shape
carat
color
clarity

Sold Pearls FS

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loose round peacock Tahitian is off to a new home :))

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Need to win lotto :mrgreen2:
dang ! :doh: Lotto is not an essential service so is not active durring the lock down

To give up some of these Yssie, your collection must be impressive

You are funny!

I would seriously ship you some bling your way to cheer you up during all this!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade Sorry, today got the better of me and I've lost natural light now :(sad I'll do my best to get some pics in the morning.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Light body Tahitians no longer for sale.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few updates:

A) Baby Akoyas and large pastel Tahitians:

The baby Akoyas and large Tahitians are on their way back to me. If the Akoyas are undamaged, I'd still like to send them to a new home. I'll include the large Tahitians, which were apparently drilled improperly (I'll be posting closeup photos here in a couple days as an FYI) at no additional cost. My asking price is the same as before - it's my own price per inch from Cees. ($555).

I got a lot of emails about these. If they're saleable, I'm going to offer them to those who reached out to me previously in the order that I received interest. If none of the folks who originally expressed interest decide to move forward then I'll re-list them on LT :))

B) Green Tahitians:

I checked these over and they're fine, thank goodness! Three of the pearls have one drill side that looks a touch questionable - see photos below.

GREENIE_DRILLHOLE_3.JPG

GREENIE_DRILLHOLE_1.JPG

GREENIE_DRILLHOLE_2.JPG

$475 for PSers - I paid $1200. Why so low? I feel I overpaid - the pearls are neither as clean nor as lustrous as vendor photos and description suggested. My photos depict them accurately. But I've been too busy to deal with it, and at this point it's been months - I don't think requesting a refund would be fair.

I got a couple of emails about this strand. I'm going to offer them to those who reached out to me previously in the order that I received interest. If none of the folks who originally expressed interest decide to move forward then I'll re-list them on LT :))

C) Ten-nyo neckshots!

Beside a window with natural light - it's cloudy today. The Ten-nyo is the longer unknotted strand.

NECK_1.jpg

NECK_2.jpg

NECK_4.jpg

TEN-NYO-WRISTCOMP.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few updates:

The baby Akoyas and large Tahitians are on their way back to me. If the Akoyas are undamaged, I'd still like to send them to a new home. I'll include the large Tahitians, which were apparently drilled improperly (I'll be posting closeup photos here in a couple days as an FYI) at no additional cost. My asking price is the same as before - it's my own price per inch from Cees. ($555).

I got a lot of emails about these. If they're saleable, I'm going to offer them to those who reached out to me previously in the order that I received interest. If none of the folks who originally expressed interest decide to move forward then I'll re-list them on LT :))

B) Green Tahitians:

I checked these over and they're fine, thank goodness! Three of the pearls have one drill side that looks a touch questionable - see photos below.

GREENIE_DRILLHOLE_3.JPG

GREENIE_DRILLHOLE_1.JPG

GREENIE_DRILLHOLE_2.JPG

$475 for PSers - I paid $1200. Why so low? I feel I overpaid - the pearls are neither as clean nor as lustrous as vendor photos and description suggested. My photos depict them accurately. But I've been too busy to deal with it, and at this point it's been months - I don't think requesting a refund would be fair.

I got a couple of emails about this strand. I'm going to offer them to those who reached out to me previously in the order that I received interest. If none of the folks who originally expressed interest decide to move forward then I'll re-list them on LT :))

C) Ten-nyo neckshots!

Beside a window with natural light - it's cloudy today. The Ten-nyo is the longer unknotted strand.

NECK_1.jpg

NECK_2.jpg

NECK_4.jpg

TEN-NYO-WRISTCOMP.jpg

I want your neck ?
Will it fit me ? :mrgreen2:

You were made for pearls !!!

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie Hi, just messaged you re the multicolored Tahitians—let me know if you don’t get my email through Loupe Troup!

Any chance you would sell them independently of the baby Akoyas?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Pinkmartini87 Emailed you!

@MakingTheGrade @Daisys and Diamonds :bigsmile: ::) I actually despise stuff around my neck! Necklaces, scarves, pullover sweaters... My fingers were itching to yank them off the whole five minutes I was taking those pics LOL. Don’t be horrified but I use the shortened Hanadama strand as a double-wrap bracelet :oops:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Pinkmartini87 Emailed you!

@MakingTheGrade @Daisys and Diamonds :bigsmile: ::) I actually despise stuff around my neck! Necklaces, scarves, pullover sweaters... My fingers were itching to yank them off the whole five minutes I was taking those pics LOL. Don’t be horrified but I use the shortened Hanadama strand as a double-wrap bracelet :oops:

I understand completly
i have always hated anything but a loose chain around my neck
as a 70s child i hated skivies aka Bert and Ernie
And back then mum would sew my nighties with lots of scratchy lace onto highly flammable fabric !! So there was static and scratch !
A turtle neck would be my absolute nightmare

So beads always gave me a bit of a headache - i felt kinda sick when i wore them so i was really surprised when i inherited mum's pearls how light they were
Im always looking at smaller pearls

as much as i love the chockers Camilia DofC rocks im not sure i could do it - mind you if Prince Charles was buying id give it a crack !

