife an anniversary gift now, and also, still, from when I initially engaged Pricescope in helping to find my wife''s'' replacement engagement ring...I''m still trying to develop a relationship with a local vendor to assist with occasional care for that ring, without being a freeloader to them.

So, I''m at multiple purposes.
My own jewelry designing experience (not much bigger than yours though
1.gif
) taught me when it comes to a making not to try to shoot 2 birds with one gemstone,...ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results