shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearls from pearl_society

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Received them yesterday. All I can say is wow. I'm liking them both a lot!

I asked them about drilling the golden, which they did (they charge 50 cents to do it) the tahitian is not drilled. I'm going to attempt it myself (finally have a small vice, wish me luck!!)

Anyway, here's the specs:

DEEP GOLDEN SOUTH SEA CULTURED PEARL - 14.5mm x 11.7mm

METALLIC GRAY W/ GREEN TAHITIAN PEARL - 16.4x 12.8mm

For single pearls they're really quite heavy. My husband is balking at the thought of having his own pearl necklace though it would look good on him. (I'm working on him though :lol: )

-A

P1050551.JPG

P1050555.JPG

P1050553.JPG

P1050552.JPG

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice :appl: what are you going to do with them?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
omg omg omg
I am frightened by the image of you with a hand drill and a pearl in a vise. It takes special bits. I would use a diamond grit bit (LASCO or Daniel lopacki) a mini drill press is a must! and plenty of water, for you have to drill wet. And slow. use the slowest rotation on the drill. let the drill do the cutting, that is, dont force or rush it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL I swear I'll be uber careful because my hands are my money makers. I'm not going to attempt it right away and have some bits on order that fit my dremel. I figure it can't be worse than bone (at least I hope its not) AND I will do a few practice pearls before starting on the real deal too :bigsmile:

-A

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Arc - you sure have been busy! Into the pearls now, huh? Be careful... dangerously addicting!!! ;))

Your pearls from pearl_society are very nice!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi K9! I love fresh waters but every once in a while dip my toes over here too. I've had some ideas to incorporate gems and pearls both into some designs for a while (if I can learn how to knot properly!!)

Found out earlier today I will NOT have to travel on Sunday as the place where I'm to be working dosen't even have an onsite work area with computer set up for me yet though they had PLENTY of time to do so :rolleyes: So I'll be doing remote until they get their act together (figures...lol) Thank goodness I'm flexible but had to change a ton of freaking travel plans(ugh!!! :angryfire: )

The life of a contractor, I tell you (but at least they told me today instead of what has happened in past jobs where I'd get there and would twiddle my thumbs for 2-3 days...)

-A

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely bids, I really like the Tahitians. You've inspired me to bid on some cute SSs.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks lovinggems. They weren't expensive and really are nice looking in person. Certainly perfect for a pendant (or 2 :bigsmile: ) someday I'm going to have to get a pair for some earrings, though they'll have to be small since they're so heavy. i'm trying to win some more ( but I keep getting outbid ...is that you?? ;)) )

-A

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1307467251|2939927 said:
Thanks lovinggems. They weren't expensive and really are nice looking in person. Certainly perfect for a pendant (or 2 :bigsmile: ) someday I'm going to have to get a pair for some earrings, though they'll have to be small since they're so heavy. i'm trying to win some more ( but I keep getting outbid ...is that you?? ;)) )

-A

Gosh I hope it's not me. :lol:

realismu

Rough_Rock
I like the golden rather than the darker.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results