shape
carat
color
clarity

Peloton Thread+ now vs wait till March for Thread

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I have been researching treadmills for the past week. I have narrowed it to 2 brands Nordictrack and Peloton.
Peloton has a smaller and much cheaper version coming out in March of 2021. I do like and prefer the size that is available.
Price difference is close to 2000.
Most of my friends have the peloton bike and love it. I know I will get way more use out of a treadmill than a bike.
Does anyone here have the treadmill? Do you think its worth the expense and the subscription?

Last edited:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
It seems so much more expensive- have you tried the peloton app out with a regular treadmill? Would you use the classes/subscription specifically or do you think you’d get plenty of use from a treadmill without it?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been researching threadmills for the past week. I have narrowed it to 2 brands Nordictrack and Peloton.
Peloton has a smaller and much cheaper version coming out in March of 2021. I do like and prefer the size that is available.
Price difference is close to 2000.
Most of my friends have the peloton bike and love it. I know I will get way more use out of a threadmill than a bike.
Does anyone here have the threadmill? Do you think its worth the expense and the subscription?

Including the subject line, you wrote threadmill 5 times.
Do you mean treadmill ... without the "h"?

Since it generates threads, Pricescope might be called a threadmill. ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You owe me a beer. :mrgreen:

Just kidding. =)

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I know I would use the subscription/classes. Most people I know who have the bike and seem to like the classes. I am wondering if they are worth the hype...

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I got a treadmill (no subscription or classes though) and hated it. It was too loud to be able to watch TV very well while on it, otherwise very boring, and I soon tired of feeling like a hamster on a wheel.

I got rid of it and now I jog in place while I watch TV, usually while using handweights at the same time. I jog around the house/ up and down the stairs on the commercials. No machine required! JMHO. :)

Last edited:

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Mine is the exact opposite, I have been jogging in place since I stopped going to the gym :lol-2:, I need motivation.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IF you can afford it and have the space for it, get the tread +. That slatted running belt is the BEES KNEES when it comes to treadmills. Your body will thank you and they hardly EVER need replacement or maintenance. We have a Peloton bike and have been very happy with it.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Dh got a Pelton & loved it (though it didn't help with weightloss.)
However after a few months his knee got inflamed from the constant motion & he can no longer ride.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
IF you can afford it and have the space for it, get the tread +. That slatted running belt is the BEES KNEES when it comes to treadmills. Your body will thank you and they hardly EVER need replacement or maintenance. We have a Peloton bike and have been very happy with it.

The rubber slats :lol: I got the thread + estimated delivery date is first week of Jan.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
However after a few months his knee got inflamed from the constant motion & he can no longer ride.

I'm not sure if he has but he should REALLY try a "bike fitting". It can make all the difference in the world. Also, focusing on cadence over resistance at first.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get a treadmill over a bike for the weight bearing aspect. If you can only get one I vote treadmill as it has health benefits for your bones which cycling does not.

I cannot advise you as to brands as I own Precor treadmills and loved them when I was using them. I don't even know if they make these anymore but they are excellent if they do.

My BIL loves the Peloton bike and subscription service too.

Good luck and good for you for taking this first step.

P

Petalouda

I hear the current treadmill is awesome....and also ride with issues. There’s a peloton group on reddit. I suggest going there and taking the time to see what people have to say about the current treadmill.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Screenshot_20201130-082743_Email.jpg
I did it

Get a treadmill over a bike for the weight bearing aspect. If you can only get one I vote treadmill as it has health benefits for your bones which cycling does not.

I cannot advise you as to brands as I own Precor treadmills and loved them when I was using them. I don't even know if they make these anymore but they are excellent if they do.

My BIL loves the Peloton bike and subscription service too.

Good luck and good for you for taking this first step.

I went from working out at the gym 5 days a week to walking 1 day and some weeks not at all. I spend 65% of my time in the gym on the treadmill.
I hear the current treadmill is awesome....and also ride with issues. There’s a peloton group on reddit. I suggest going there and taking the time to see what people have to say about the current treadmill.

