shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearls for bridesmaids?

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I think I am going to do 18-inch freshwater pearl necklaces and bridesmaid gifts. I've already been talking to Pearllunar about this. I don't really want to spend a ton on this since I'll also be paying for the girls' hair and makeup (and because we're paying for the wedding ourselves!). Also none of them none of them are into learning about or researching jewelry/gems/diamonds/pearls the way I am so I know they would necessarily know or appreciate akoyas vs freshwaters beyond thinking both look pretty. Of course, that being said, I do want to get them something of pretty good quality, and I think Pearllunar is a good combination of meeting both my pricing and quality needs.

So, I'm now at the point of deciding exactly what strands to get the girls, and I'm torn between getting them different colors (2 white, 1 pink, 1 lavender) or getting them all white pearls. At first, I was thinking to do colors that seem to "go" with their personalities. But I feel like white is classic, and I started to think that maybe the girls who got pink and lavender would feel bad that they didn't get classic white. (Honestly, I started thinking this because several years ago, my mom got me and my cousin matching pearl necklaces - not real pearls - and my cousin got white while I got apricots/gold, and I had wished I got the white ones. Of course, I was much younger and immature then, but it got me thinking.) None of the girls currently own a strand of pearls (at least that I'm aware of). Do you think I should do classic white for all of them or colors for two of them?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get the same thing for all of them.

Q

Queenie60

I would get classic white for all of them. Can't go wrong with classic white and they will enjoy it more over time. Great gift for brides maids. Many years ago (27) I gave my brides maids a single white pearl on a gold chain and some of them still have the necklace and a few gave them to their daughter.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
pearlsngems|1456074237|3993674 said:
I would get the same thing for all of them.
I would do this, but maybe get something little nicer for your Maid of honor. Maybe larger pearls or matching earrings as well.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would advise white pearls as they are easier to wear and mix/match with clothing etc...

And pearlluna_pearlsonly on eBay is a good choice, based on my previous purchases from her.

DK :))

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all! I've gone ahead with all 4 necklaces with white pearls. :D

And yes, I'll be doing something extra for my maid of honor...I'm thinking a pearl bracelet and/or earrings.

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Another question...as a MOH, would you rather have a FW pearl tincup bracelet or a regular FW pearl bracelet? I can't decide...

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think it depends on her personal style. I think the tin cups are excellent as they work for people who might not normally wear pearls and can be layered with other bracelets/bangles. The white pearl bracelet is a classic, matches the necklace, and a touch more formal - that said .. can be worn with anything really. They are both great ideas.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results