shape
carat
color
clarity

Pebbles are forever?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
With all the discussion about why we tend to buy into the "diamonds are forever" cliche, I thought this was an interesting bit of trivia. Apparently, someone told these penguins that "pebbles are forever."
http://www.cnn.com/offbeat/gallery/content.1.11.html

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sure is sweet. Too bad the female penguins can''t wear their pebbles. What does she do with them anyway?

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
They use the pebbles to build nests, apparently. A bit more useful than a ring, I suppose.

griffiam

Rough_Rock
Oh, that is one of the cutest things I''ve ever seen! Of course, if my husband tried to get away with giving me a pebble, he''d be in big trouble!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gives the phrase "giving the girl a rock" a whole new meaning!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
aw, penguins are so cute.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Penguins are so cute! There is a movie called "The Pebble and the Penguin" that is a whole story line about the penguin finding the perfect pebble for the penguin he loves. It''s a great kid''s movie, and I used to watch it almost every day! There are more than one species of penguins that do this courtship, Adelie in the movie and Gentoo in the picture you posted, so that is kind of neat!

*M*

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
5.gif
Love that.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll have to check out the Pebble & Penguin movie. That sounds like one of those kids movies that will make me all teary (like the Last Unicorn). It is interesting to see that other species (especially cute ones!) give tokens to the object of their affections. Makes me feel like my materialism is less of a human flaw and more of a natural instinct!!
Hope this brought everyone a smile!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 10:00:05 PM
Author: enbcfsobe
I''ll have to check out the Pebble & Penguin movie. That sounds like one of those kids movies that will make me all teary (like the Last Unicorn). It is interesting to see that other species (especially cute ones!) give tokens to the object of their affections. Makes me feel like my materialism is less of a human flaw and more of a natural instinct!!

Hope this brought everyone a smile!

It''s not as sad as "The Last Unicorn" (which I am ashamed to admit I own on DVD AND just watched last week... sigh... I swear I''m an adult). It has Tim Curry and Martin Short in it, so you know it''s gotta be good, haha, plus it is a very sweet love story... even if they are little penguins!

*M*

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But the real question is do they upgrade their pebbles for *bigger* *smoother* *shinnier* pebbles?
31.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 10:06:46 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
But the real question is do they upgrade their pebbles for *bigger* *smoother* *shinnier* pebbles?
31.gif
Haha, you are funny! Actually, they kind of upgrade because both species use the stones for their nests, so they have to get the "best" pebbles (whichever those may be), and they get LOTS of them, haha. I am probably ruining this for everyone, aren''t I? I can''t help it... I love learning about animals!

*M*

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
I sent this to my honey thinking that he knows exactly how Mr. Penguin feels:

Hmmmm...will she like this one? No, not shiny enough. What about this one? No...wrong size. Wait...this one''s perfect! She''ll love it! Finally!!

Boys of all species really work hard their girls, huh? Gotta love ''em for it!!
21.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Should she send her pebble to MWM or LM for a custom setting? LM could make a beautiful ring...but wait, would the pave'' be too fragile for all that swimming and hiking??? Better MWM than LM, for this little penguin bride
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results