Anyway i have found i can tollerate a longer length necklase and i have recently noticed the Queen wears a really flattering length with her pearls

Your pearls are so beautiful - you have a great eye to go with the neck ! Don't give up on too many of your projects

amti

Rough_Rock
I sent you an email earlier Yssie.

@Daisys and Diamonds, I realized that I really love rope strands more than chokers, simply because I can play with my pearls and look at all the pretty colors, which I can't do if they are around my neck. And I love braclets for this reason too. Plus, I think ropes give a slimming look! :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sent you an email earlier Yssie.

@Daisys and Diamonds, I realized that I really love rope strands more than chokers, simply because I can play with my pearls and look at all the pretty colors, which I can't do if they are around my neck. And I love braclets for this reason too. Plus, I think ropes give a slimming look! :D

....dedinatly more good reasons to go longer :appl:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
This FS thread is making me drool... pearls are so beautiful and classy! @yssie , I need to go check out your projects!

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A few updates:

B) Green Tahitians:

GREENIE_DRILLHOLE_3.JPG

GREENIE_DRILLHOLE_1.JPG

GREENIE_DRILLHOLE_2.JPG

C) Ten-nyo neckshots!

NECK_1.jpg

NECK_2.jpg

NECK_4.jpg

TEN-NYO-WRISTCOMP.jpg

Just gorgeous

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The baby akoyas and large Tahitians are back. The baby akoyas are just fine, no problems ::)

The large Tahitians... I now see both (A) how I missed the issue, and (B) how the first buyer caught it right away. You don't see anything amiss unless you look at the drill holes directly, but when you inspect the drill holes you can't miss it; 3/4 of the pearls in this strand show some degree of this. Interestingly, the larger pearls are cleaner than the smaller pearls.

Ultimately I agree with her: This is unacceptable in a multi-thousand dollar strand. So these will go as an add-on with the akoyas per my last post.
Iterating the PSA to check your pearls as soon as you buy them.

LARGE_LIGHT.jpg

LARGE_MODERATE.jpg

LARGET_MOST.jpg

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know there’s no crystal ball for you to peer into - but what’s your best guess that damage will flake off more/spread or be relatively stable?

Lovely pearls. Very lovely.
Very tempting.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know there’s no crystal ball for you to peer into - but what’s your best guess that damage will flake off more/spread or be relatively stable?

Lovely pearls. Very lovely.
Very tempting.

Tahitians do have pretty thick nacre to begin with - that helps!! On the most-damaged pearls I can feel the height difference if I lightly scrape my fingernail over the area. With knots between each pearl (knots made of soft, protective thread) this is an area that will see no direct impact at all, so I imagine they could be worn for a long time without exacerbating the peeling. Without knots between each pearl, if adjacent pearls are allowed to rub against each other - that's probably inviting trouble.

I would definitely recommend knots on both sides of these pearls - I would have recommended that anyway, though, given how large and heavy these pearls are. For a bubble strand with the baby akoyas knotting between each tiny pearl would be visually distracting, so I'd do something like this:

1586216801573.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds @amti a loooong rope of smaller pearls is on my Want list! I want it long enough to knot, to double up, to wrap around my shoulderbag handles, to wear as a headband... :love:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds @amti a loooong rope of smaller pearls is on my Want list! I want it long enough to knot, to double up, to wrap around my shoulderbag handles, to wear as a headband... :love:

that is so fabulous on so many levels !!!
I grew up in the 80s
headbands can be very glamouse plus i love the 1920s flapper look

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby akoyas are off to their new home with the large Tahitians.

Tahitian greenies are also off to a new home.

Remaining FS: Ten-nyo!
And open to offers and trades! ::)

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reducing the Ten-nyo to $2400 for PSers :))

mintbark

Shiny_Rock
Hi yssie, have you seen the ten-nyos next to Mikimotos? I have a strand with the diamond clamshell clasp (which are supposed to be reserved for their better pearls). I don't know the size of the pearls but I think they're 6.5mm and they're very lustrous. I kind of interested in a larger strand as well but I'm curious how they compare.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi yssie, have you seen the ten-nyos next to Mikimotos? I have a strand with the diamond clamshell clasp (which are supposed to be reserved for their better pearls). I don't know the size of the pearls but I think they're 6.5mm and they're very lustrous. I kind of interested in a larger strand as well but I'm curious how they compare.

I have not, unfortunately. I would love to do some comparing but everything’s closed for the foreseeable future :(sad

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m removing the Ten-nyo listing and reporting this post to close this thread. Now that the akoya saga has reached happy denouement... I think I’ve become rather attached to it. Silly as keeping it still seems ::)

Thank you all for your time and interest - in both my thoughts (which I’ll be the first to admit can be rambling!) and these pieces!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m removing the Ten-nyo listing and reporting this post to close this thread. Now that the akoya saga has reached happy denouement... I think I’ve become rather attached to it. Silly as keeping it still seems ::)

Thank you all for your time and interest - in both my thoughts (which I’ll be the first to admit can be rambling!) and these pieces!

Yay! I’m glad you’re keeping it! It looks great on you :)

amti

Rough_Rock
I echo MakingTheGrade's comment. Pearls love you, or at least your neck! :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy you are keeping them. You have a way of wearing your pearls better than anyone around!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results