shape
carat
color
clarity

Peggy Noonan's pearls!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! I want her pearls!!! She's on CBS wearing her trademark baroque strand of WSS pearls paired with a longer double strand of strongly overtoned Tahitians. I think she might be my pearl idol! I'm not even paying attention to the politics...I'm just glued to the tv!

Not great pics as these are screenshots, but here's her trademark look:

_2235.jpeg

_2236.jpeg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More photos:

Hilary had a beautiful baroque WSS on today too with an enhancer.

_2237.jpeg

_2238.jpeg

_2239.jpeg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Love these! Her WSS strand looks to be 16" almost choker style.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After having stalked her on TV for a couple of days (I mean, after having watched CBS news leading up to and during Super Tuesday) I wonder if she might use a pearl shortener to adjust its length to suit her outfit. On the TV it seemed to be longer - more like 17 or 18 inches, with her double Tahitian strand falling more at 23/24. Sometimes the Tahitians were mostly hidden by her blouse or suit jacket and just occasionally peeked out; sometimes they were more visible. It actually took me a bit to realize that they were there, and then when I googled her I realized that the WSS strand on top and double Tahitian strand on the bottom seems to be her signature look. The Tahitians are sometimes tornado'ed and sometimes laying flat as a double, which makes me think that they are probably one long rope rather than a double strand. I'm not sure I could pull off a neck quite as full of pearls as she does, but I admire her style on that front. However she does it, they stay in place and don't spin around or get unruly in terms of their arrangement the way mine do when I try to wear more than one strand at once.

I have to say that I love US politics. The pearls on your politicians (and political commentators) are amazing. Washington must be a fun place to pearl watch!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
In DC, pearls are power pearls...men have their red ties, women have their pearls. Although I also greatly appreciate the bi-partisan nature of pearl wearing...definitely a way to bring the ladies of the House and the Senate...and even the Supreme Court together! Years ago, there used to be a woman known as "The Pearl Lady" who would set up shop in a row house on Capitol Hill for a week...she claimed to have pearls straight from Bejing. She mostly had inexpensive freshwater sets, but she did have some "good stuff" that you had to ask to see. It was a real blast going through the tables and tables of pearl strands with little hand baskets. Lines were usually out the door, and they had special VIP times for the high and mighty. I don't know what happened to her, but it was always fun to browse and bargain hunt. I actually purchased a flame ball strand during one of her sales in 2009 or 10...still fun and only $50! It's the strand on the left in this photo img_0586.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Well that is an interesting story! Thanks.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I've been told that professional / congressional women wear pearls because they do not distract from what they are saying. If you're trying to make a point about something, you don't want your listener to be distracted by your jewelry. The eye sees pearls, but doesn't fixate on them (aside from this forum). :D

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
That is interesting too! Love it!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They really are gorgeous, though I much prefer the SS strand on her skin tone.

US lady politicians etc really know how to "do" pearls properly, here (UK) they do the small sized, single or double strand (bit like the Queen) which is not very exciting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results