shape
carat
color
clarity

"Peerless" diamonds at Jared''s?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wdgal

Rough_Rock
Have any of you seen/heard of the "peerless" diamonds at Jared''s? They are rated "ideal" by AGS standards... went and saw yesterday and for a loose diamond this was the stats...

1.008 carats
G color
"Triple 000" Ideal
SI1 clarity

$7900

Thoughts...? Thanks!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
February beat me to the same point, though I was going to make it with this one.

Good to have local options of high quality, and not a very high premium. But, even to get the store front nearby..it is a signficant premium.

wdgal

Rough_Rock
I know it is cheaper to buy loose diamonds online, but if I am not willing to do that, I just wanted to make sure that quote is not an outrageous price for that quality diamond. I''m kind of new to this, done some research but as you probably know it''s never enough.
23.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried negotiating the price?

*Sparklelover*

Rough_Rock
I looked at Peerless diamonds today. They do not negotiate. I want to buy online, but am scared that I just don''t know enough.
34.gif
I''m afraid I may have to spend the extra $ for peace of mind. I wish I had someone that I could say... "Here is $7,500 ~ find me a diamond":)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where do you live?

ETA: I think it depends on your definition of outrageous. I think it's outrageous to pay 1800 more than you have to for a 1 carat ideal cut diamond. I REALLY would think that's outrageous. But, then... like I said, it depends on your definition. 1800 is a nice setting. It's a larger diamond. It's a pave band.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2006 11:22:21 PM
Author: Gypsy
Where do you live?

ETA: I think it depends on your definition of outrageous. I think it''s outrageous to pay 1800 more than you have to for a 1 carat ideal cut diamond. I REALLY would think that''s outrageous. But, then... like I said, it depends on your definition. 1800 is a nice setting. It''s a larger diamond. It''s a pave band.
Yes. I would go the online way. You can call James Allen, Good Old Gold, or Whiteflash and tell them your budget and have them find a stone for you. All of them have very good reviews here on PS. It is hard to do this and send money off to someone you haven''t met. But it is worth it.
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
One other thing, trused online vendors such as those mentioned have good return policies. You can order something and take it to get independently appraised to give you peace of mind. Honestly, I would be more scared to buy something from a mall jeweler than an online vendor now that I have some knowledge thanks to pricescope.

*Sparklelover*

Rough_Rock
I live in Columbus, Ohio. I went to Jareds and they had a 1.11 ct. G, SI1 Round Peerless that had the Gem X light analysis for $7,500. The only problem is that I really had my heart set on a VS2. If you all had $7,500 to spend, how would you spend it? Cut is so important, but then I don''t know where to go from there. I''ve been married for quite some time and this is my first diamond. I''m not sure why we waited. I guess it''s mostly because we kept putting the money in the house, landscaping, savings etc.... Also, I felt guilty spending money on myself. Well, the guilt is gone. He purchased a few new toys recently, so I decided it''s time for some bling.
36.gif
We recently found an A Jaffe setting that I love
30.gif
for a ridiculous price, so all I need is the diamond. Help....Please
19.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2006 8:19:45 PM
Author: *Sparklelover*
I live in Columbus, Ohio. I went to Jareds and they had a 1.11 ct. G, SI1 Round Peerless that had the Gem X light analysis for $7,500. The only problem is that I really had my heart set on a VS2. If you all had $7,500 to spend, how would you spend it? Cut is so important, but then I don''t know where to go from there. I''ve been married for quite some time and this is my first diamond. I''m not sure why we waited. I guess it''s mostly because we kept putting the money in the house, landscaping, savings etc.... Also, I felt guilty spending money on myself. Well, the guilt is gone. He purchased a few new toys recently, so I decided it''s time for some bling.
36.gif
30.gif
19.gif
As someone who has been married for a long time, do not feel guilty splurging on yourself. You deserve it! My ring is a lovely but overpriced three stone ring by Hearts on Fire. After what I have learned on pricescope if I had $7,500 to spend I would buy an A Cut Above (ACA) diamond from Whiteflash that was H in color and an eye clean SI1 or SI2. If you call Whiteflash or one of the other pricescope vendors they can guide you. Cut really is the most critical thing.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
my inlaws live in Columbus. They have some local B&M which I would try if you wanted somewhere local but buying online really does save some money. I totally understand peace of mind b/c that is why we bought my e-ring setting and e-band from a local B&M. I personally perfer mom and pops over "chain" stores. I think you get better service.

*Sparklelover*

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the replies. You all are absolutely right about the prices online. It looks like I''ll save about $1,000. I have one friend in the jewelry business here in town, but I was concerned about his buying power as a "mom & pop" type store. I was also concerned about turning him down if his price wasn''t low enough. Oh, decisions.... decisions.....
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2006 8:19:45 PM
Author: *Sparklelover*
36.gif
30.gif
19.gif
Sparkle, if you make a thread about what you''re looking for, and ask for help, you will probably get plenty. I personally love spending other peoples money.
9.gif

Seriously, I would love to help you get the best deal you can, and I know others would too.
2.gif

*Sparklelover*

Rough_Rock
Today I spoke to a man who makes custom jewelry and just opened his new jewelry store about a mile from my home. I told him about my situation and he said that he could get me a 1 ct. VS2 G color that was ideal cut from his supplier for $7500. He said that he would only make a tiny amount of money, but a few hundred was better than nothing. So, I asked him to e mail me the AGS report. I''ll start a new thread when I get it. I would certainly love some feedback on it if you all would be so kind. If that doesn''t work, then I would sure love some help spending my money:) Thanks to all of you for being so helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results