I looked on reddit, most of them have the bike. They all seem to enjoy the community.
I got the extended warranty for my peace of mind.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have a Nordic Track incline trainer with iFit and I love it. It’s great for running like a regular treadmill, but you can adjust the incline up to 40%.

IFit has some great mountain climbing programs that are a fun departure from running and really help build muscle.

Edit: Just saw that you pulled the trigger on the Peloton. Congratulations!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure if he has but he should REALLY try a "bike fitting". It can make all the difference in the world. Also, focusing on cadence over resistance at first.

He tried bike fit but didn't help.
Not sure about cadence over resistance but now even after 5 minutes of easy ride his knee is swollen & stiff all day

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Polabowla I’m sorry your DH is dealing with this. Has he seen an orthopedist to evaluate why his knee gets inflamed?

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I have a Nordic Track incline trainer with iFit and I love it. It’s great for running like a regular treadmill, but you can adjust the incline up to 40%.

IFit has some great mountain climbing programs that are a fun departure from running and really help build muscle.

Edit: Just saw that you pulled the trigger on the Peloton. Congratulations!

I saw a lot of good reviews too- the 32i seemed about at par with the peloton, delivery to doorstep is an additional $200 without set up(due to COVID) . I did not want to take chances since neither of us is very handy. Moving over 250lb into the house would be a pain too

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Not sure about cadence over resistance but now even after 5 minutes of easy ride his knee is swollen & stiff all day

He may need to get the knee looked at. Sorry to hear this

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I saw a lot of good reviews too- the 32i seemed about at par with the peloton, delivery to doorstep is an additional $200 without set up(due to COVID) . I did not want to take chances since neither of us is very handy. Moving over 250lb into the house would be a pain too

Good call, it is easy to assemble, but we had to hire a mover to get it into the basement. It’s a heavy piece of equipment.

I have the version with the smaller screen and then project to the tv. At the time it was about half the price of the 32i, but required a few extra steps to get it all up and running.

Sounds like it’s a lot easier to get started up with the Peloton.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh bummer, he def needs to get really checked out then.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Yes he went to orthopedist who said it's inflammation from the repeated impact and should go away over time.
Thankfully it is mostly gone but comes right back with biking, a lot of walking or driving.
He might need pt eventually but that's out w covid anyway

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
My household has been part of the peloton tread "tribe" since late 2019 and I back your decision to order the current size version. Even if a smaller/cheaper version were available then we would have gone with the larger one since we're on the taller side (husband is 6'4").

It's been some time since I looked at the plans for the smaller offering but I think the screen is also going to be smaller. One thing you may not be hearing as much from the bike users is how great the boot camps are and I love the large screen for those. (Bikes just recently got the boot camps, probably in conjunction with their new bikes with larger screens.)

I think the content and trainers are top notch and this is coming from someone who has been anti-group classes my whole life. If you haven't done so already you should look at the app offerings to see what you can try now while you're waiting on the tread to arrive. This got me motivated to take a class... :lol:

and yes, the slats are awesome.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
My household has been part of the peloton tread "tribe" since late 2019 and I back your decision to order the current size version. Even if a smaller/cheaper version were available then we would have gone with the larger one since we're on the taller side (husband is 6'4").

It's been some time since I looked at the plans for the smaller offering but I think the screen is also going to be smaller. One thing you may not be hearing as much from the bike users is how great the boot camps are and I love the large screen for those. (Bikes just recently got the boot camps, probably in conjunction with their new bikes with larger screens.)

I think the content and trainers are top notch and this is coming from someone who has been anti-group classes my whole life. If you haven't done so already you should look at the app offerings to see what you can try now while you're waiting on the tread to arrive. This got me motivated to take a class... :lol:

and yes, the slats are awesome.

I have heard a lot about the slats and how awesome they are. I have started getting my feet wet with the app. 21st can't get here soon enough.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results